Rose vs Griffin

Who is the better future investment

• Blake Griffin

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Derrick Rose

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters
Oh,and if your going to use Draft pick numbers as a comparison..... You should look at the strengths of the drafts! Griffen was a country mile 1st pick with Evans second'

Thats my whole point......................If Jordan was The greatest player ever when he came in to NBA wouldn't he be number1 on every ones draft board regardless of the position the team needed to cover? If you went back and asked Portland if they could swap Jordan for Sam Bowie they wouldn't?

I understand what your saying and I agree to a point, but the thing with Griffin is the way he plays the game, I get it might all fall apart but it might all fit together as well and he has potential to be a great of the game (As may Rose). Its all about whats ahead of him not what hes done

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 05:10 PM ----------

"Greatest player ever" Drexler or whoever gets traded

People new what they were getting with Jordan, its as simple as that. Trading and so on wasn't as full on as it is these days back then, yes it happened, but not on a wish and a prayer like it seems to in Modern NBA.

Griffen had a SERIOUS injury and missed his entire first year! Jordan injured his foot and missed a large chunk of his 2nd season but still made it back for playoffs and went crazy against the Immortal Celtics!
Griffen is a gun, I have never stated otherwise, but he is always going to be a Scorer and Rebounder that plays minimal to average D, eventually, at the moment it is No D......

Rose has only added to his arsenal and his D has gone from strength to strength! Griffen does not have growth in him to be come a team leading, all conquering player that everyone is hyping him up to be. Sure, team him with a moderate to good Point Guard that passes first and can shot the long ball, and along side Gordon and at least another piece they might go deep in the West on day, but they won't get any further then that.... Griffen will only win rings in a Shaq style way, by teaming up with superstar/s.....

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 07:59 PM ----------

Thats my whole point......................If Jordan was The greatest player ever when he came in to NBA wouldn't he be number1 on every ones draft board regardless of the position the team needed to cover? If you went back and asked Portland if they could swap Jordan for Sam Bowie they wouldn't?

Again, go do some research.. The GM, Owner and the rest of the Hierarchy have stated many times over the years they made the right choice, at the right time for their team and they wouldn't have changed it. Derxler was a great player and a 2 time NBA champ.... You seem to be forgetting that. If it was the year before or the year after Jordan would have gone number 1... But that period of Basketball never ever dictated the best player gets drafted higher, picks were used to best fill voids in teams!The NBA is more of a business these days, compared to how it was back then. You take the player that is going to make you the most money, or get you the most in a trade (Derrick Favours)... Back in '84 it was mainly about the sport itself! You CAN NOT COMPARE THE ERAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh please how many great white guys played in the NBA?

All I really remember is Larry Bird (late 80s is what I remember from). Sure there were some good players around but none had a full on great leading career like Larry.

Blake will fade away.

All I really remember is Larry Bird (late 80s is what I remember from). Sure there were some good players around but none had a full on great leading career like Larry.

Blake will fade away.

Griffin is white? I have a hard time telling what he is.

if his dad is black and his mum is a ranga explains the almost albino look. Rangas are very pale.

back on topic Blake has done really well,butlets faceit the rest of the team aroud his gives little support so he does most the scoring.

Bosh is a good example, now with Wade and Lebron he just isnt getting the same numbers.

I know we said take Jordan out, but same can be said for him. Before the championships Jordan was scoring huge numbers for the Bulls and they still would loose to the Celtics etc in the playoffs. When Pippen joined, it was more a team effort with a great bench support.

So for Blake WAY TO EARLY to tell what he will turn out like.

From what I understand, Blake is half white, half african american. Same as Jason Kidd.

I take Rose, though its very tempting to take Blake. The main thing is injuries. An injury to Blake depletes his game far more than it would deplete Rose's game. Blake relies very very heavily on his athleticism... so does Rose of course, but Rose has more to offer rather than pure speed/jumping. My final tally....

Rose 55%
Blake 45%

thats how I worked it out in my head

Give me the star big man over the star little man any day of the week. Although Rose has speed that few others do a single foot/knee injury of the wrong type that takes that away and he will become an ordinary player. Griffen is raw, still has a lot of upside, lots more than Rose. Who knows where each of them will end up and if either will ever win a championship!

Also when was the last time in the post Magic Johnson era that a top line point guard (I personally dont count Wade) led their team or played a massive factor toward an NBA Championship.

Ah yes great big men are hard to come by but remember Blake aint a true big man. Yes he is 6-9/6-10 PF but they are a dime a dozen. Bosh, stoudamire, Boozer etc are all the exact type of player. Big PF who can crash the boards and score. I think what you mean is a big powerful C is what wins championships. Blake is far from that.
And how can you not count Wade. The guy was magic. Yes he had shaq by his side but Wade was equally as important. Without Wade feeding Shaq the ball he had squat. And so your telling me players such a Dumars and Thomas never lead their teams to championships? The NBA goes in cycles and with the amount of top quality guards coming out and lack of Big men there will be a few championships won on the back of these guys for years to come.

PS Really love your sig Hawksforever.....looks SICK!!! Who did it ha ha?

Ah yes great big men are hard to come by but remember Blake aint a true big man. Yes he is 6-9/6-10 PF but they are a dime a dozen. Bosh, stoudamire, Boozer etc are all the exact type of player. Big PF who can crash the boards and score. I think what you mean is a big powerful C is what wins championships. Blake is far from that.
And how can you not count Wade. The guy was magic. Yes he had shaq by his side but Wade was equally as important. Without Wade feeding Shaq the ball he had squat. And so your telling me players such a Dumars and Thomas never lead their teams to championships? The NBA goes in cycles and with the amount of top quality guards coming out and lack of Big men there will be a few championships won on the back of these guys for years to come.

PS Really love your sig Hawksforever.....looks SICK!!! Who did it ha ha?

Maybe he doesn't count Wade because he means Wade is a SG, not what he actually accomplished in the Finals.

Also Heafy was it you who wanted to play in the 2K11 league? Because there are 4 teams without owners right now...

Rose! Griffin can't run the team, he'll need someone around to facilitate.
And in the end, it may come down to something silly which may be real, like the Clippers Curse :( but :lol: but really :(

Blake will fade away.

Chris Mullin of course lol :)

Back
Top Bottom