Your First Bat

WOAH! Not gonna be able to recover after that mate. That was a classic! We should make a thread of the greatest OCT jokes.

Suppose your age and weight restrict you to being an umpire ?

A peter parker, david shepard aye?

WOAH! Not gonna be able to recover after that mate. That was a classic! We should make a thread of the greatest OCT jokes.

Suppose your age and weight restrict you to being an umpire ?

A peter parker, david shepard aye?

Actually I am fit as a fiddle and a pretty heathy weight too, I umpire because I love the game and 2 knee reconstructions from playing Aussie Rules & Basketball have caused me to retire or face the possibility of another knee recon.

Anyways....is it recess or something, shouldn't you be back the classroom now :lol:

My first bat I owned was Duncan Fearnley handed down to by my cousin. I still had it in my kit bag went I started playing grade and sold it a couple of seasons in for $50 to a good mate, who claims it still get a knock every now and then in park cricket (must be 40+ years old)

I know this is a first bat thread but I think a few of us probably old enough to put up a couple more dinosaurs. Thie DF was followed by a polycovered GM that my dad bought me...I cried I really wanted an oil bat.

......and the list goes on and on CROWN / Symonds Tusker / GN Scoop / GN Butterfly Scoop etc etc

Oh what memories.

Cheers
Ross

Not strictly first bat Sorry Tim! but i though you guys might find this interesting! These are the bats i brought home from England Last year! Oh and My 'Cricket Bag'

CIMG3206.jpg

Coffin.jpg

Sweet thread:

My first was this little beauty: Kookaburra Magic

Got it about 7 years ago when I was 5. I hit a huge 6 with it in my first game:D

Today i have a Ballistic 5000:thumbsup:

Bought 2 bats at the same time so my first bats were GM Shane Warne and Gray Nicolls Twin Scoop. Third and favorite County Chunky (In other words tree trunk). :)

nice bats guys. My mate had 3 bats last season- Ballistic 3000, Kahuna Ricky Ponting and the Pink signed by gilly Ballistic 6000. The 3000 snapped

my first bat was a puma adam gilchrist used for 5 years then it got to small and got a gn viper the edges are like 10cm thick crap middle though

my Ice is nice but when our coaches tell us that some people need lighter bats everyone looks at me, i try to explain its not, its light weight but the edges are huge thats why everyone thinks its heavy

i hav had quite alot of bats.
i remember i have had a kooraburra ice cool
a gray nicols strike viper
this really small puma one
recently i have had
a puma iridium
a gray nicols nitro
and my pride and joy at the momment a gray nicols predator max 750

Back
Top Bottom