Jared_davey
a penny sleeve + toploader + team bag
or
a one-touch + team bag

whats better?

overall
long term
which do you use for what

EDIT: all of my cards are now in top loaders. Better storage and better protected imo.
Sold all my one touches to Dave. Lol

Depends on what it's for. My pc cards are in penny slips and then the binders. GU/AU penny slips (where the BK value warrants it and in the portfolio books, high value cards (over US$100 or extremely limited) in screwdowns or one touch holders.

I am not really a fan of one touches or screwdowns. The penny sleeve + toploader + team bag combo has much less chance of being affected by moisture as I have found. I had cards in screwdowns and one touches sitting in a box for many years and when taking some cards out (metalic ones mainly) they would stick and rip off part of the coating. No issues whatsoever with the The penny sleeve + toploader + team bag combo.

One-Touches could look a bit better I reckon, but they definately look better than toploaders.

Yep.. I'll see what a few more responses are but..

I have prob 90% of my cards in top loaders, and most of the better ones in one touches, but I'm thinking I might put them in top loaders also..

I like One Touches! But honestly, I am a set collector and to give you an example, my Gold Standard RC Autos... I have the Wall in a one touch and the rest in 9 pockets! Only because I have them with the base set!

With my 09/10 Sets, I have the Griffins in one touches and the rest in toploaders!

You get the idea!

The only other thing to consider is that one touches offer UV protection!

@ Mully - Try getting little bags of silica gel! They absorb moisture for when storing thing!

I prefer Penny Sleeve + Top Loader + Team Bag

I find One-Touches too bulky when you have a bunch of cards.

My more high end aminu's (RPA's, 1or1's etc) are kept in one touches and the rest of the auto/gu cards sleeves and top loaders. All the base and inserts are in penny sleeves in 9 card pages in a binder :)

I am not really a fan of one touches or screwdowns. The penny sleeve + toploader + team bag combo has much less chance of being affected by moisture as I have found. I had cards in screwdowns and one touches sitting in a box for many years and when taking some cards out (metalic ones mainly) they would stick and rip off part of the coating. No issues whatsoever with the The penny sleeve + toploader + team bag combo.

One-Touches could look a bit better I reckon, but they definately look better than toploaders.

had a card posted a while back in a one touch, had a small rip in the envelope when recived and moisture got in and soaked( had been for a bout a week !) into the card which was a Auto/Patch card,it now looks like it needs to go on a diet and some of the top layer of the card tore off when i opened the one touch, wasnt a happy camper , saying that not sure what else the seller could have done as i dont thing one touches fit into a team bag .

Saying that i post mine in penny sleeve + top loader taped and in a team bag. My PC they are in a Penny Sleeve then put into a 9 card UP page sleeve that are in a folder. My high end are mostly in one touches but do have a few in toploaders in team bags.

Back
Top Bottom