What we could expect for 2019 releases

Hope there are less players from each team for Brownlow Predictors. Commons look good! Might try and get some Hawks commons signed for collection

So this is what we know so far:
🌟 bursts: this year on club Guernsey background colours
Women's cards as an insert: at least 10 cards - 1 per club
We also know what the commons look like
We also know that Brownlow predictors yet again are back with at least a gold variant

I like the look of the AFLW cards on today’s Select preview. A nice, basic design allowing the player themselves to be the main feature.

It's just a shame they are no good at football.

I would back errin Phillips in against most footballers tbh. Womans leagues have to start somewhere and how do you expect them to improve if they arent given a chance!

Come 5 years when the talent pathways and development has had time to kick in and that's when we will see the improvements

It's just a shame they are no good at football.
I was at the North Vs Carlton game on Sunday and i though the skill level was very good.
They got nearly 5000 to the game and the crowd got right into it,
It's great for the game as well promoting AFL to younger girls, My daughter can't wait to play in the new under 10 girls comp this year after playing in the boys comp for the past 2 years

Without a Hawthorn side in I haven't followed the AFLW as closely as most. Briefly watching the games on the weekend the level of fitness amongst the players has improved dramatically. Just goes to show some proper pre-seasons, professional support and in time with a more genuine full-length season it will become an outstanding competition. Those that follow soccer take a look.... The standard of our Matilda's has clearly outstripped the socceroos in recent times.

So just to make an update of what we know is going to be in series one so far:
Commons - we know what they look like with an additional aflw set at the end

Holofoils; 5:6 packs in other words 1 per pack unless a 1:6 ratio card, thus different players to commons or at least most of them

🌟 bursts on club Guernsey background

Brownlow predictors of at least a gold variant

Pretty sure milestone Game cards will be back in spite no previews as yet

I’ve already seen one Facebook group advertise boxes for sale at $90. Will wait a bit and see what is actually in the release before committing to buying a few packets or might just concentrate on filling other gaps on the Hawthorn PC

I'm presuming that Select are knocking off the "less exciting" card previews now, with any good new stuff to come in the later previews. Fingers crossed anyway!

Back
Top Bottom