Rose vs Griffin

Who is the better future investment

• Blake Griffin

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Derrick Rose

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters
I like Blake but gotta say Rose, since the Bulls are on their way to a championship while the Clips have a fair bit to go

Though the prices of cards arent always about winning, with the way the NBA is promoting Griffin I could probably see his prices rising regardless of whether clips are in title contention or not

From scratch...... I take Griffin, Rose still needs the support of a forward/center but Griffin can do the lot. its also pretty clear already how marketable he is but then so is Rose

I give it to Griffin by an ants nose hair

Rose has the ability to run the team and is a proven year after year player. Its to early to say what future Blake is gonna have, Might be easier to talk about Griffin after another 2 years. Also Griffin needs to learn how to play D in my opinion.

Unless Griffin goes to a better team I'd say Rose in terms of investment. Chicago is a massive Basketball market and whilst the Lakers have a huge following Clips don't, this means more demand for Rose. I would argue Rose's impact as well. Rose does a lot more than Griffin in my view. Remember Rose has played a lot of games this season without Boozer and Noah and they still cracked 50 wins. Griffin on the other hand has been fed the ball by the likes of Davis, Williams and Gordan at times. PG is also a lot harder position to play. You are the court marshal and Rose has to dish and score. It is easier for go to big men to score such a Griffin as they often play closer to the basket hence why big men fg% are always higher than a SG/PG. Not to say Griffin isn't an extreme talent, because he is, I just think people get caught up in the hype.
Secondly I wouldn't invest in either at the moment. Cards are still sky high and almost at their peak. Griffin's have factored in he will win ROY and Rose has factored in an MVP win. Rose's may go hjigher if they win the title but I doubt the Bulls will (even though it hurts me to say as a bulls fan :(). I'd wait until off season and then look at it again.
Personally I'd be investing in John Wall in the off season. Now he has had a long stint since injury his numbers keep getting better. And his cards will drop when Blake wins ROY and when he isnt in action in the playoffs. Hope my opinion helps :D

From scratch...... I take Griffin, Rose still needs the support of a forward/center but Griffin can do the lot. its also pretty clear already how marketable he is but then so is Rose

I give it to Griffin by an ants nose hair

Rose needs the support of a forward center? What, Griffen doesn't need the support of a PG.........? Rose is the better player, and will be the better play for the life of both of their careers. As much as I like Blake, and he is nothing but good for the NBA, he is more one dimensional then a stick figure drawing! He rebounds and Scores... Thats it! No D at all and has no sign of any sort of passing skill.

Rose can get to the hoop at will, he has added great 3pt range this season, he can go for 10+ assists a game consistently, he can rebound and he gets in the passing lanes and steals the ball well too.

True........but there was a time Michael Jordan was unproven

Yeah, MJ was unproven sometime through his primary school years......... Jordan was a proven talent from the time he stepped onto the court in a competitive game in High School.

That was one of the worst ever lines I have come across... sorry....

History doesn't tell us that at all. There have been a heap of players come into the NBA as "the next big thing" or had a crazy good first half of rookie year that fade away as quick as they came. Not saying that will happen to Griffin but its just to early to tell.

I see Griffin as a Shawn Kemp clone. I see Rose as a quicker, better scoring Anfernee Hardaway. Rose for me hands down in my opinion.

Ditto. I like Blake but I'm not sure he'll be this good forever. Great rebounder, and great athlete - but teams catch on. If he doesn't work every year, he's not going to produce like this yearly.

Give me the star big man over the star little man any day of the week. Although Rose has speed that few others do a single foot/knee injury of the wrong type that takes that away and he will become an ordinary player. Griffen is raw, still has a lot of upside, lots more than Rose. Who knows where each of them will end up and if either will ever win a championship!

Also when was the last time in the post Magic Johnson era that a top line point guard (I personally dont count Wade) led their team or played a massive factor toward an NBA Championship.

