Official 2016-17 NBA Season Thread

Insane! Does he sit the rest of the game now or does Kerr leave him in to beat Kobe's 81?

Would that be considered too harsh to do to a team when up 37 already? Was different in the Kobe game because it was closer and Raptors made a run if I recall.

Insane! Does he sit the rest of the game now or does Kerr leave him in to beat Kobe's 81?

Would that be considered too harsh to do to a team when up 37 already? Was different in the Kobe game because it was closer and Raptors made a run if I recall.
The fact that he's even out there still with the team trashing the Pacers is surprising..I think Kerr would have told him, Klay, get your shots up now if you want to get 60, I'm sitting your ass down in the fourth..

The fact that he's even out there still with the team trashing the Pacers is surprising..I think Kerr would have told him, Klay, get your shots up now if you want to get 60, I'm sitting your ass down in the fourth..

Durant played 22 minutes - why WOULDN'T he go to GS, same pay for 1/4 of the work. He must be thinking damnnnnn look at all that shit I had to do to score before!

wasnt long ago i remember a thread saying Klay is not a franchise guy. Tell me there is a GM who wouldnt max him out in a second. Hasn't been many people in the history of the game capable of doing that

wasnt long ago i remember a thread saying Klay is not a franchise guy. Tell me there is a GM who wouldnt max him out in a second. Hasn't been many people in the history of the game capable of doing that

Ha ha, as soon as this game finished I was expecting someone to bring this up, where were you for the other 20 games?

I have Klay on my fantasy squad and he's still not a franchise guy. He can get shoot, but really does nothing else. Rebs, Assists, nada. Just does not create at all for others. I'm also not drinking the cool aide that he's such a 2 way player. Solid no doubt though.

How many great shooters (and Klay is a great shooter) have played alongside 2 recent MVPs? Incredible talent. Same with Klay, amazing performance tonight, pretty special, but he can't even get double teamed, who ya gonna leave open? KD, Steph? The talent is crazy on this squad.

Durant played 22 minutes - why WOULDN'T he go to GS, same pay for 1/4 of the work. He must be thinking damnnnnn look at all that s*** I had to do to score before!
He had to do all that before, all the forced shots and one on ones..that was the only way they could win with the personnel that they had, it was like, who you gonna give it to besides Russ? But now, man, Kevin scores easy..just crazy efficient and it's not a coincidence he's shooting career high in FG percentage from the field. On the flip side, Russ' 6th triple double in a row and his feat of averaging a triple double over a season so far is downright ridiculous.

I hear that they paid a guy called Harrison Barnes a max deal and he's putting up two points less than Klay.. ;)

I hear that they paid a guy called Harrison Barnes a max deal and he's putting up two points less than Klay.. ;)

You guys are aware that the "max" is different to "franchise player " or superstar right? How is HB doing leading the Mavs?

I'd actually love to see Klay be the leader of a team as the no.1 option, we'd have a lot more 40 point games from him, I'm not sure about 60. Being the top dog is different to being 3rd. I just think he wouldn't be tasting too many playoff victories.

You guys are aware that the "max" is different to "franchise player " or superstar right? How is HB doing leading the Mavs?

I'd actually love to see Klay be the leader of a team as the no.1 option, we'd have a lot more 40 point games from him, I'm not sure about 60. Being the top dog is different to being 3rd. I just think he wouldn't be tasting too many playoff victories.
How is Karl Anthony Towns leading the Wolves? Anthony Davis and the Pelicans? John Wall and the Wizards? Demarcus Cousins and the Kings? Just because you're a franchise player doesn't necessarily mean that your team will have success in the regular season or playoffs. It just means that you're the top player (nowadays with superteams it's more like top 2-3 ala Cavs, Clippers etc) on that team and they are building around you. He's not a superstar? What on earth is a superstar player then? This guy is big time.

How is Karl Anthony Towns leading the Wolves? Anthony Davis and the Pelicans? John Wall and the Wizards? Demarcus Cousins and the Kings? Just because you're a franchise player doesn't necessarily mean that your team will have success in the regular season or playoffs. It just means that you're the top player (nowadays with superteams it's more like top 2-3 ala Cavs, Clippers etc) on that team and they are building around you. He's not a superstar? What on earth is a superstar player then? This guy is big time.
Klay is not a superstar, neither are any of the other guys you mentioned. Superstars are the very top echelon of players i.e. LeBron, Kawhi, Steph, KD.

Klay is not a superstar, neither are any of the other guys you mentioned. Superstars are the very top echelon of players i.e. LeBron, Kawhi, Steph, KD.

Name me 10 players better than Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins.

Name me 10 players better than Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins.
Why? When did I say they weren't top 10? I simply said they weren't superstars. The top echelon of NBA players are those who consistently lead their teams to significant winning seasons, playoff series victories, NBA finals and championships. Scoring 30pts and 15 boards on a losing team every once in a while doesn't make you a superstar

That's awesome that Klay scored 60, I'm genuinely happy for him, Mo Williams scored 52 in a game last year does that make him a superstar? Corey Brewer scored 51 a few years back, same story?

Love the passion this topic brings out in everyone. Fortunately for all of we we entitled to an opinion.

Thanks for the laughs though awesome how geed up everyone gets.

One for the firere the top 5. Russ kicks sand on all of em!!

Why? When did I say they weren't top 10? I simply said they weren't superstars. The top echelon of NBA players are those who consistently lead their teams to significant winning seasons, playoff series victories, NBA finals and championships. Scoring 30pts and 15 boards on a losing team every once in a while doesn't make you a superstar
By your own omission, you can't name 10 players better than them. And you would still not consider them as superstars? What exactly is your definition of a superstar?

By your own omission, you can't name 10 players better than them. And you would still not consider them as superstars? What exactly is your definition of a superstar?

Do you guys consider CP3 to be a franchise guy, never been to the conference finals?

Back
Top Bottom