Who needs the no.1 draft pick the most???

Ha ha, the Bees definitely have not gone wrong with Davis, I think that guy is gonna be a gun, if not next year then the year after. He's great! And I never make calls about rookies.

Defiantly, in my opinion the #1 picks in the past 5 seasons have been great. D-Rose (Rookie of the year and MVP), then Blake Griffin if wasn't injured would have won against the rookie campaign of Tyreke Evans (lol .. how this guy won rookie of the year I will never know ...), John Wall who was defiantly next in line for rookie of the year if Griffin wasn't injured the season prior and Irving and Davis who also rank #1 and #2 in their drafts. I'm not saying winning rookie of the year means you have an all-star career in the bag but lets face it, Damon Stoudemire ain't making the hall of fame.

picard-facepalm.jpg

My god ... reading what I just said makes me sound like an idiot ^ I'm just saying that the past few #1 picks have been great but don't mean they'll have the career they hope for. Tyreke Evans can continue to 360 into the lane and shoot half court shots for the win but don't expect him to have the same season as his first.

Defiantly, in my opinion the #1 picks in the past 5 seasons have been great. D-Rose (Rookie of the year and MVP), then Blake Griffin if wasn't injured would have won against the rookie campaign of Tyreke Evans (lol .. how this guy won rookie of the year I will never know ...), John Wall who was defiantly next in line for rookie of the year if Griffin wasn't injured the season prior and Irving and Davis who also rank #1 and #2 in their drafts. I'm not saying winning rookie of the year means you have an all-star career in the bag but lets face it, Damon Stoudemire ain't making the hall of fame.

Yeah teams have made some solid no.1 picks, which can come with alot of pressure.

T. Evans averaged 20/5/5 I'm pretty sure and was the first rookie to do that since Lebron so he had it on lock there. Turns out there just wasn't many other guys in the team grabbing boards and dishing dimes, ha ha, I do actually like Tyreke, surely he's on the block???

Yeah teams have made some solid no.1 picks, which can come with alot of pressure.

T. Evans averaged 20/5/5 I'm pretty sure and was the first rookie to do that since Lebron so he had it on lock there. Turns out there just wasn't many other guys in the team grabbing boards and dishing dimes, ha ha, I do actually like Tyreke, surely he's on the block???

I used to love Tyreke when he was back at Memphis and actually thought he'd have a killer NBA career but ever since 2011 I can't stand to see him with the ball in his hands. And I feel so uncomfortable when Keith Smart (if he's the coach lol) plays him in SF. I don't watch much Kings ball so correct me if I'm wrong but when I do I notice they play him in that spot a lot.

I used to love Tyreke when he was back at Memphis and actually thought he'd have a killer NBA career but ever since 2011 I can't stand to see him with the ball in his hands. And I feel so uncomfortable when Keith Smart (if he's the coach lol) plays him in SF. I don't watch much Kings ball so correct me if I'm wrong but when I do I notice they play him in that spot a lot.

Yeah dumb move having him at the 3.

Hope he goes somewhere decent after the Kings.

A bit off topic but whenever I hear of Tyreke Evans now, I always think of this...

I don't think it matters who gets the #1 pick.

I don't there is anyone in this draft that will make too much difference to any team.

A bit off topic but whenever I hear of Tyreke Evans now, I always think of this...

My point proven, Evans just trying to get those SPG and PPG up to prove haters like me wrong haha!

P.S. so they're not calling foot violations on Wade anymore? :whistle:

Cavs please ;)

We could use the help to build our dynasty :p

I reckon MKG was the pick the bobcats got right, because he has improve them in a few ways and he always plays hard every single play. Sure his numbers don't look pretty but he doesn't play as much as you would expect for a 2nd Pick.

I should add other players the Bobcats have passed up on.

2004 drafted Okafor No.2 missed out on L. Deng, Iguodala and Josh Smith

2005 drafted Felton no.5 missed out on Bynum, Granger, D. Lee

2006 drafted Morrison no.3 missed out on B. Roy, R. Gay, Redick, Rondo, Lowry, Millsap

2007 drafted Brandon Wright no.8 missed out on J. Noah, Splitter, M. Gasol

2008 drafted D.J. Augustin no. 9 missed out on B. Lopez, R. Hibbert, Ibaka, Batum, G. Hill, Pekovic, D. Jordan, Dragic

2009 drafted G. henderson no.12 missed out on J. Holiday, T. Lawson

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and you could do this for alot of teams consistently in the lottery but the Bobcats need to pick the best player in the draft next year.

Okafor was ROY, not exactly a bad draftee. Look at his numbers while playing for the Bobcats. Averaged a minimum of 13.2ppg, 10rpg and 1.7bpg. Since getting traded from there they gradually got lower as the minutes were lowered, thus stats lowered. Arguably Iggy was the 2nd best player out of the draft, but Okafor is 3rd I'd still estimate.

As for the other years, yeah there was some shockers...

Okafor was ROY, not exactly a bad draftee. Look at his numbers while playing for the Bobcats. Averaged a minimum of 13.2ppg, 10rpg and 1.7bpg. Since getting traded from there they gradually got lower as the minutes were lowered, thus stats lowered. Arguably Iggy was the 2nd best player out of the draft, but Okafor is 3rd I'd still estimate.

As for the other years, yeah there was some shockers...

I'd have to put Josh Smith at 2nd or 3rd.Then Okafor.

Like it's been stated, don't think you could blame the Bobcats, Okafor was a solid pick, had a good College career and won ROY.

But he has never really made a team better. I think he's only had a winning season when paired with Chris Paul.

I think Smith and Iggy make teams better.

I still think as good as MKG will be. They missed out on Lillard.

Some people seem to be thinking, "oh they haven't done that bad". Yes they have. The Bobcats are getting top 10 picks every year and have not picked the best guy or even 2nd best guy once.

Next year (and the year after I'm sure) Jordan needs to nail it.

haha i know i know! I heard!

Flop, touched him yes, enough to ground him ? No way, flop !

This years draft, should go to Miami, they need some extra punch off the bench and defensive hustle.

Flop, touched him yes, enough to ground him ? No way, flop !

This years draft, should go to Miami, they need some extra punch off the bench and defensive hustle.

Miami!!!?? They finished with the best record this season! I'm surprised they haven't renamed them from 'Miami Heat' to 'Eastern All Star Team'. Sure they have possibly the worst in depth roster in the league but you can't expect much when you have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the roster. I'd give them pick 1, Round 2.

Miami!!!?? They finished with the best record this season! I'm surprised they haven't renamed them from 'Miami Heat' to 'Eastern All Star Team'. Sure they have possibly the worst in depth roster in the league but you can't expect much when you have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the roster. I'd give them pick 1, Round 2.

How will we win 10 in a row without draft picks ?

I think Orlando will definetly take Marcus Smart if he is still available.

Will be interesting to see just how many teams tank their way through the 2013-14 season with the calibre of players available next year....Wiggins, Parker, Randle, the Harrison brothers....damn!

Back
Top Bottom