What we could expect for 2019 releases

No mate: have you?
yes bud, I done a deal for a heap of carlton cards, he said he was going to post on the 9/1/19, 100 cash in the mail, could I send cards at the same time, that way we would get each others at the same time, I held off for a day or so, asked him had he posted yet, yes was the reply.
It is now the 23/1/19, no cash and no comms.
He is a scammer. BEWARE.

pm sent mate. I would hope it's on its way for you mate and just Aus post delay.
i definitly sent. It could have got lost as ive had many cards get lost before not only mine but the other people that i trade with. I once was gonna recieve some great rare and some normal commons of carlton cards from someone in melbourne and i got the mail and it was teared right open with only a few commons in it.

i definitly sent. It could have got lost as ive had many cards get lost before not only mine but the other people that i trade with. I once was gonna recieve some great rare and some normal commons of carlton cards from someone in melbourne and i got the mail and it was teared right open with only a few commons in it.
had that happen, I will be sending registered when money is received.

Have been trading cards through the mail for close to 18 years now and only twice have Aus Post lost something.

Once I was the seller and once I was the buyer. To be fair to them, it doesn't happen that often.

Have been trading cards through the mail for close to 18 years now and only twice have Aus Post lost something.

Once I was the seller and once I was the buyer. To be fair to them, it doesn't happen that often.

Same here, twice in 15 years i didn't get my delivery. Once it was stolen from my letter box and the other time the sender actually couldn't remember sending it and refunded me as he had no proof. Best thing is to take a picture of the cards all packed up and addressed just before sending and send that picture to the receiver. I always do this.

Same here, twice in 15 years i didn't get my delivery. Once it was stolen from my letter box and the other time the sender actually couldn't remember sending it and refunded me as he had no proof. Best thing is to take a picture of the cards all packed up and addressed just before sending and send that picture to the receiver. I always do this.

Yep - it's too easy to just place the blame on Aus Post. I sent cards once to Melbourne (should be 2 days max you would think) and they literally took 3 weeks...but even then it did rock up.

If I'm not sending registered I actually take a video of the stamped, addressed package going into the mailbox. That will not stop something going missing (which I agree is a very rare occurrence), but at least if it did the recipient would know I've done the right thing.

If I'm not sending registered I actually take a video of the stamped, addressed package going into the mailbox. That will not stop something going missing (which I agree is a very rare occurrence), but at least if it did the recipient would know I've done the right thing.

That is a pretty good idea, might start doing that.

Damn it starburst cards are back

Our Starburst Caricature Cards are back again this year as a featured insert in our Footy Stars packs, and we think Harvs has done another amazing job capturing each players' unique character. Check out this sneak peak of the Collingwood Football Club's Jaidyn Stephenson's card! Select Footy Stars cards are in stores from Monday 4th March.

Select Footy Cards - The Collectors Choice

Common cards are kinda better

I like the club colours being used for the background on the startburst cards, although @ElijahCraigHyde I also see the attraction of the different colours (orange, yellow, black, red etc). Then again, I am an unabashed fan of the Harv caricatures even on white backgrounds in the Harv Time/Ja Ja’s cards.

It will be interesting to see what follows over the next few weeks in regards to the previews. I hope there is something for everyone.

There is a photo of the actual box for 2019 Footy Stars on their facebook page...can anyone make out the cards which are shown on left hand side of the box?

There is a photo of the actual box for 2019 Footy Stars on their facebook page...can anyone make out the cards which are shown on left hand side of the box?

Looks like an AFLW card, a Heppell starburst (perhaps a box hit numbered one like last yeae?) and a Brownlow Predictor (Tom Mitchell??) with white background / gold foiling like the 2017 version to me.

Looks like an AFLW card, a Heppell starburst (perhaps a box hit numbered one like last yeae?) and a Brownlow Predictor (Tom Mitchell??) with white background / gold foiling like the 2017 version to me.
I agree however from the look of the BP, there seems to be a lot of gold on the card and gives me this impression that platinum variants will be back but fingers crossed 8 sliced down to 4 to allow room for premiership predictors

Back
Top Bottom