Your worst cricket injuries

kingjack

Dane Swan super collector.
Real Name
Jack
Hey guys thought it would be a cool idea to share our worst cricketing injuries ( Yes I play cricket)

This is myne

When I was 6 and 1st started playing cricket there was no other option for me but to play u12's so I was playing against kids twice my age!! And to be honest I was sh!ting myself. I went out to bat for the very 1st time with no thigh pad:yellow: I'd never heard of a thigh pad being six and all. So i face my first ball the kid probably bowled around 50 kmph and i closed my eye's and took a masisve swing and played the only shot I knew the hook shot. I make a run then the next over they bring on thier best bowler who probably bowled like 60 kmph and I went for another massive hook shot and BOOM straight into my thigh I crying like a little girl and it hurt like hell! Damn bruise took like 3 weeks to heel!

Another good one was when I was 10 I went for a hook shot and the ball cracked me straight in the elbow ( Im a left handed batsmen but a right handed bowler) cracked my elbow and I was taken straight to hospital I've never been able to bend my elbow completley straight again which has slighty affected my bowling.

I dont get to many bruises these days as I mainly hand them out:p The worst I have handed out that I know of ( Is a broken wrist, broken two, and some kid had bruised ribs)

Feel free to share your stories.

I don't play cricket as I play baseball but when I was in the nets facing my friend who is hell good at cricket and probably bowls 60kph got me straight in the shin, it hurt like hell! No pads as you can guess

This doesn't really count but last year in baseball I got a baseball right in the face and still got a mark from it :yellow:

What hurt more? Probably the baseball as it was only a few centimetres away from my temple :eek:

A couple of seasons ago a, I was bowling and a kid in my team threw it in and it bounced off the edge of the pitch and hit me in the eye! Gave me a shiner kinda like Steven Baker. :p

And since last year I've had shoulder problems from bowling and now I can't bowl with a straight arm. :p

Dislocated kneecap................my knee gave out playing a shot when batting.......I was so embarrassed that I had to call for a runner!

Cheers
Matt

Dislocated kneecap................my knee gave out playing a shot when batting.......I was so embarrassed that I had to call for a runner!

Cheers
Matt

I had a dislocated knee cap for 6 weeks without even knowing about it...Before one day we decieded to get a doc to check it out. They would have to be one of the most underated injuries believe me guys they hurt like hell you cant walk!

Pssh. I've dislocated my right knee and had a knee reco. on my left. Wimps. :p

2 broken fingers and two broken noses from keeping and a full knee reco when my spikes stuck in the ground when fielding. That was 13 years ago and still playing!

Once i was opening the batting before i thought helmets were a good idea (I always wear one) and i swerved out of the way of a bouncer that followed me and i was cut by the seam as i passed my nose! there was no impact, i was opened up and bled all over the pitch! it just wouldn't stop.

I got a compound fracture to my left forearm going for a caught bowled chance, I didn't take the catch but I rebounded off me and was caught by mid off, I have a nice big scar after I had an operation to fix it. Also in my debut in 1st grade a bouncer made it's way through my grill and fractured my nose and cheekbone.

i've broke and fractured the same finger 3 times and it looks pretty weird now:p

I've coped some pretty fast ones in the ribs and received a fair share of bruising in the time i've played.

Also last year got a cricket ball in the eye socket after an incident on a crazy catch at training.

And you might hear of more injuries tomorrow, i'm fielding at short leg for reps in the morning!!:)

Pssh. I've dislocated my right knee and had a knee reco. on my left. Wimps. :p

Only one knee reco........ppppphhhh ......I'm lucky enough to have 3 Titanium screws in my right knee....I keep watching the prices of titanium hoping to one day be rich.

Other injuries include putting the bone through my thumb fielding at first slip. A guy who played shield for NSW (opening bowler) was bowling on a flat and low Hurstville Oval and I was standing up equal with the keeper when he bowled a 3 foot no ball, the batsmen slashed at it and well.......Oh I did catch it. 12 stitches later.

Another time I was fielding at short leg and took a full blooded pull shot in the eye...out cold, woke up in the sheds. Batted that aftenoon at #11 to draw the game.

Ruptured kidneys, including a blood clot in my testies....oh the pain...that was a footy one though.

Ross

Only one knee reco........ppppphhhh ......I'm lucky enough to have 3 Titanium screws in my right knee....I keep watching the prices of titanium hoping to one day be rich.

Other injuries include putting the bone through my thumb fielding at first slip. A guy who played shield for NSW (opening bowler) was bowling on a flat and low Hurstville Oval and I was standing up equal with the keeper when he bowled a 3 foot no ball, the batsmen slashed at it and well.......Oh I did catch it. 12 stitches later.

Another time I was fielding at short leg and took a full blooded pull shot in the eye...out cold, woke up in the sheds. Batted that aftenoon at #11 to draw the game.

Ruptured kidneys, including a blood clot in my testies....oh the pain...that was a footy one though.

Ross

Damn thats gotta hurt

Some good ones there Hobo!!

Mine pretty simple - the dreaded fast bowlers stress fracture. Did it when I was 16, wasn't diagnosed till I was 18 or 19 - they thought it was a muscle problem so I kept bowling with a cracked vertebrae for 2 years! Funnily enough I was never as quick after that! Doctor said I'd never bowl again - ended up bowling for 20 years!!!

This one was when I played Rugby League. I was playing club footy under 12's last year & I ran at the other teams tryline, but their forward tackled me. Anyway, I wrestle & get both arms free I went towards the ground & grounded the ball. TRY! Only then to have their forward fall on his ass right on top of my left arm. I broke my arm & my left arm even made the nurses & doctors sick. I ended up vomiting 7 times. I couldn't play agin for 16 weeks.

This one was when I played Rugby League. I was playing club footy under 12's last year & I ran at the other teams tryline, but their forward tackled me. Anyway, I wrestle & get both arms free I went towards the ground & grounded the ball. TRY! Only then to have their forward fall on his ass right on top of my left arm. I broke my arm & my left arm even made the nurses & doctors sick. I ended up vomiting 7 times. I couldn't play agin for 16 weeks.

try to keep it to cricket buddy, but still a pretty bad injury!

And no injuries to report today as well batted!

does sun burn count ? :p I got burned so badly yesterday I can barely move!

Never played Grade or Club Cricket of any description (owing to an alarming lack of talent, patience and courage) :) BUT......I once took a full blooded drive off a tennis ball (by a ten year old!) right in the old fella, and piddled blood for three days or so. By christ it hurt!

senior debut at 16 was opening the batting against carl bulfun (former black cap who bowled 140+) in the 1st over he struck me in shin going down leg (before i wore towels inside my pads!) nd i couldnt believe how much it hurt, so i walked it off. then 3rd over hes hit me with a bouncer thats thats struck me on the elbow, clean break! missed entire sesson nd have never been able 2 bend left elbow the same ever since. gutted!:(

Back
Top Bottom