1X hobby of 2022 Bowman

If you are prospecting is this not just true by definition?

The vast majority of prospects, even good ones, will not work out. Thus, if they are a "big hit" they are most likely at the peak of their value and should be sold. In most cases once a prospect reaches "big hit" territory, especially, if they are still a long way from the majors, the card can only go down — or at least will experience periods where it is down from its "big hit" value.

Should you not be fading the "big hit" guys and buying guys you like, who for whatever reason (poor recent performance, injury, not a big name prospect) are not the "big hits".

(Of course, I'm not a baseball collector so actually have no idea what I am talking about!)
That part you quoted was more directed at just regular hits, not prospects.

My prospect will probably get dumped when he gets the next promotion

Just the 5K!. Well now I really hope he works out. I thought you'd spent about a Jumbo hobby box worth. That's impressive.

I've lost my Bowman prospecting touch. Probably never had it anyway :).

So about 70% of the stuff came back from US:

PSA Stuff (It's 3 deep at the gold level)

PXL_20240119_025805080~2.jpg

PXL_20240119_025826632.jpg
PXL_20240119_025907212~2.jpg

SGC's

PXL_20240119_025648647~2.jpg

Ungraded Autos:

PXL_20240119_025259813~2.jpg

PXL_20240119_025343677~2.jpg

Bowman Paper Prospect "Rainbow" in progress

PXL_20240119_025452895~2.jpg

Pro debut Non-Chrome Autos/Colour

PXL_20240119_025539457~2.jpg

Chrome Colour (They didn't make Chrome Autos for RV)

PXL_20240119_025606969~2.jpg

I just noticed I have $4 on COMC. Might have to snag another RV base auto rather than two Phil Foden Rated Rookies.

Was that done through a group submitter? Also curious as to SGC. What was the rationale behind that? I have a lot questions my friend.:)

I just noticed I have $4 on COMC. Might have to snag another RV base auto rather than two Phil Foden Rated Rookies.

Was that done through a group submitter? Also curious as to SGC. What was the rationale behind that? I have a lot questions my friend.:)
I just bought what was available.

And I haven't got the higher end stuff back.

He won't pan out but it'll be an interesting year. I'll probably look to sell later in the season or if he goes up

I've got something here and I'll just post it in this thread( delay on the photos of course).

This is breaking which I'm ashamed to say I've done way too much of lately. I was expecting the auto but not the silver pack /75.

The auto is only the second one I've hit in approx 70 Bowman breaks - including many with multiple teams. I was happy to hit it until I saw that it can be had for less than $2 on COMC. 2023 Bowman Chrome is rough as guts thanks to the crazy 130 name prospect auto checklist.

The silver pack is interesting though. Caminero looks the goods and he has no base rookie in 2024 Topps S1. He has a Topps 1989 design rc and maybe some other stuff. I'm guessing they put his base RC in S2. Given he charged through the minors he has very few cards at this point. He's one of the better names in 2023 Bowman. A pleasant surprise.

9ACF465B-DA85-4B1F-A10B-012D1D3752C0.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got something here and I'll just post it in this thread( delay on the photos of course).

This is breaking which I'm ashamed to say I've done way too much of lately. I was expecting the auto but not the silver pack /75.

The auto is only the second one I've hit in approx 70 Bowman breaks - including many with multiple teams. I was happy to hit it until I saw that it can be had for less than $2 on COMC. 2023 Bowman Chrome is rough as guts thanks to the crazy 130 name prospect auto checklist.

The silver pack is interesting though. Caminero looks the goods and he has no base rookie in 2024 Topps S1. He has a Topps 1989 design rc and maybe some other stuff. I'm guessing they put his base RC in S2. Given he charged through the minors he has very few cards at this point. He's one of the better names in 2023 Bowman. A pleasant surprise.

9ACF465B-DA85-4B1F-A10B-012D1D3752C0.jpeg
Big hit on the junior. SELL NOW. ASAP

I should sell it immediately. I'm just sick of cards like this going to the US where you lose up to 50% in commission on low value cards.. Might be a $150+ card, though. My best ever hit in 2 years at Cherry, lol. - and I didn't know I'd hit it.

But you pay commission on the whole lot. You pay commission on the item, the postage and on the GST the buyer pays! whether you charge $400 for the item and $80 for postage or $200 and $280 for postage it doesn't matter. They calculate commission based on the item plus the postage and then whack the customs duty fee the buyer pays on the top + plus a $2 international fee.

I don't see how you are better off whether you charge $200 and $80 postage as opposed to $280 for the item and free postage? Works out the same.

But you pay commission on the whole lot. You pay commission on the item, the postage and on the GST the buyer pays! whether you charge $400 for the item and $80 for postage or $200 and $280 for postage it doesn't matter. They calculate commission based on the item plus the postage and then whack the customs duty fee the buyer pays on the top + plus a $2 international fee.

I don't see how you are better off whether you charge $200 and $80 postage as opposed to $280 for the item and free postage? Works out the same.

Still better than being stuck with it

Back
Top Bottom