Your worst cricket injuries

I haven't played for some time now due to stress fractures in my back, but when i was playing (surrounded by a butt load of talent - Forrest and O'keefe NSW and Hastings VIC) i was hit at training by a fella called kym daley (140km+).. last time i looked he was playing 1st grade for Northern Districts in the sydney grade comp... but anyway i didnt think much of it at the time as it was a yorker that hit my toe.. Hurt like buggery, but it wasnt untill i got home and took the shoe off that i realised i had a big toe that was like mush.. Needless to say, it doesnt bend at all anymore. I wish i wasnt fat and lazy sometimes and kept playing

I was playing indoor cricket a few years ago ... at our local indoor place we have big huge lights, I was fielding and it got hit up, hit the top of the net, came down quickly and right in line with the light, I didn't see a thing until it was about 5 cms from my eye.

So my retina was ripped away from my eye partially, I couldn't see out of that eye for a month, I wasn't allowed to go to work or do anything that might make raise a sweat and make my blood pump faster, as it may restart my eye bleeding again ... was in and out of hospital almost every day for check-ups ... it was pretty lame! But it's all better now, I can see almost as well as before (I just get random white flashes when it's dark) and I have to go to an optometrist every year to get my eye pressure checked to ensure I don't get glaucoma. Still playing indoor and outdoor, so I was pretty lucky.

Back
Top Bottom