NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

Fallout from DeflaterGate - Brady suspended for the first 4 games of 2015 season and two low level team employees suspended indefinitely. The Patriots were also fined $1M (lunch money to them I'm sure) and they lose a first round pick next year and a round 4 pick in 2017 !!

I can't believe the massive over-reaction from the NFL. Circumstantial evidence at best and what bearing did it have on the game? Which half of football did the Patriots benefit from ball inflation variances? They dominated the game from start to finish.
Crazy stuff.

Interesting how they went the first. Although the amount of shady dealings involving the pats may have been why.

I can't believe the massive over-reaction from the NFL. Circumstantial evidence at best and what bearing did it have on the game? Which half of football did the Patriots benefit from ball inflation variances? They dominated the game from start to finish.
Crazy stuff.

I think it has more to do about tainting the image of the NFL itself than the actual advantage the Patriots may have received. And not to mention the Patriots previous history lately with Spygate etc

I think it has more to do about tainting the image of the NFL itself than the actual advantage the Patriots may have received. And not to mention the Patriots previous history lately with Spygate etc
Spot on. Penalties have surely been influenced by their previous history of shady antics.

Sorry Pats fans, but I had to chuckle a bit at this...

Apparently the new Pats Superbowl rings are ready -

needle.jpg

Who signed up for Gamepass again ? I did... Went up I think, probably the crap exchange rate, but still pretty good value I reckon. I go the A$165 pack with all pre season and reg games...playoff's I'll watch on foxtel or whatever... Only problem is I struggle to watch the games when we lose!

Who signed up for Gamepass again ? I did... Went up I think, probably the crap exchange rate, but still pretty good value I reckon. I go the A$165 pack with all pre season and reg games...playoff's I'll watch on foxtel or whatever... Only problem is I struggle to watch the games when we lose!

I'll be getting it again. Might just go for the Seahawks package and watch the other games on Red Zone.

For those keeping score Michael Sam has left the Montreal Alouettes after one game - and apparently quit football altogether - citing concerns for his mental health.

GM Jim Popp said he just couldn't get his head focused on football.

Though there were reports teammates were not happy he was being given what they perceived as special treatment. They were paying him $100k, and even before pre-season they were printing shirts with Sam's name on them, giving the perception that he wasn't fighting for spot, he was walking into one. And then when he took a leave of absence for personal reasons, he was kept on the active roster.

Like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but ever since pre-NFL draft his life has been a constant circus. Either a media tart or he has terrible management.

That's a pity about Sam. I read an interview with him after he got cut from the Rams and was trying to get back in the league by that extra workout they had last season, and he seemed to be real hungry to play, and was saying all the right things. Unfortunate that it's all over for him now as he wasn't a total bust with the Rams, if we weren't so deep at that position, he might have made a back up spot. Be a real pity if he has the skills to play but everything else surrounding him is holding him back..

Be a real pity if he has the skills to play but everything else surrounding him is holding him back..

I saw a article comparing him with Shane Rey a little while ago. They both went to the same college, played in the same system under the same coach and played same position with similar stats on the field. Their measurements and pro day stats/times were also very similar and they both carried unwanted security, Rey with his drug issues and Sam coming out as gay. Yet Rey went in the 1st round and Sam the 7th.

Now i haven't seen much of either play but when comparing the two there seems to be a pretty big gap between how they were viewed by the teams for such similar players. Would of been interesting if Sam hadn't of come out publicly and played the previous season to see how it may have panned out for him.

Now i haven't seen much of either play but when comparing the two there seems to be a pretty big gap between how they were viewed by the teams for such similar players. Would of been interesting if Sam hadn't of come out publicly and played the previous season to see how it may have panned out for him.

Agree, might have been better off to get a foothold in the league before starting the circus....

It has been a shame about Sam as he looked to be going alright in the pre-season last year. I do believe that all the media attention for him has turned some teams away (just like with Tebow) because he looks to be a better player than a few guys in the league on rosters currently.

Back
Top Bottom