What is happening with NRL Cards/Tags?

knights98

#1 Knights Collector!
Real Name
Richard
Hi
So far this year there has already been the afl tags released and release details for the first series of afl. However there has been no mention of nrl cards or tags so far. So what is happening!

jersey cards ewww. unless ur talking about the something similar to the 2003 XL jersey cards

jersey cards ewww. unless ur talking about the something similar to the 2003 XL jersey cards

The NRL TAGS are due for release End of Feb with the First set of NRL Champion due for release late March ...

There will be 144 Tags in the set 9 per team also 32 Gold tags 2 from each team ....
They are basically the same height as a tazo but not as wide ( 36mm wide , 60 mm high) ....

Each tag has 2 different images on the front and back ....

They will be $3 per pack which has 5 tags inside also 1 chain per pack ....

Also there is a folder to hold the tags available .....

I will have more information as soon as I get it ....

Warren

The NRL TAGS are due for release End of Feb with the First set of NRL Champion due for release late March ...

There will be 144 Tags in the set 9 per team also 32 Gold tags 2 from each team ....
They are basically the same height as a tazo but not as wide ( 36mm wide , 60 mm high) ....

Each tag has 2 different images on the front and back ....

They will be $3 per pack which has 5 tags inside also 1 chain per pack ....

Also there is a folder to hold the tags available .....

I will have more information as soon as I get it ....

Warren

pooo. tags are for real what a joke . hey evryone boycott them so they dont embarras themselves and make them again

Its bad enough having to get the Sharks tazos, stickers and even Champions..... but Tags? Cmon, thats so lame. Its not just a couple per team either.
Why cant they put more resources into making their cards better? All Select try and do is think of new ways to get the kids' lunch money. They need to wake up and realise that there is such a thing as an Adult collector (with more disposable income) and our average age is not 8 years old.

They look much better than the Tazos that everyone seems to be collecting !!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The big difference is, Tazos are free and atleast you get a bag of chips!

I don't mind the idea, it is something different.

I am not sure if Select will ever please a lot people here as complaints are usually about lack of new ideas (which I agree with) but now they have tried something different they are getting bagged out.

I am not sure if Select will ever please a lot people here as complaints are usually about lack of new ideas (which I agree with) but now they have tried something different they are getting bagged out.

They are just trying to get a share of the market with the tazos which I think Good on Them ....They need to please the kids as well as there are getting less so call adults to collect cards now ....As said earlier at least they are trying to put something different out there and good on them ....

The first Nrl set released has allways been for the kids and good on them for keeping the kids interested in the LEAGUE .....

The second set is more expensive and harder to collect for the keen collectors ....It has always been this way since they brought out 2 sets and I am sure there will always be people who are not happy with it but they are not going broke and each year bring out cards so they must be popular with a lot of people ....

After all everyone will have there own opinion and some will like what is happening and some won`t ....

So if you are happy you will buy and if you are not you won`t ....If they sell a lot they will retry them again and if they don`t you probably won`t see them again .....

<sarcasm>C'mon guys, the tags are freakin' awesome. I can't wait to wear a Manly one to the gym here in Brisbane!</sarcasm>

Place your bets... foil sigs, sketches and gems all over again?

<sarcasm>C'mon guys, the tags are freakin' awesome. I can't wait to wear a Manly one to the gym here in Brisbane!</sarcasm>

Pretty close. The AFL Champions info is out and they have all of the above again, with the only difference being the Double Troubles making way for "Best Of The Best" cards.

Foil sigs, sketches and gems were allready decided last year after they reprinted the 09 Champion which sold so well ....
While they are popular and selling a heap they will continue printing the same cards ...

It won't be something different when they do it again and again year after year!

I'd love for them to bring out something a bit different like the Scanlens set they had a few years ago, or as I said earlier, the 2003 jersey cards.

The problem is all these things (figurines, Champions series, and probably tags and stickers) are good the first time around, but they bring out the same thing again and again with only the players changing, it becomes a boring and repetitive.

I'd just be happy with some new ideas with the cards series, and some effort put into the Champions set, with a few signature cards thrown in. They did it in 2005, after all!

Back
Top Bottom