Black Friday Special DA

Truth be known if I had more available card funds I might have taken a risk on a few like Momentum or Prominence, but it's a bad week for spending money, and I already have some stuff coming, so there really needs to be some value in any more spending. Certainly would have gone chrome as I'll order a box of that next week probably anyway. Keep an eye out for 2013 Absolute at some point if you're interested in it. They should show up for 119.95 a box which I didn't think was bad - down from 144.00, so I grabbed a couple. Then again Absolute is a staple for me, I usually buy it every year.

Pretty disso that there's been zero Press Pass racing products and not more interesting Non Sport stuff...

Had a Stag party this weekend so missed out on a lot of the sales, but I would have loved to have picked up a couple more boxes of Batman Legend when that went on sale. There is some great sketches in that product.

Another I nearly bit on was the Fleer retro NFL , anyone tried that ?

For me, the College uniforms don't really do it which is a shame because some of the insert sets are really cool looking designs.

My thoughts exactly, getting to look more and more like a crap clearance than a genuine sale

Yeah it looks to really be most of the stuff that was already listed in their "Clearance Sale" section anyway with Retail that never has hits and the odd very limited amount of new release product. I was tempted by 2013 Limited but it's not that great of a deal that I want to pay another $40 for shipping too :cry:

Yeah, valor is nice. Good chance at some Vets too.. Seen enough of it myself, good luck with it and yell out if you pull any Rams :thumbsup:

Still giving it all a miss myself, nothing grabbing me on there... looks like my next order will be stuff that wasn't on special or sold out quick.... so I'll be paying full price...myeh!!:mad:

Had a Stag party this weekend so missed out on a lot of the sales, but I would have loved to have picked up a couple more boxes of Batman Legend when that went on sale. There is some great sketches in that product.

For me, the College uniforms don't really do it which is a shame because some of the insert sets are really cool looking designs.

Managed to snag a Batman, a Superman and a bunch of New 52's on the presale, couldn't knock them back at the price they were. Even if you pull an ordinary sketch it's just about going to cover the cost of the box, and I've pullled some pretty nice ones from these much unloved products !!

Ahh, yes, forgot that NFL Retro would be college Uni's, glad I didn't bite then !

Managed to snag a Batman, a Superman and a bunch of New 52's on the presale, couldn't knock them back at the price they were. Even if you pull an ordinary sketch it's just about going to cover the cost of the box, and I've pullled some pretty nice ones from these much unloved products !!

Ahh, yes, forgot that NFL Retro would be college Uni's, glad I didn't bite then !

I have not seen much of the Superman, but Batman has a lot of really good quality sketches in it for something that seems to sell so cheap!

Thanks for the heads up! Might bite on it now...

EDIT - you just cost me $300 !! :crazy:;)

Prime, Topps jumbo, and just for kicks, Topps Archives as well as 2 x Marvel beginnings 2 are now on their way.... All for Xmas breaking...

Last edited:
I got a 2012 Crown Royale 24 retail pack and 3 2012 blaster boxes (gridiron, R&S, score) is this worth the extra $50 on top of my basketball boxes? Or am I better of getting a hobby box? I really just want to rip some packs and get some RG3 for my PC :)

Retail stuff is very light on for the Game Used and Autos, you need Hobby to be guaranteed any hits. I pretty much avoid the retail and blasters as I usually find them disappointing. Good for base and building sets though.

Would you recommend 2012 Gridirion Football hobby? Might pull an RC Griffin? Or would you recommend something like 2013 Topps Jumbo or Prizm?

So 2012 Gridiron Football hobby box @ $59.95 and 1 x blaster box of 2012 Score @ $3.95 and 1 x blaster box of 2012 R&S @ $6.95

Sound better than retail Crown Royale and 3 x blaster boxes for $50? :)

Definitely agree with the others going with Gridion over Blasters. The only Blaster I would really consider is the 2010 Contenders that has an auto per blaster (although I see these are now all gone anyway!)

I was nearly tempted by a box of Prime Signatures, but instead decided to cure the pack busting itch with a box of Mars Attacks Invasion and a couple boxes of the Batman Legend that went back on sale.

Back
Top Bottom