NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

During all this, the thing I hated the most is the constant use of public funds for stadiums and redevelopments.

Which is where I came across this

I love sport, but hell it goes too far in leeching public funds and perverting educational institutions.

Sure there's positive outcomes, but it comes with some pretty hefty negatives too.

And at the end of the day and man like Kroenke is worth $7b.

This is why the Raiders are having trouble with Oakland as Oakland is still paying off their debt from the Coliseum!

Everything I am seeing looks more and more likely that the Raiders could be on the move within a season or two with San Antonio being mentioned a lot. Also, looks like Chargers are already working at joining the Rams in LA.

Also, looks like Chargers are already working at joining the Rams in LA.

I wonder if the appeal of sharing a Stadium would be as great though ? Would Kroenke really want the competition in the LA market or even want to share the stadium itself ? Sure there's probably plenty of TV market money to go around, but I would have thought part of the new stadium appeal would be the income derived from renting it out for other functions, off season use etc. Not sure Kroenke would be looking to share that if stadium ownership is split?

The logistics of a shared stadium would be a bit of a PITA too I'd think.... Color schemes on the permanent fitting couldn't be one teams colors etc. I know the Jets/Giants do it, but there must be a hell of a lot of work involved.

You would think it LA is big enough to have two separate stadiums, but I guess it all comes down to cost. Kroenke can do it all himself, but the Chargers can't (hence their joining with the Raiders) so maybe Kroenke agreeing to share with another team is why the owners got the voting done so quick. I also saw mention elsewhere that in the agreement for the Rams relocating, that the Rams were "barred from collecting on personal seat licenses or selling naming rights to their new stadium until until February 15, 2017, unless they bring a second team aboard before then." That probably gives the Rams extra incentive to get something done also.

San Antonio Raiders... I think it'll happen by 2020.

Looks like one of the most likely scenarios at this stage and seems to be picking up some buzz. By the sounds of things Davis wants a staidum sorted this year whether it be a new one in Oakland or relocation elsewhere. Only issue that might come up is Jerry Jones could try and block it from happening but with him being one of the owners that pushed for the Rams and Chargers to join and share a stadium (think it might have even been his idea that was put forward) he might not have much of a leg to stand on to then and try and block Mark Davis again.

Looks like one of the most likely scenarios at this stage and seems to be picking up some buzz. By the sounds of things Davis wants a staidum sorted this year whether it be a new one in Oakland or relocation elsewhere. Only issue that might come up is Jerry Jones could try and block it from happening but with him being one of the owners that pushed for the Rams and Chargers to join and share a stadium (think it might have even been his idea that was put forward) he might not have much of a leg to stand on to then and try and block Mark Davis again.
He won't have one to stand on. Which is why I think it will happen by 2020.

In other news, I recently opened a draft discussion thread if anyone has any happenings around the draft they want to share.

Hue Jackson is the new coach of the Browns and Chip Kelly is the new coach of the 49ers and Giants have promoted OC Ben McAdoo to HC also.

Back
Top Bottom