NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

Honestly have no idea how Jeff Fisher still sticks around. There has got to be better head coaches around for the Rams?

He has to be hanging by a thread, to be honest I think the move is the only thing keeping him there, they're probably trying to keep some sort of stability... Things might change in the next week or so though as decision are finally made about the moves...

Of course, Newton can’t do anything without drawing criticism, and that apparently includes having a child.

The Charlotte Observer posted some letters to the editor on Monday, and the first two criticised Newton for having his baby out of wedlock. From the newspaper:

Cam should marry his son’s mother

"So the man whom we celebrate, and with good reason, has produced a son. Congratulations would be in order if he had been man enough to marry the mother of his child and make a home. This happy occasion is blighted when Cam, whose own parents were married, skips the very basis of being a good parent. I am just very sorry and very disappointed.”

PATRICIA S. BRODERICK, MOORESVILLE

Unwed fatherhood sets bad example

“It is amazing that the birth of Cam Newton’s son by his girlfriend is a front-page story. The U.S. is seeing a rise in unmarried births and for the media to flash this as the greatest happening for Cam Newton is contrary to today’s family principles.

Cam is a role model to many of our young males, both white and black. The least that he and his longtime girlfriend could have done is to get married prior to giving birth to show his followers that not only is he a superstar, but also a person with high morals.”

THOMAS UHL, MOORESVILLE

wow...

Geez, some people just need to mind their own business when it comes to this sort of thing...what they do is up to them, no one else knows the situation and it's really no one else's concern. And who's to say it isn't the mother who doesn't want to marry anyway ?

Yeah some people have no idea! I bet these would be the first people to quote their amendments about it being "their right" if the situation (or something similar) was reversed too.

That's some real US Bible Belt town thinking there. I bet a lot more people would be thinking the same as what those two wrote.

Chargers have first option to join and a year to make the decision. After that Raiders have the option to join. Wouldn't surprise me if Chargers cave in and join because they seem pretty set to leave San Diego also.

Depends on whether they think $100 million is a big enough incentive to stay put I suppose...

Plus they have to work out something with Rams owner Kroenke...and he doesn't play nice with others...so it might be tough!

From what I have seen, the Raiders get the $100 mil regardless for withdrawing from the relocation which allowed the Rams to be able to make the move (at least that is what I am seeing on some Raider sites).

I think that is why the Chargers owner wanted to stay as a combo with the Raiders and Mark Davis, because Kroenke doesn't see the second team as an equal partner and rather just a team leasing the stadium from him.

Had to laugh at this -

larams.jpg

A couple tweets I have seen on a Raiders site (no idea how to post the actual tweets):

"What does a $100M incentive to the Raiders & Chargers to stay in their home markets mean? They'll each get $250M in national TV $ this year"

"Mark Davis where he’ll be in 2016 "I don’t know where we’ll be. My lease at the Coliseum is expired… America, the world, is possibility."

"Mark davis' "this is not a win for the Raiders today... We'll see where the raider nation ends up here. We're looking for a home."

Yep. L.A. Fans are a fickle bunch and have always supported their NFL teams very poorly...

Remains to be seen how the Rams or any other team will do now though....especially if they're not performing as the media scrutiny will be intense!

Yep. L.A. Fans are a fickle bunch and have always supported their NFL teams very poorly...

Remains to be seen how the Rams or any other team will do now though....especially if they're not performing as the media scrutiny will be intense!

Do you think Fisher could be on the firing block now? New city, new coach, new start?

Back
Top Bottom