Pippen Mailday #3/3 - The Big Stuff

Essellohbeebeewhy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
so we come to the good stuff (or start with the good stuff depends where this falls on the page or if you're fast and loose and don't do it in order!!)

some long long long game cards in this. 25 year wait type of long game.

but first i'll start with these 2. i liked them when they came out and i could have had them cheaper back then but i was anti panini and not really buying anything so i let them slide. got close a couple of times but good to finally knock them off.

2014-15 Excalibur Kaboom.jpg

2015-16 Excalibur Kaboom.jpg

This card i thought i'd never own. only 5, from exquisite, tough to track down, graded, nothing working in my favour type thing but i managed to land it! again @kiwi_in_melb our similarities coming out, this time in timing of mail!!! also this will be busted, i just want to admire it a bit before i put it in the folder to be locked away forever!

2005-06 Exquisite Collection Extra Exquisite Autographs 5of5.jpg

dont care about the grade because it's coming out but it now gives me this.

(as an FYI i tend to chase 6/xxx cards. got both 6/25 and 6/10 but unfortuantely only 5 of the extra auto)

05 Extra Exquisite Trilogy.jpg

to pair with this

ExtraExquisiteTriology.jpg

i dont know of anyone else who has both of these completed. (still the king!)

these final 2 have alluded me for years! it was 25 and counting!!

this one i've missed 6 or 7 times. i was leaving with out this!! it gives me all of the team skybox in both normal and refractor. It's #1/25 too so it's fitting!!!

(again, it will be busted shortly, not sure of the pop report but it will be 1 less in a few days!!)

1999-00 Finest Team Finest Gold Refractors 1of25.jpg

and now the final part. this god damn thing has been a thorn in my side for THE LONGEST TIME. i've never seen it for sale. i know of 1 other person who has it and about 20 other guys looking for it. i was in a position to go after this quite hard so i did. Firstly because its the only one i've seen surface for sale (it's also pop one of the whole 25, but soon to be pop 0) and secondly, but most importantly, this now means i have acquired EVERY SINGLE PIPPEN REFRACTOR AND ATOMIC REFRACTOR made....all of the bludgers!!! it took 25 years but man it's good to have finally done it!!!

1998-99 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Atomic Refractors 15of25 both sides.jpg

thanks for looking.

Last edited:
This one did not disappoint!!!

The other sections were amazing but holy :poop: knocking over all the shiny is a huge achievement!!!!

Loving the Exquisites as well they look awesome all together!

Epic achievement in the Refractor and Atomic Refractor hoarding mate congrats!

I’m still out on the Kabooms but I can definitely appreciate the Exquisite stuff - beautiful cards!
thanks mate. i kept seeing other kabooms and started to regret not getting them. given past regrets i thought i better act!!!
Amazing. It's mind boggling to consider owning every refractor and atomic refractor.

Congratulations on the whole three-part mailday.
thanks mate! there are only a touch over 100 but the /25 rarely surface. 25 years searching and it came down to 2 /25's!

thanks mate. i kept seeing other kabooms and started to regret not getting them. given past regrets i thought i better act!!!

thanks mate! there are only a touch over 100 but the /25 rarely surface. 25 years searching and it came down to 2 /25's!

The refractor chase has got me interested now as to how my Olajuwon collection stacks up (poorly).

Are you counting across Bowman's, Topps, Chrome and Finest for the total refractor numbers? Does it include Finest Embossed refractors too (I assume so)?

Either way I have 17. A long way to go but at least I have an idea how long it might take!

The refractor chase has got me interested now as to how my Olajuwon collection stacks up (poorly).

Are you counting across Bowman's, Topps, Chrome and Finest for the total refractor numbers? Does it include Finest Embossed refractors too (I assume so)?

Either way I have 17. A long way to go but at least I have an idea how long it might take!
yeah mate counting everything. 107 according to my beckett checklist. bowmans, finest, topps, topps stars, stadium club and oversided ones as well.

ive also just noticed the first refractor was 1993-94 and the last is 2003-04!!

Typical Slobby. Just casually starting out with a couple of Kabooms because, you know, there's even better stuff to come of course! Sheesh! Nice stuff!

Dang, what a way to flex! Definitely prefer the look of the first Kaboom over the second, I think the hobby generally feels the same way - reflected in the pricing and fdifficulty of obtaining?

Couple of dinged up corners = PSA 5? Doesn't matter, it's the Rolls Royce and big boy in the room, a real PC centrepiece.

Congrats on every refeactor and atomic refractor, huge achievement, always satisfying to hunt down those white whales 25 years in the making. Now you just have to start chasing down every prizm variant, easily another 25 years worth of hunting there! lol

Back
Top Bottom