What we could expect for 2019 releases

ElijahCraigHyde

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrah
I know it's a bit far off not to mention these ideas and almost certainly will be different to what I thought however I'd put it out there that perhaps not completely inaccurate assumptions in terms of what to expect for 2019 series I and ii releases

Last edited:
2019 footy stars
Holofoils; 1:2 packs

again all different players to commons and perhaps the best looking parallel likes back end for a series I to date
Sharp Shooters; 1:4 packs
This inset to depict key forwards of each club and images portraying goal scoring scenes etc
Milestone Gamecards; 1:6 packs
Right doing for this concept to remain as it is IMO
Hot Numbers; 1:9 packs
a concept revisited from 2016 thus all stats updated and improved elements so fourth
A-Graders Gold (72); 1:18 packs
this to correspond a third year running and also to replace the beloved or disliked awkward looking 🌟 burst illustrations. An alternate colour background to appear in starter packs likewise
A-Graders Black /600 (72); 1:36 pack
Either one premiership predictor OR one Brownlow predictor per box also
Premiership predictors (72);
Bronze /180

premiership player signature 1
Silver /180
premiership player signature 2
Gold /180
Norm Smith signature or premiership player 3 if NSM on losing side
Platinum /180
premiership captain and coach dual signature

Nb all variants to come with usual trip mini set like in past years only to fall into series one

Brownlow predictors Gold /120
Brownlow predictors Platinum /50
Brownlow predictors Diamond /25

2019 Next Generation (series ii)
Draft pick eminence (162); 1: pack

9 players per club: this inset based on 2013 prime concept but this time depicting draftees from 2010-2018 thus replacing HOF concept
Holofoils (220); 1:3 packs
again corresponding to commons on a fanicer design and numbered
all Australians (22); 1:6 packs
again dealers may sensationize as best design yet but still auctions for $25- a set
Draft pick eminence Gold (162); 1:9 packs /180
again corresponding to low end variant and may resemble box search foil cards from 2013
Rookie cards; 1:18 packs
back to two cards per box rather than three making these the lowest numbered to date IE /165 approx
Draft Pick Signature (18); 1:72 packs
Wouldn't mind same design as this year but surely just as good due to no more future force
Prime Draft Signature (18); 1:72 packs
these to replace certified signature concept and to depict probably the best 1 of 9 players from lower ends also based on box search 2013 concept but signature added
Prime Draft Platinum bars (25); 1:144 packs /70
again 25 best players of 162 still thrilling fans today: unsigned high end and at least one card per club
Future HOF /50 (18); 1:236 packs
Corresponding from this year's legacy thus making it a complete set of 50 cards out of 50. This time only one player for all clubs and quite necessarily depicting 2010-18 draftees potentially to be in HOF someday? (Not necessarily all)
Future HOF signature /100 (4); 1:540 packs
based on unsigned version and players to depend on whom select can gather to sign but for the sake of it: FHFS1 Nat Fyfe; FHFS2 Cyril Rioli; FHFS3 Dustin Fletcher; FHFS4 Brent Harvey
Triple Platinum (monster) signature (1); 1:2360 packs
dedicated to Collingwood at least: Tony Shaw, Nathan Buckley & Scott Pendlebury? /100; signatures in silver in on black board!?
Quad Gold Crown (monster + booklet) signature (1); 1:5000 packs
dedicated to Richmond at least:
Royce/Hungry/Dust/Coch!???!! Limited to 40; signatures in gold ink on black board!? with additional booklet 👑

Last edited:
Hot numbers were horrible they won't do them again. And once again you have thrown way, way, way to much into each release. You have to remember that more isn't always better and if they were to do what you say the value of afl cards would plummet as numbers become irrelevant.

You can't add extra hits without decreasing the value of all the other cards!!

Keep it simple and don't try to throw all ideas in one set lol

I reckon premiership predictors in series one are way to go and I would love to see a set that revolved around players who had set records or some nice predictor cards that kept people interested season long.

And no idea what the go is with copyright wise but I would love to see Letterman somehow introduced.

Nonetheless thanks for responding to my enthusiasm and speaking of what you've saying perhaps some of those ideas could be held back for 2020 onward?

PS speaking of your argument, the bottom line is I DO hope the premiership predictor concept will be brought forward to series one and to also replace the excessive production of Brownlow predictors without axing such concept. Secondly I am feeling confident A-Graders will replace 🌟 burst illustrations but replications of yellow and black variants to remain. Lastly in terms of series ii, I feel the theme from 2013 prime will take place should Guernsey cards still withold a comeback for 2020 onward

Holofoils 1: pack
Milestone Gamecards 1:6 packs
Record holders 1:12 packs
A-Graders Gold 1:18 packs
A-Graders Black 1:36 packs
Brownlow predictors 1:72 packs
Premiership predictors 1:72 packs

Now likewise for series 2:

Holofoils 1:3 packs
All Australians 1:6 packs
Draft Pick Eminence 1:9 packs
Rookie cards 1:12 packs
Prime Draft cards 1:36 packs
Draft Pick Signature /100 (18); 1:118 packs
Future HOF signature /100 (6); 1:500 packs

Last edited:
I would love to see the Selex back next year. Would like players like Harry McKay, Paddy Dow, Matthew Kennedy, ect, from Carlton.

And also would like to see the Goal to Goal again

Maybe Selex would replace Record Holders perhaps?

Record Holders? Do you mean Milestones? I don’t think Selex would replace them as they were both in the last series 1 together. And Milestone inserts have been the best insert card in series 1 so hopefully they don’t drop them. They are about the only cards from series 1 I collect.

Record Holders? Do you mean Milestones? I don’t think Selex would replace them as they were both in the last series 1 together. And Milestone inserts have been the best insert card in series 1 so hopefully they don’t drop them. They are about the only cards from series 1 I collect.
Well record holders would be another new concept in addition to milestone Gamecards (yes I agree with you here) just considering same old doesn't look to be going away: this record holders concept would simply refer to players person best outcome should some clubs not have any current players to have set new competitive records for their club. Anyway for GWS, an insert like this would have Ward as record holder for most games for the club and Cameron for most games for GWS etc. Perhaps some clubs with more players than others!

think you will find he was referring to his made up guess at next year where he put record holders in. but yes milestones are best insert and would be devastated. I actually really liked the bursts concepts and hated Selex. idea behind Selax was ok but the cards were up there with Sheehan selects for me lol

think you will find he was referring to his made up guess at next year where he put record holders in. but yes milestones are best insert and would be devastated. I actually really liked the bursts concepts and hated Selex. idea behind Selax was ok but the cards were up there with Sheehan selects for me lol

Yep I didn’t like the Selex cards. But I honestly don’t mind what they do with series 1 as long as they keep Milestones. It would have to cop a major overhaul and really impress for me to bother next year, I’ll save for other releases.

Yeah the burst designs were kinda quite cute LoL thus their appealing colour coded backgrounds. Wouldn't be surprised should they make a fourth appearance: Navy for back ends, platinum silver out of 600; and then a pink diamond out of 200 and finally a maroon edition as the starter pack version but then again what would I know? That's why I mentioned the a grader format in as an alternative suggestion

Now likewise for series 2:

Holofoils 1:3 packs
All Australians 1:6 packs
Draft Pick Eminence 1:9 packs
Rookie cards 1:12 packs
Prime Draft cards 1:36 packs
Draft Pick Signature /100 (18); 1:118 packs
Future HOF signature /100 (6); 1:500 packs
Jarrah, have you had any dealings with the guy below this post (Kayno).

Back
Top Bottom