Select Champions 2013?

Just noticed Tippett is listed with the Adelaide players and Young with the Hawks, just cant get my head around why they do that. What Adelaide collector wants to add that Tippett card to their collection? And same with the Young, i have such hard feelings towards him now and really dont want to see him in hawks colours again.

Surely they will put him in Swans colours. I know they did a quick photoshop on Juddy in his first year as a blue for the Champions series. But Fev was in Blues colours for his Coleman medal card in 2010 but was playing for Brisbane at the time. I think Select need to get that sorted out. It would be so easy to just do a quick photoshop, no one wants them in their old colours, thats just lazy by Select. And i hope they put Clinton Young in Collingwood colours becuase i dont want to add a card of his to my collection, that bloke has no ticker!

I thought that, but he's listed in the checklist with the other Crows boys, so not sure if that'll be the case. Will find out soon enough I suppose.

He played his Milestone game in Adelaide colours, wouldn't make sense to have him in a Swans kit... best would be to have just a portrait of him on the card...

I don't like this series at all.....will buy the album with a couple of packs and that is about it.

The only thing I see missing is a signature card.
Good value at $2.99 a pack with 36 packs per box.
As far as shops selling them they will Not be easy as my shop current location I have 2 Seven Elevens within 2 blocks and 3 newagents in 3 blocks.
I will stock a box in my shop and also if my customers want boxes but right now no interests as not have a signature card is what they areask far asking about.
With the extra places this will be stocked this may bring new collectors into collecting cards.

I actually dont mind it..... If it has some signatures or limited Redemption cards( not 10000 screamer cards either), it would be a great set.
Series 1 is always a let down when we dont get those big cards.
But there is really no icing on the cake, i think they at least got the cake ingredient correct this time, They just forgot to add the cream and strawberry jam to make it appealing....

I do think it is SLACK that we still are not seeing sigs/redemption/limited cards in this series. Nothing less. It is not that hard to stamp a few hundred numbers on some card and give the "collectors" the hope of busting that big one.... without this hope our minds will continue to think negatively.

This series is nothing short of rubbish.

But while collectors continue to buy rubbish why would Select even bother. They are just going through the motions and laughing all the way to the bank.

They could have made parallels, like Sasha mentioned that are numbered. How hard is that? I've given up on signatures and redemptions and guernseys but milestones again? If this product is targeted towards kids then tell me how many 5-12 year olds would know what milestones were coming up for which players and the significance of it? They couldn't care less. The Caricature cards also reek of desperation. Its like Select looked at their competitor, asked themselves why they are so popular and then chose to imitate it to the best of their abilities thinking this is what consumers want. I'm sorry but i don't think Select really care what any of us think. I didn't buy their product last year and i don't see myself doing so this year.

its a wonder no one has uploaded the Teamcoach advert... saw it in the AFL mag when i went out...2 pages b4 the select one.
NO magic wilds this year.. Starwilds as normal, and a FP numbered card.... (im guessing Foil Platinum)?? think it was a Pies players with tattos all over him from memory...
From memory, there was a BNF Card and another insert set...
Silvers are code again... no idea on ratios or release date.

its a wonder no one has uploaded the Teamcoach advert... saw it in the AFL mag when i went out...2 pages b4 the select one.
NO magic wilds this year.. Starwilds as normal, and a FP numbered card.... (im guessing Foil Platinum)?? think it was a Pies players with tattos all over him from memory...
From memory, there was a BNF Card and another insert set...
Silvers are code again... no idea on ratios or release date.
Wha? I went thru the mag 10 times and didn't see it! Can u upload a scan pls? I'll have a look now anyway...

Back
Top Bottom