2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

I liked this comment because it was wrong lol
Unlucky mate, you guys dominated the first half and had a couple of moments in the second. Great match overall
Arsenal overdue against Utd, can see a big win at the Emirates this weekend.

Will not be surprised to see Liverpool get done tonight :( Sturridge is out and so is Balotelli. I hope Rodgers plays Borini and Lambert together up front. Would be nice to see a Liverpool team play with 2 strikers at the same time!

Good result for United. Don't see Liverpool loosing tonight. Draw at best for Palace.
Good luck to Lewis Hamilton tonight.

This s*** is not even funny anymore. I cannot understand why Rodgers will not play 2 strikers! Would be very surprised if Rodgers is still at the club come January.

Was nice to see Jedinak get a cracking goal though.
Good call mate, yeah didn't think Liverpool would loose. Cracking goal by Jedinak.
Yeah agree I'm a 4-4-2 fan myself. Most of the great teams over the years have played with 2 up front.

Liverlol spanked... dear me, I didn't think they would win but also didn't see them losing that badly. Coutinho and Sterling m.i.a Stevie miseed 4 set pieces congrats to big Mile and his free kick..wow!

I didn't see 3 - 1 coming that's for sure :(, ah well at least Lambert got his first goal for us and Mile scored a cracker for them.

Where to for us now? Klopp's name is being thrown around to replace Rodgers.

I like Rodgers, would hate to see him get the boot. Although, looking at him on the sidelines last night he didn't look like he was terribly interested. Perhaps, he has already been given his marching orders for the end of the season?

Although not strictly what it means, there is almost a "messiah complex" hanging over Liverpool I reckon.

I think this is why the finish to last season hurt so much. With the exception of Roy Hodgson, Managers since Kenny finished (his first stint) in 1991 - Souness, Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Dalglish again and now Rogers - have either won trophies or have been within touching distance of the League title very early in their reign.

The pressure to be "the LFC Manager" I reckon intensifies with every passing season since 1989-90 and the supporters thoughts that "He's the one!" when early success occurs isn't always the best for someone trying to build something long-lasting.

Yeah I agree, I still think they should stick with him. The league is all over the place this season and I think he should be given at least one more season to sort the squad out. Another saddening performance from Stevie last night as well. He needs to hang up the boots this season for himself and for the sake of the club to move forward. A true legend if the game who I think has reached the end of a fantastic career.

Yeah I agree, I still think they should stick with him. The league is all over the place this season and I think he should be given at least one more season to sort the squad out. Another saddening performance from Stevie last night as well. He needs to hang up the boots this season for himself and for the sake of the club to move forward. A true legend if the game who I think has reached the end of a fantastic career.

Playing him in cdm role doesn't help his cause, plus with talks over his contract and not being offered what he would like may have started to play on his mind. I believe he still has a bit in him, maybe coming off the bench.

Something is not right atm in Anfield, have the players lost desire to play for Rodgers? Has he been shown the door at the end of the season like your said?
I was reading something the other day saying Rodgers left his wife for someone younger, got a tan and his teeth done, hadn't helped his cause and was seen to care more about himself than the club.

Even Arsen's name is being thrown around (guess it's that time of the year) to be sacked so every coach will be in the firing line in some way.

Matt, we overachieved last year and with Suarez gone the teams looks lost. The new players need time to adjust and our defence seems worse than last year and Mignolet is a waste of space.

Stoked for RVP over the weekend. It was a great goal , hopefully more of the same overnight against Stoke. Agree with LVG's comments regarding the festive season. Too many games in a short space of time. I'm pretty sure in Germany they have a break? Is that right Sgt_pepper?

RVP double seals the deal Very Nice!! Well played Southampton but I think they are on the slide. They have some really tough games coming up and I think they won't deal with the pressure over the next few weeks. In any event another W for us. Great way to start the day! !

Can't wait, always my favorite matches of the season. Hopefully it's not too dirty and as always will be entertaining. I reckon a 3-3 draw although it will literally come down to the keepers. Would not want to be either de Gea or Mignolet on the day. Well chuffed to be 3rd for the minute, but it just proves how close things are this season. I don't think we'll be there come May 2015 but, for now it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom