Select Champions 2013?

notice the mistake on the flyer??

Yeah i did see that in a listing. Would have to be 18 cards @ 1:36 wouldn't it??

Capture.JPG

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the AFL releases are this year? Will there be another champions series or is there a new one, anyone with any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
just received in the mail today the 2013 champions flyer and promo cards. common,silver parallel,b & f, firepower caricature, milestone & firepower mirror cards . no signatures!

just received in the mail today the 2013 champions flyer and promo cards. common,silver parallel,b & f, firepower caricature, milestone & firepower mirror cards . no signatures!

Can you scan the checklist and upload it?

Perhaps I am an idiot........however if I was a 10-15 year-old child and I found a signature redemption card in my packet I would probably become a very big fan of footy cards very quickly. I cannot understand why Select cannot even include 2 signature cards in the Champions release, like they have done previously. Christ almighty, we all started collecting AS kids! I'd have thought it would be the ideal way to attract the younger market as well as keep older collectors satisfied.

You'd think that. But my nephew who is 6 started collecting cards last year, when he got a packet or two from Auskick.
I was thrilled one day when he bought his Champions album over to show me all the cards he had. Of course he was most excited about his own teams commons. He pointed to a couple of the 'special' ones when flipping through, but couldnt really care less about them. They were the Mirror Club Trio games, and sat largely ignored. I had to point out to his dad that these were $30 cards!

You'd think that. But my nephew who is 6 started collecting cards last year, when he got a packet or two from Auskick.
I was thrilled one day when he bought his Champions album over to show me all the cards he had. Of course he was most excited about his own teams commons. He pointed to a couple of the 'special' ones when flipping through, but couldnt really care less about them. They were the Mirror Club Trio games, and sat largely ignored. I had to point out to his dad that these were $30 cards!

Exactly mate, i went over to my cousins and he had a signature of dustin martin that he loved as he was a richmond supporter!! But it was sitting unprotected on his bench with a massive crease through the middle! It nearly killed me ahha he also said he had another signature that he swapped for about 6-7 richmond commons aha i nearly cried but he was happy so i didnt have the heart to say anything. As long as he thinks he got a good deal thats all that really amatters

6 is pretty young to understand what the cards are all about. My nephew is nearly 9 and he puts all his cards straight into an album. The older they get the more they understand. I didnt start really look after my stuff until i got to about 14 :crazy:
I think pulling an awesome card is just an unbelievable feeling as a kid, providing your old enough to understand.

My opinion on these Select cards, wont be touching boxes or packs at all. And am seriously rethinking my hawks collection to not include the dud champions inserts from the past 4 years or so. Some of them are just rubbish.

6 is pretty young to understand what the cards are all about. My nephew is nearly 9 and he puts all his cards straight into an album. The older they get the more they understand. I didnt start really look after my stuff until i got to about 14 :crazy:
I think pulling an awesome card is just an unbelievable feeling as a kid, providing your old enough to understand.

My opinion on these Select cards, wont be touching boxes or packs at all. And am seriously rethinking my hawks collection to not include the dud champions inserts from the past 4 years or so. Some of them are just rubbish.

Same with me im nearly 17 now i only started protecting all the cards i pulled when i was 12 if it wasnt eagles it went in the bin i threw out so many cards that were good inserts i now realised i now stupid me but now i now a good card from a shitty one and the only cards i now throw out are commons that are wrecked

Looks like if you put together your team's caricature cards, there's a message on the back (something along the lines of 'Go Hawks 2013'). Reminds me of the Herald Sun cards.

Surely they will put him in Swans colours. I know they did a quick photoshop on Juddy in his first year as a blue for the Champions series. But Fev was in Blues colours for his Coleman medal card in 2010 but was playing for Brisbane at the time. I think Select need to get that sorted out. It would be so easy to just do a quick photoshop, no one wants them in their old colours, thats just lazy by Select. And i hope they put Clinton Young in Collingwood colours becuase i dont want to add a card of his to my collection, that bloke has no ticker!

Back
Top Bottom