NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

Whatever the pros and cons for the RG3 & Kap (mostly cons in recent times) I reckon Brock deserves first shot at the job. Just depends what level of trust they have compared to others prospects.

I hope the Broncos stick with Brock, I hope we get a more mature backup, someone with experience that can mentor him through his first full season.

But I also don't want us spending crazy amounts on him, I'd rather we keep our defense together.

Is it time for football yet?

I'd love RGIII in Dallas as a backup to Romo. Kid proved he had ability, was just very unfortunate he copped a few unlucky injuries. He's not old, would come fairly cheap and would be a massive upgrade on the garbage we had at backup last season.

Malik Jackson to the Jaguars 6 years for $90 Million.

4th highest paid lineman in league

5th highest paid defensive player overall.

What does everyone think about the price?

Certainly is Crazy time... Don't think Peyton did the Bronc's any favours with his indecision...

After cutting some, the Rams have lost another couple of D players...The only bright point on the team these past few years is getting decimated :(

To be honest I don't think Peyton affected it too much, I think Brock thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

I'd be happy with a solid QB who limits his turnovers. Doesn't have to be a superstar, just hold his own and let the defense do its thing.

Maybe even pick up a QB in the draft in the later rounds.

Agree that Peyton's decision was probably not an issue. Did anyone seriously expect him to play on?
More of a show of defiance from Osweiler, in that he was in the driver's seat for the first time in his career. He could negotiate from a position of advantage - and he did.
Now which unwanted FA do the Broncos go after? Can't rely on drafting a decent QB with pick 32.

Agree that Peyton's decision was probably not an issue. Did anyone seriously expect him to play on?

Never underestimate the ego of a pro athlete ! ;-) With slim pickings around QB wise, he just might get a phone call in a few weeks ! Just look at how Joe Namath, and Joe Montana finished out their careers..

Not sure why the Broncos wouldn't have tried harder to keep Brock, it's not like there's a bunch of great free agent QB's out there, and from I've heard the draft is pretty poor for QB's as well, not that they'll be picking at a spot to high enough to get a decent one anyway. And they had one who wasn't terrible and knew their system intimately and they weren't willing to pay what someone else is ? Could very well put pay to any repeat chance...

To be honest I don't think Peyton affected it too much, I think Brock thinks he's worth more than he actually is.

But it seems someone else also thought he's worth more ? Just a bit of a strange decision by the Bronco's I think, now they don't have a QB at all...

I'm not sure Jackson or Vernon are worth the contracts they received. I think the Raiders probably overpaid a bit for both Osmele and Irvin, but I also like the way that McKenzie has been putting his Contracts together with all the guaranteed money basically within the first couple years so if they do not actually pan out they can be cut easily with very little salary cap implications, especially for Osmele who might bomb out at LT.

I am hoping that Raiders can land Sean Smith and either Walter Thurmond or Eric Weddle to the secondary.

But it seems someone else also thought he's worth more ? Just a bit of a strange decision by the Bronco's I think, now they don't have a QB at all...
They took a big risk by franchising Miller and exposing Osweiler to free agency. That combined with the fact he was probably still dirty over being benched once Peyton was healthy again meant their gamble backfired. Got to wonder whether they should have tried a bit harder to get a deal done with Miller and maybe franchise Osweiler. Where to know?? Draft won't work for them and not many reliable number one options available in free agency. Fitzpatrick perhaps??

I'm not sure Jackson or Vernon are worth the contracts they received. I think the Raiders probably overpaid a bit for both Osmele and Irvin, but I also like the way that McKenzie has been putting his Contracts together with all the guaranteed money basically within the first couple years so if they do not actually pan out they can be cut easily with very little salary cap implications, especially for Osmele who might bomb out at LT.

I am hoping that Raiders can land Sean Smith and either Walter Thurmond or Eric Weddle to the secondary.
There seems to be a few who have got questionable contracts so far. No doubt the Giants have probably paid overs for who they've picked up but you have to admire what they've done. Identified what they needed and went out and got the best available. Couldn't stop the run (Harrison), couldn't rush the passer (Vernon) and couldn't make a play down field on defence (Jenkins). They already have a quality offence and with the defensive upgrades you'd have to say they'll be favourites to win the NFC East again despite my Cowboys getting some players back.

Penn has re-signed with the Raiders for a pretty friendly contract for a starting LT - 2-years for $14 mil. PFF posted that the Raiders are the only team to have all of their OL rated 79.0 or higher so Carr should be pretty protected this season!

Back
Top Bottom