Who's going to win the Super Bowl

Who's going to win the Super Bowl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best offense vs best defense.

It is going to be a great game and is too close for me to pick. As a Raider fan I find it hard to support the Broncos, but at the same time Manning is too hard to hate and if they were to win, hopefully he would retire and make the AFC West more fair game again! On the other hand I love watching Marshawn Lynch play and he is a Raider fan too, not to mention the Seahawks were once Division rivals too long that long ago.

Sherman, Earl Thomas and Kim Chancellor may be able to contain and limit three of Manning's targets (I think D. Thomas, J. Thomas and either Welker / Decker), I don't think anyone else in the secondary is going to be able to eliminate the last and keep Moreno in check in both the rushing and passing game also. In the end I think the experience and class of Manning will be too much.

Broncos 27-21

The whole secondary of Seattle is good, not just Sherman...

Sherman @ CB, and Earl Thomas & Chancellor @ S are all very good. Behind those 3, the rest of the CB core is decent but nothing great. The 3 may be able to shut down 3 of the Broncos receivers fine, but when they have four top quality receivers (J Thomas @ TE and D Thomas, Welker and Decker @ WR) they will struggle to contain them all. Not to mention Moreno has proved to be a good receiver out of the backfield. Throw in the fifth and sixth receiver options for the Broncos in Caldwell @ WR and Tamme @ TE and these guys are definitely better than the fifth and sixth DB's the Seahawks have.

It will be a tough game, but Manning will find a way to still put up some yards. I think the difference in the game will be who wins the battle between the Seahawks Offense and the Broncos Defense. If Seahawks win I can see it being behind the Lynch pounding the ball and limiting the amount of time Manning and the Broncos are given.

I wasn't talking about Sherman, I was talking about their secondary. Moron.

Yeah that's right he doesn't play in their secondary does he? The fact of the matter is I don't see them (Sherman, browner, Thomas, chancellor etc.) being able to shut down (Thomas, Decker, Welker, Holliday etc.) but you stick to the name calling cause that's working for you.

Sherman @ CB, and Earl Thomas & Chancellor @ S are all very good. Behind those 3, the rest of the CB core is decent but nothing great. The 3 may be able to shut down 3 of the Broncos receivers fine, but when they have four top quality receivers (J Thomas @ TE and D Thomas, Welker and Decker @ WR) they will struggle to contain them all. Not to mention Moreno has proved to be a good receiver out of the backfield. Throw in the fifth and sixth receiver options for the Broncos in Caldwell @ WR and Tamme @ TE and these guys are definitely better than the fifth and sixth DB's the Seahawks have.

It will be a tough game, but Manning will find a way to still put up some yards. I think the difference in the game will be who wins the battle between the Seahawks Offense and the Broncos Defense. If Seahawks win I can see it being behind the Lynch pounding the ball and limiting the amount of time Manning and the Broncos are given.

Some great points mate, especially the time of possession angle because as we have seen, starve Manning of the ball and it becomes harder for him to win... Taking a different angle however, I personally think Seattle's DLine is the key... If they get pressure on Manning and dont give him time in the pocket then it will go a long way to Seattle winning... If The Bronco's Oline keeps Manning upright and gives him time in the pocket it wont matter who is in the defensive secondary..... "Legion of Juice" of not.... Manning will put up points and I think 27+ points should win this game, which manning can do against anyone given time to throw.

Denver's Dfense is good enough to make key plays when they count and even if Lynch has a good game I think there are enough playmakers on that D to be able to hold their own as long as the offense is playing well. Dont be suprised if Denver D sells out to the run and makes WIlson throw it, as long as they set the edge and dont let him tuck it and run.

Everyone's going on about Seattles secondary, but they are going up against ELITE WR's.... Denvers secondary is not too bad either with DRC and Chris Harris (Also Champ cannot be written off) and they have a much easier match-up with the Seahawks receivers.... You'd back Denvers secondary to at least break even 1-on-1 with the Hawks receivers which should allow them to stuff the box and make it harder for Lynch and Co to move the chains rushing...

Back
Top Bottom