To spend or not to spend...

What should I spend my birthday money on?

• Be responsible. Spend that $100 on your phone bill.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • SPEND IT!!! Birthday money should be kept separate from finances!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Put half on your phone bill and spend the other $50 on cards! I have one you might like.... ;)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Like I would know what to do, have you seen my bank statement recently??

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
Okay guys I have a question for you....

My dad decided he would send me $100 for my birthday because he could not figure out what to get me.

Now of course I am thinking of all the things I could spend that money on. Question is should I when I have $400 phone bill due in 10 days?

What do you think?

Just trying to help! :)
Ive seen enough
'Ok, Ive decided to quit collecting cards because its costing too much' posts here before

mate that is a huge phone bill, wow, put it on the bill get it payed and then spend big on some cards later

lockymac said:
Just trying to help! :)
Ive seen enough
'Ok, Ive decided to quit collecting cards because its costing too much' posts here before

Oh that will never happen, I never quit! I sometimes take a hiatus, or slow down considerably... but I will never stop!!

Yeah I got skype... but its only free if you subscribe ;) otherwise all you can do is puter to puter, not puter to phone hehe

and I don't wanna be sitting up at my puter, most often my calls are at bedtime... but hey I've cut back considerably... cos i hate having to slow down on card purchases LOL

pay your bills!

getting into debt just causes massive problems with other things. and try and find cheaper alternatives to phone south africa!

Currently with Telstra... costs way too much approx $35 per hour....

when I actually use daybreak calling card its 6.5 cents per minute....

Pay your phone bill!!! I work in the finance industry and i see to many people with "default" on their credit file for not paying their bloody phone bills. Trust me it will hurt you in the long run if you dont pay it!!!!

Maybe you should look at the $79/cap. i think it is with vodaphone. doesnt matter how many calls you make your bill wont be over $79!!! Sounds like a good deal to me!!!

I'm with Telstra too.. while they have clear lines, $17 for an hour is too much.

I'll hook you up with something, it's called Call me Direct. They top up your home fone with credits and the rates are pretty good. I get around 4 1/2 hours for $50 and the line is pretty clear and there's no lag most of the time.

Customer service is 1300 136 656
Ask how much their rates are to South Africa.

My advise too is, try to budget your calls. I doubt you're calling friends over there and am assuming its a girl. I only call my fiance once a week for 1 hour and just sms with her everyday. Try to get used to it. I spend only $100 a month for communication. You make the rest up with emails, snail mail, Skype, IMs, etc.

$700 is not worth it man coz there are ways to maintain it without spending that much.

Back
Top Bottom