Tim
eBay User
tim410au (visit my homepage link)
Thought this could be funny.

Bat: County Avenger
Wood: Kashmir
Shop: KMart
Pirce: $35
Info: An edge with a thinkness off about 1cm, no bow, very flat roof and had that crappy mesh covering on the face.

Good memories however, last day me and my brother used it we got some bog hits going at the local nets but big bro tried one too many. Handle Snapped out :(.

Heres a timeline of the bats i have owned since i started in 2003

2003: Gray Nicolls GNX Warrior.

Worked the treat. Could'nt really bat for hell then anyway!

Kookaburra, Kahuna Magic
Got it signed by Ricky Ponting at the WACA. Hit my first six with it.

Kookaburra, Kahuna Mayhem
Wood: English Willow
got alot of runs with this one!

Current
Kookaburra, ICE Mike Hussey
Wood: English Willow
Very sweet middle. The best bat by far that i've owned

my first bat was a kashmir kooka ridgeback. Was my pride and joy till i got an harrow english willow bubble plus. Currently use a GN premium millenium which i've had for afew years but is a great bat

First one was a Symonds, followed by a Kooka Ridgeback and then a Gunn and Moore Autograph Original.

My last bat was a Gunn and Moore Purist.

Cheers
Matt

My favourite bat is my custom made fisher scored 124* last summer with it :p, but my first bat was a Gray Nicholls scoop about 14th hand and weighed a ton at age 3 :p

Mine was a symonds tusker, i now have a gray nich - i call it excalibur. I am/was an opening bowler but i did get 61 not out on the same day Glen Mcgrath got his 1st 50 :thumbsup:

Not quite my first bat (third from memory - the first two were Gray-Nicolls also though), but this thread would not be complete without one of these - I reckon almost every second kid in the 80s had one! :thumbsup:

Scoop 1.jpg

Scoop 2.jpg

Not quite my first bat (third from memory - the first two were Gray-Nicolls also though), but this thread would not be complete without one of these - I reckon almost every second kid in the 80s had one! :thumbsup:

Oh thats it:mad:, i am going to take a pic of mine now as well :woot::woot:

And if they didn't have one they (like me!!) wanted one....or a twin scoop or a powerspot!!:thumbsup:

I should also add that my first bat was an SS Jumbo (Clive Lloyd and Ian Botham style from memory)....purchased from K-mart for about $45. It was a piece of crap it pretty much disintergrated....let's just say you get what you pay for!!

Second bat was a Slazenger Master Blaster.....again fairly cheap but it lasted a fair while. (Not that I'm any sort of batsman to be wearing out bats!!)

The current one (a Grey Nicholls something or other...I seriously couldn't tell you!!) is about 9 or 10 years old and is just OK....might be time for a new one!!

I cant remember exactly what my 1st bat was... The first one ever given to me, that I could call my own, was a gray nich in the early 90s proudly handed down to me by my uncle (I know chappell and the early 90s dont go hand in hand so yes it was probably old, but it was mine!). I came from a large family and being the youngest boy I was always on the end of "hand me downs"

Anyway, if someone could help me out here it would be appreciated. It was a Gray Nich chappell but it wasn't a scoop, and it was an absolute meat axe of a bat. Was as heavy as a bag of cement but just getting a nick on a ball would see the leather fly to the boundary...

God I wish I still had it...

I always wanted a Grey Nicholls scoop, I actually had a Symonds bat, had a picture of a Rhino on it, when you hit the ball it stayed hit, think its still at dads house somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom