Dad Man Box Break - 3 x 2023 NRL Elite

DadManTrading

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Brendon
eBay User
DadManTrading
Introduction
Hey OzCard Trader Members - so I have been reading through some other Box Break threads across these forums and with the release of the 2023 NRL Elite I finally had the opportunity to do one myself so thought I'd do a quick run through of what we were able to get from 3 x 2023 NRL Elite boxes.

Quick back story... I only got into Trading Cards (again) recently when a friend started a box breaking group and I brought in to try and support. My little man (Mr 9) was enjoying watching the breaks, knew what teams we were etc - and then I brought into a 2023 NRL Traders break and since then the little one has been obsessed with NRL (Titans in particular). It led to us getting season memberships, and him starting a GC Titans collection. As such we have sold (or attempting to sell) all the cards we have received in breaks etc + he has been putting his pocket money aside which resulted in us being able to pick up 3 x NRL Elite boxes from the guys at Gold Coast Trading Cards.

The Break
It seemed a little overkill to purchase 3 boxes when effectively we're after 9 base Gold Coast Titans cards to add to his growing Titans collections... but it's also the thrill of ripping the packets open and looking through the players and seeing what we could possibly get that excites the little guy as well - so here we are three boxes and him extremely excited and talking my ears off... already filled with some regrets as the ears burn about every little league fact or piece of news he had heard.

Our first big hit was obtained by the wife who had joined us to open a couple packets... she pulled the James Fisher-Harris - League Sensations (Black) Autograph (#31/40). The excitement on her face was priceless, it was her first ever 'good card' out of all the different packs we have opened.

It wasn't long before little man pulled the Gold Coast Titans Sapphire Checklist (#19/22), while Nick Meaney from the Melbourne Storm (#18/22) soon followed, while other mojo cards including the Rubys of Selwyn Cobbo, Xavier Coates and James Tedesco were also unpacked.

Young Guns including Isaiya Katoa (Dolphins #039/177), Jojo Fifita (Titans #143/177) & Tom Chester (Cowboys #102/177) made an appearance - we thought it was pretty cool being Queensland based that we got three young gun players from three Queensland sides.

From the Young Guns the 'Hit' would by far be the Isaiah Tass (Rabbitohs) Young Guns Black Autograph (REDEMPTION) card #032/117.

The remaining two hits we were impressed with from our boxes were the
Brandon Smith - Sydney Roosters Emerald Mojo #2/9

And the Nicho Hynes - Indigenous All-Stars Patch Redemption - which we thought was pretty cool having #7 (the number he plays) of 83.

Overall little man was happy, we were happy and now it's the selling to try and get a couple boxes of 2024 NRL Traders next year and start the process all over again :)

IAS_Nicholas_Hynes_Patch.jpg
James_Fisher_Harris_Auto.jpg
REDEMPTION_YG_Isaiah_Tass.jpg
BrandonSmith_Emerald.jpg

Pretty sure I have a Jarryd Hayne Titans auto mate if you’re interested in trading for the Hynes . Can work something out if you are 👌Have a heap of other cards for trade including patch’s as well

Pretty sure I have a Jarryd Hayne Titans auto mate if you’re interested in trading for the Hynes . Can work something out if you are 👌Have a heap of other cards for trade including patch’s as well
Happy to chat but they do belong to little man who only just started collecting this year/getting into football so he's focused on their current cards.
He's worked out that if he saves his pocket money and gets a box when they're released 99% of the time he ends up with the whole base set - so all the other cards he tries to sell to get the $$ for the next box.

But always happy to chat and try and guide him, lol!

Nice work mate and thanks for sharing the box break results, they are always fun to read.
Thank you! I just try to share - trading cards have given us a new hobby we can enjoy together, and even my older son while not a football fan has started collecting WWE cards etc so its a fun little thing as a family and wanted to share our experience.

Happy to chat but they do belong to little man who only just started collecting this year/getting into football so he's focused on their current cards.
He's worked out that if he saves his pocket money and gets a box when they're released 99% of the time he ends up with the whole base set - so all the other cards he tries to sell to get the $$ for the next box.

But always happy to chat and try and guide him, lol!

Thank you! I just try to share - trading cards have given us a new hobby we can enjoy together, and even my older son while not a football fan has started collecting WWE cards etc so its a fun little thing as a family and wanted to share our experience.
All good mate .Not collecting elite this year and probably only after a couple of cards . I’ll see if I have any older titans stuff and I’ll shoot it over for the young fella , trying to de clutter my card cupboard 🤣I’ll go through what I have and get your details if you want them , cheers Joel

Didn’t know whether to post a new thread or reply here… guess we all have what I decided, haha.

So today @redtorana delivered. Got three boxes to round out our season with the boys. They have just truly enjoyed opening and seeing all the different cards. They just collect the base and we try to sell what we can and give away many cards to the schools/clubs etc.

Anyway we explained that we will get the boxes as one last hoorah and then whatever we get and able to sell we will put towards possibly getting them a case of Traders in 2024.

Boy completely blown away with what we got and my ears are still ringing from the kids screaming when they saw.

Not only were they happy with the mojos (attached) but we got the Cameron Munster Case Card
IMG_1103.jpeg

A Jordan Rapana Signature Jersey Patch Booklet
IMG_1102.jpeg

But the big moment came when we pulled the Wests Tigers Golden Ticket.
IMG_1100.jpeg

Apologies for sizing on my phone.

Obviously thrown them up on eBay but kids very excited (Dad is too sshhh!)

Any tips or advice on what we should be looking to off load the last 2 at greatly appreciated. So far just put a high price with offers turned on but want to actually list a reasonable/decent price.

IMG_1098.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

IMG_1101.jpeg

Great post. My memories of my dad buying a box of Scanlens in the 80s is still one of my favourite childhood memories. To this day my holy grail is to find a sealed Scanlens box from the early 80s and smell the packs and stale gum. One day.

Great post. My memories of my dad buying a box of Scanlens in the 80s is still one of my favourite childhood memories. To this day my holy grail is to find a sealed Scanlens box from the early 80s and smell the packs and stale gum. One day.
Thank you i love seeing the excitement on their faces. I have permanent nerve damage in my neck resulting in pins and needles in my arm and leg so can’t kick the ball around with them - helping them open the packs then seeing as they dig the cards out excited whether it’s a base or mojo or whatever definitely making memories that is for sure :)

Back
Top Bottom