There was only 1 Jordan, but there was also a Shaq and a Lebron, now there's a Griffin, his rookie status is right up there.
History tells us these guys deliver (Don't bring up Larry Johnson. lol)

Rubbish. History tells us that guys can come out and dominate in their first year, but that doesn't mean they will do that for their career.

Tyreke Evans averaged 20.1 PPG, 5.3 RPG and 5.8 APG with 1.5 SPG and 45.8% FG shooting in his rookie season and has not lived up to that this season. He's just one example, and by the way, only Michael, LeBron and the Big O put up those kind of numbers in their rookie season.

I'm not digging Tyreke cause he's been injured and he's still an All-Star talent but you see my point. For big guys the case is the same.

Tell me, do you know whose numbers these were in their rookie season??

21.0 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 3.47 BPG, 51.1% FG's and 78% FT's.

I'll assume you don't (not many people do) and tell you that was Alonzo Mourning's rookie season stats. And he's not even considered one of the greatest.

Yeah, MJ was unproven sometime through his primary school years......... Jordan was a proven talent from the time he stepped onto the court in a competitive game in High School.

That was one of the worst ever lines I have come across... sorry....

Jordan was a number 3 draft pick not the greatest player ever when he started.......................................... If he was that proven he would have been picked ahead of Hakeem and even more important Sam Bowie..................................talk about worst lines ever

Jordan was a number 3 draft pick not the greatest player ever when he started.......................................... If he was that proven he would have been picked ahead of Hakeem and even more important Sam Bowie..................................talk about worst lines ever

Showed your lack of knowledge right there mate...................

Go do a little bit of research and come back to me will ya.

Akeem and Bowie were picked because of their positions! Both Franchisees have stated this from the very, very start. Portland picked up Drexler as a SG the year before so why would they pick Jordan aswell...? I can't exactly remember who Houston had, but if you do a bit of research and get an educated opinion, then you'll find both Clubs have stated he was the best player in the draft. Also, go have a look at his NC career...He won a NCAA title...... Funny how he wasn't proven!

Learn a little before you try and pull one back mate, I stated an educated opinion, you tryed to mock me and failed miserably! Thanks for coming.

Rubbish. History tells us that guys can come out and dominate in their first year, but that doesn't mean they will do that for their career.

Tyreke Evans averaged 20.1 PPG, 5.3 RPG and 5.8 APG with 1.5 SPG and 45.8% FG shooting in his rookie season and has not lived up to that this season. He's just one example, and by the way, only Michael, LeBron and the Big O put up those kind of numbers in their rookie season.

I'm not digging Tyreke cause he's been injured and he's still an All-Star talent but you see my point. For big guys the case is the same.

Tell me, do you know whose numbers these were in their rookie season??

21.0 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 3.47 BPG, 51.1% FG's and 78% FT's.

I'll assume you don't (not many people do) and tell you that was Alonzo Mourning's rookie season stats. And he's not even considered one of the greatest.

I understand what your saying and I agree to a point, but the thing with Griffin is the way he plays the game, I get it might all fall apart but it might all fit together as well and he has potential to be a great of the game (As may Rose). Its all about whats ahead of him not what hes done

---------- Post added 22-03-2011 at 05:10 PM ----------

Showed your lack of knowledge right there mate...................

Go do a little bit of research and come back to me will ya.

Akeem and Bowie were picked because of their positions! Both Franchisees have stated this from the very, very start. Portland picked up Drexler as a SG the year before so why would they pick Jordan aswell...? I can't exactly remember who Houston had, but if you do a bit of research and get an educated opinion, then you'll find both Clubs have stated he was the best player in the draft. Also, go have a look at his NC career...He won a NCAA title...... Funny how he wasn't proven!

Learn a little before you try and pull one back mate, I stated an educated opinion, you tryed to mock me and failed miserably! Thanks for coming.

"Greatest player ever" Drexler or whoever gets traded

Back
Top Bottom