Dennis Rodman UD signature worth grading?

Anfaure1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Anthony
I’m considering getting this card graded but not sure if it would be worth it as I can’t find any current or previous sales for it, 06/07 UD ultimate collections signatures Dennis Rodman, looks like it might grade a 9. I also can’t find much info on the series so I don’t know how rare the card will be, any thoughts on whether it’s worth grading?

IMG_8016.jpeg

IMG_8015.jpeg

I will preface this by saying I know little about grading or how they assign grades.

However, from looking at the pic aren't at least three of the corners dinged in some way as well as some flecking on the right side by the signature.

Hence, it's not grading a 10, or a 9, or a 8, and I'm not sure where that number stops. I'm sure someone with more specific knowledge will help.

Having said that, very cool card from one of my favourite autograph sets.

Might be right, I didn’t want to take it out of the top loader and to the naked eye in the old and discoloured top loader the corners look good. Zooming in on the photo seams to show a different story though. I’ll take it out of the top loader and post more photos. What about the value though, does anyone have any ideas on that?

I’ve taken it out and had a good look at it now, to the naked eye on close inspection you can just see a tiny amount of damage to the top right and bottom left, under magnification you can clearly see the damage and also to the bottom left so it will bring the grade down, hoping only by 1 though. The surface looks perfect and centring would have to be a 9 at least.

IMG_8019.jpeg

IMG_8018.jpeg

I bought an Olajuwon for $100 AUD, randomly a year ago to the day!

That's probably a solid comparison though I don't think Rodman signs a lot so his may be a bit higher.

I'm not sure about bothering grading as authentic. As far as I know no one is counterfeiting this set, so I'm not sure if an "authentic" tag would allow it to sell for more.

Thanks. I guess a 7 or 8 grade wouldn’t add any value then so I’m probably best just selling it as it is, would grading the autograph add any value though?

I'm not sure why none of the members who operate in the graded card market have chimed in, but I will offer my very limited 0.02c just to give you a data point.

I would not pay extra for a graded autograph on this card. I would not pay extra for a 7 or 8 grade and would not *think* an 8 would sell for a premium that was worth the cost of grading.

(But, for full disclosure, I have no interest in graded cards and do not buy them so my knowledge is limited.)

A close friend sent over 60 NRL autograph cards not ips to an Australian Grading Company about 5 years ago.When he received them back most had a very good grade.Now he has tried to sell them and can't. Two reasons why he can't sell them is because he thinks there worth 12 times the original price he paid,and the second reason is because it was done buy an Australian Grading Company .

I'm not sure why none of the members who operate in the graded card market have chimed in, but I will offer my very limited 0.02c just to give you a data point.

I would not pay extra for a graded autograph on this card. I would not pay extra for a 7 or 8 grade and would not *think* an 8 would sell for a premium that was worth the cost of grading.

(But, for full disclosure, I have no interest in graded cards and do not buy them so my knowledge is limited.)
Thanks, that’s very helpful. I tend to agree with you so I will just sell it as is.

Back
Top Bottom