2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

Yep, that Duncan Hamilton is a great author hey? Really enjoying it. Very interesting to read about Best's dislike of Bobby Charlton towards the end of his United career.

he wrote a good one on brian clough aswell...

Scoring at half time is a good read. I have a signed edition so I have only carefully read it once. Might grab an unsigned copy to read again.

'best: genius & legend' is a good DVD to watch. and 'fussball wie noch nie' (aka football like never before) is really interesting. just a bunch of cameras following only him during a match (vs boro i think?). kinda like 'kobe: doin work'...

Guys, I am actually half-way through the authorised biography of George Best at the moment - what an extremely confilcted, contradictory, troubled genius he was.
Sounds interesting , what is the name of the book ?
Off topic but one of the best books I've ever read is papillon by Henry Cherriere and dry guillotine by Rene Belbenoit.

Sounds interesting , what is the name of the book ?
Off topic but one of the best books I've ever read is papillon by Henry Cherriere and dry guillotine by Rene Belbenoit.

its called 'immortal'. by duncan hamilton.
papillon is very good...havent read it in a long while tho. never read dry guillotine. but as long as we're talking classics, my recommendation would be animal farm by orwell.
trainspotting by irvine welsh is pretty impressive aswell. amazing use of phonetics...

its called 'immortal'. by duncan hamilton.
papillon is very good...havent read it in a long while tho. never read dry guillotine. but as long as we're talking classics, my recommendation would be animal farm by orwell.
trainspotting by irvine welsh is pretty impressive aswell. amazing use of phonetics...
Animal farm , I have seen the movie. Very moving , will have to read the book some day.
Dry guillotine is similar to papillon but it actually happened before papillon. The book is harder to find and more expensive to buy.
Walden by Henry David thoreau is another good one.

Roy Keane's is worth a read too.

im want to get his new one. looks like some interesting quotes and admissions...his fight with schmeichel in particular.
'i am zlatan' is awesome...but then again, i am a zlatan fan. hes got a new doco coming out this year aswell.

back on topic; ozil out for three months. could be a blessing in disguise if you ask me...

Last edited:
im want to get his new one. looks like some interesting quotes and admissions...his fight with schmeichel in particular.
'i am zlatan' is awesome...but then again, i am a zlatan fan. hes got a new doco coming out this year aswell.

back on topic; ozil out for three months. could be a blessing in disguise if you ask me...
I haven't read his new one , just the older one. The new one I will eventually read.
I read sir Alex's old book too. Haven't read his new one yet. I want to get scholesy's aswell.

Bad news for Arsenal fans , never good when one of your star players is injured.
Gossip is Arsenal want Cavani. He would guarantee a top 4 finish for years to come I would of thought.

I haven't read his new one , just the older one. The new one I will eventually read.
I read sir Alex's old book too. Haven't read his new one yet. I want to get scholesy's aswell.

Bad news for Arsenal fans , never good when one of your star players is injured.
Gossip is Arsenal want Cavani. He would guarantee a top 4 finish for years to come I would of thought.

if thats all he offers then they should give him a miss. arsenal are perennial top 4 finishers. wenger has never finished lower...

True, still I think he's worth it.

yeah, hes worth bringing in. but more so to push for a title...eventually. but i read that its cabaye theyre looking at from PSG?
either way, it shouldnt be at the top of wengers list. a DM and more cover at the back is still needed. arteta is too old (he was to old when he got there to be honest) and diaby just cant hack it. when fit, hes the best DM in england (in my opinion), but his body obviously cant handle the rigours of being a pro athlete.
off topic: anyone know whats happened to rishgoon? hope hes alright...

Cabaye will stay at PSG as they recently purchased him, no reason why they would sell soon. The best defensive mid in the epl is Jordan Henderson.
If your reading this Rishgoon , say hello so Sgt_Pepper can rest easy.

All good @sgt_pepper, been away for a bit and not collecting as much. Caught a handful of Arsenal games a few weeks back, for three draws. Loving a draw (and an injury) this season the Arsenal.

wasnt quite as worried as shauno made out. just was typing something about arsenal and realised we hadnt heard from you in a bit...
same old arsenal...

So sick of the way Liverpool are playing! Lovren is a waste of money, Skrtel needs to go and Mignolet has to be the worst starting GK in the league.
What do you reckon is the missing piece this season mate? Is it as straightforward as the loss of the Suarez "fear factor"? Last season his performance (and admittedly the form of Sturridge and Sterling) covered the defensive frailties for a lot of the season. A bit like "If you score 2, we'll score 3" sort of thing?

Back
Top Bottom