Who's going to win the Super Bowl

Who's going to win the Super Bowl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some great points mate, especially the time of possession angle because as we have seen, starve Manning of the ball and it becomes harder for him to win... Taking a different angle however, I personally think Seattle's DLine is the key... If they get pressure on Manning and dont give him time in the pocket then it will go a long way to Seattle winning... If The Bronco's Oline keeps Manning upright and gives him time in the pocket it wont matter who is in the defensive secondary..... "Legion of Juice" of not.... Manning will put up points and I think 27+ points should win this game, which manning can do against anyone given time to throw.

Denver's Dfense is good enough to make key plays when they count and even if Lynch has a good game I think there are enough playmakers on that D to be able to hold their own as long as the offense is playing well. Dont be suprised if Denver D sells out to the run and makes WIlson throw it, as long as they set the edge and dont let him tuck it and run.

Everyone's going on about Seattles secondary, but they are going up against ELITE WR's.... Denvers secondary is not too bad either with DRC and Chris Harris (Also Champ cannot be written off) and they have a much easier match-up with the Seahawks receivers.... You'd back Denvers secondary to at least break even 1-on-1 with the Hawks receivers which should allow them to stuff the box and make it harder for Lynch and Co to move the chains rushing...

Great points. I think it is going to be a great game and can't wait (took the day off work special!)

So how did everyone's pro Broncos tips work out for them :)

You should have realised by now that whoever I pick will loose! A mate of mine asked who I was picking and when I told him Broncos he put $100 on Seahawks to win 13+. I thought he was nuts.... he is now $500 richer!

Yeah that's right he doesn't play in their secondary does he? The fact of the matter is I don't see them (Sherman, browner, Thomas, chancellor etc.) being able to shut down (Thomas, Decker, Welker, Holliday etc.) but you stick to the name calling cause that's working for you.

The Seattle D shut down the Denver wide receivers big time!! Haha!

You should have realised by now that whoever I pick will loose! A mate of mine asked who I was picking and when I told him Broncos he put $100 on Seahawks to win 13+. I thought he was nuts.... he is now $500 richer!

Man i would have loved to have some money on a safety being the first points scored. I'd need the extra cash now that a bunch of bandwagoners are going to drive Seahawks card prices trough the roof

As pathetic as the Bronco's (and Manning) were, I'm not taking anything away from Seattle.... I guess I know what a historical defense like the 85 Bears and The old Steeler teams looked like.... I remember thinking the Cliff Avril pick up was a good one in preseason and I turned out to be a massive one... I dare say Mannings legacy has taken a hit... 43-8 :eek:

I said to my mate after the botched snap on the first play when Manning was walking off that he looked like they had lost the game and it was only 2-0 a minute in... You'd want your qb still upbeat and picking up those around him, not trudging off like a sook....

Wonder if Manning will be back next year?

I must say, I am becoming a big Russell Wilson fan, guy is pure class on and off the field.... Still not a Seahawk fan though :p but I'm glad one of the regs got to see their team win the superbowl (still waiting for mine).... Enjoy it Jaames :thumbsup:

1623699_3854140210045_784379632_n.jpg

Last edited:
Peyton manning got shut down more like it, Thomas now holds the record for most receptions in a Super Bowl.

Seahawks let him have a lot of those receptions, Seahawks game plan was to let Manning throw those little dink passes into the centre so people like Kam Chancellor could smash them like he did to Thomas.

As pathetic as the Bronco's (and Manning) were, I'm not taking anything away from Seattle.... I guess I know what a historical defense like the 85 Bears and The old Steeler teams looked like.... I remember thinking the Cliff Avril pick up was a good one in preseason and I turned out to be a massive one... I dare say Mannings legacy has taken a hit... 43-8 :eek:

I said to my mate after the botched snap on the first play when Manning was walking off that he looked like they had lost the game and it was only 2-0 a minute in... You'd want your qb still upbeat and picking up those around him, not trudging off like a sook....

Wonder if Manning will be back next year?

