Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper League Trash Talk thread!

Re: Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper Leagues? PM interest in playing!

I think a Keeper league should have a salary cap but because we don't have 30 teams, we should have our own salary cap system in place,

well most of us will have at least 4 all star talented players, im not sure what a average salary cap is in the NBA but if its around 60 million, we just double it and add a little to make it no more than 130 million cap but it really up to you guys,

yes someone could pick up all the young guys and not be so competitive now but like 3 years down the track they would be and if someone does drop out, the new person who comes on board will have the chance to keep that team and those players if he wishes but there so much to think about but we can sort it out as the season unflolds.

Salary cap can't be done. To do that, we'd have to somehow give every player a value, or find their actual contract value or something, which I think is simply putting too much into it.

And Steve, keepers shall be re-drafted to your team in the same round you originally drafted them in, and not shuffled forward. Yes it makes trading picks more difficult, but who is going to keep say...Louis Williams, a guys expected to be picked in the last round or 2nd last, even though he has potential, if they then have to re-draft him in the first 5 rounds or higher? If you keep your 3rd round draft choice from the previous year, you don't have the 3rd round pick to trade.

And contracts, yeah it could suck to have to let go of your stars, but then you have a chance to re-draft them, or you could trade them for a similar player and bam, you have nearly the same guy or same calibre player with a fresh 3 year contract. It simply keeps interest in the league and shuffles players.

Question: This Friday Midnight draft time is that our Friday Midnight or US Friday Midnight? We are going to be drafting at midnight? Not exactly sure my softball coach would be stoked with me getting a bad nights sleep lol

All sounds fair enough to me. I'll go along with whatever you see fit commish :)

I'll have to find some ways to test the rules though (as is my irritating way), how about I trade my keeper away and trade him back the following season :)

All sounds fair enough to me. I'll go along with whatever you see fit commish :)

I'll have to find some ways to test the rules though (as is my irritating way), how about I trade my keeper away and trade him back the following season :)

Haha you're allowed to do that I guess, if you can find someone, without some form of snide deal, that will do that. I'm pretty sure pre-arranging with someone else that you swap stars, then swap back is against moral rules and probably against sportsmanship though. But I spose if you want to play it that way...

Hmmm I think a simple, you can't accept a player back from another team you traded him to for 12 months should minimise that occurance. Thanks for bringing the loophole to my attention! :thumbsup:

Digeze you forgot me, Im from the NT, The draft is going to be 10:30 pm for me.

I have posted some rules and explanations in the Commissioners note for you all to see/read/understand and take on board. These are designed primarily to keep interest in coming back each year high. Please observe them, particularly the Keeper player rules, so that you can take this into account on draft night etc.

Please also observe the League Settings, stat categories and such so you won't have any suprises.

See you on draft night!

Ben

No chance of changing the draft to next Friday week? :)worthy:)

No chance of changing the draft to next Friday week? :)worthy:)

I wish.....i'm gonna straggle to make it this Friday too :(

The 24th? Who else wants this??? Or perhaps at any time during next week?

Happy to change it if it'll suit people better. We do need our managers there on draft night!

How about Sunday morning even? Though it's early, 9am EST?

For me, anytime from Monday onwards would be great.

I get back from the North Coast on Sunday night and am available any day/night after that.

Aww cmon I've canned a pissup with the fellas to do Friday, prefer to leave it as is. No chance for weekends, unless another midnight session.

Better get those predraft rankings right fellas!!!

Hmmm well it seems no one else has an opinion...

I don;t think I can do the friday after this... What's in the way Dream?

Well I was thinking it was going to be this Friday, then I saw 4 or 5 blogs saying otherwise, when I just signed in, Im good for Friday but If all the managers are not there why don't we just do it on Sunday night 9pm EST? its nice and quiet then but if every1 thinks Friday a go still, let us know, I'll pencil any day in what ever.

I have pushed the draft date back a week til next friday, but we can do it anytime during the week next week at Midnight EST. Let me know either here or via e-mail what your availabilty is like all week, but Friday is the prefered time for people it seems.

I was able to change my arrangements if we have to run this friday, (sorry for the stuff around) so I good for this Friday or next weeks when ever

Back
Top Bottom