I must say, I am becoming a big Russell Wilson fan, guy is pure class on and off the field.... Still not a Seahawk fan though :p but I'm glad one of the regs got to see their team win the superbowl (still waiting for mine).... Enjoy it Jaames :thumbsup:

Manning said today that he was gonna come back next season. I think they'd be better off bring Tebow back :D

Man words can't describe how good the feeling is of watching your team win the Bowl, especially when its the first one in team history.

#GoHawks

Seahawks let him have a lot of those receptions, Seahawks game plan was to let Manning throw those little dink passes into the centre so people like Kam Chancellor could smash them like he did to Thomas.

Manning said today that he was gonna come back next season. I think they'd be better off bring Tebow back :D

Man words can't describe how good the feeling is of watching your team win the Bowl, especially when its the first one in team history.

#GoHawks

Agreed I also think because of it the play calling became very passive, way to many screens that gained nothing. They definitely should of ran it more, the best offence in the league tried nothing big. I say congrats to the Seahawks I love seeing unexpected teams win keeps the seasons interesting. The next step is for the Seahawks to keep these guys together as long as they can. I had the same feeling you would of had yesterday last year when the Ravens won, been a fan since I started high school in 03 so I missed the 2000 SB and I can remember being on cloud nine for a week.

The scary thing is, the Seahawks are going to be able to remain competitive for another couple years if only because they have so little cap money committed to Wilson who still has 2 years left on his 4-year $3 mil contract and from my understanding under the new CBA agreement a couple years back is not allowed to re-negotiate a rookie contract. Correct me if I am wrong anyone! Also Sherman will be in the last year of his rookie Contract this upcoming season too (he earned less this past season than Revis earns each week... :eek:)

Agreed I also think because of it the play calling became very passive, way to many screens that gained nothing. They definitely should of ran it more, the best offence in the league tried nothing big. I say congrats to the Seahawks I love seeing unexpected teams win keeps the seasons interesting. The next step is for the Seahawks to keep these guys together as long as they can. I had the same feeling you would of had yesterday last year when the Ravens won, been a fan since I started high school in 03 so I missed the 2000 SB and I can remember being on cloud nine for a week.

Bang on. I was wondering what the hell the Broncos offense was doing most the game. 2nd & 22 I think it was and then go for a run up the middle (one o their longest of the game fortunately at 7-yards I think it was). And so many third and long situation Manning would look to do a little shovel pass to gain 2-yards. I'm pretty sure Manning is generally in charge with the play calls too?

Not sure if this has been spoken about but Aussie Jesse Williams will receive a Super Bowl ring, making him the first Aussie to win one.

Last edited:
Bang on. I was wondering what the hell the Broncos offense was doing most the game. 2nd & 22 I think it was and then go for a run up the middle (one o their longest of the game fortunately at 7-yards I think it was). And so many third and long situation Manning would look to do a little shovel pass to gain 2-yards. I'm pretty sure Manning is generally in charge with the play calls too?

Watch the first play again.... Manning lost it between the ears walking off the ground.... A selfish sook, who has never been a team player... All about him... Playoffs is a team game.... which is why Manning has a losing record in playoffs

Yeah he is meant to be, generally he does a lot more audibles though and that rarely happened and I didn't see any no huddle offense, I think the crowd noise stopped alot of that. You were also correct about Sherman being on his rookie contract, a lot of their defence is still on rookie contracts like Wright, Wagner, Chancellor and also browner I believe .

Yeah he is meant to be, generally he does a lot more audibles though and that rarely happened and I didn't see any no huddle offense, I think the crowd noise stopped alot of that. You were also correct about Sherman being on his rookie contract, a lot of their defence is still on rookie contracts like Wright, Wagner, Chancellor and also browner I believe .

Nah Browner started in the NFL in 2005. He is on low $$ though. I'd be surprised if he is still with the hawks next season.

Great win neverless I always had that thought that Seahawks could shut them down but I didn't expect that big of a scoreline.

Been a big fan of Wilson and knew I should have kept that Strata Russell Wilson RC clear cut patch/auto numbered to 5 that I busted last year :(

Back
Top Bottom