Select Champions 2013?

They obviously only want kids collecting these and not collectors all they have to do is throw some sigs in there and you catch both markets

I like the Silver Parallels and the basic Firepower cards (which will be like the triple centurions) but those character cards...........not a fan at all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360126336.663039.jpg
not the best pic

Go back to page one of this thread. I uploaded the image.

Cant see it because it is still hosted on the afltcc site and im not registered there.

I can see Festa's image ^^^^ ..... the caricature cards look yuck but i dont mind the rest.

Will still grab a box as always.

Wow, they certainly don't look the best! It's pretty sad that they don't even have a 1:36 insert! Interesting how it says they'll be available in Target. I wonder how many of those places will catually end up stocking them!

Thanks for the images guys. I must say I am not a big fan of this release. No draft rookies, the design looks worse than basic and those Firepower cards look terrible. Maybe they will look better in hand, but there is nothing there that tells me ooohhh run out and by a box lol.

Perhaps I am an idiot........however if I was a 10-15 year-old child and I found a signature redemption card in my packet I would probably become a very big fan of footy cards very quickly. I cannot understand why Select cannot even include 2 signature cards in the Champions release, like they have done previously. Christ almighty, we all started collecting AS kids! I'd have thought it would be the ideal way to attract the younger market as well as keep older collectors satisfied.

I think those Firepower Caricature cards are meant to compete with Teamcoach and their Magic/Star wildcards. Between Teamcoach and Select Series 1, I think Teamcoach is more popular with the kids (even without sigs) due to the online game and the quality of Teamcoach's 1:36 insert.

Disappointed there aren't any sigs or another insert, but will reserve judgement until I have some of these cards in hand. Maybe they might surprise us by numbering some of these inserts...

Would be cool if they did a nice red/green/blue/silver/gold/black parallel set or something like that. I'm a sucker for a rainbow. Probably why I much preferred Teamcoach last year, it had a parallel set that appealed to me.

I notice there's no Rising Star set this year - that was the only thing I bothered completing last year.

As it stands this set looks like garbage, which is probably a blessing in disguise, more money left for other pursuits. :D

Would be cool if they did a nice red/green/blue/silve/blue/black parallel set or something like that. I'm a sucker for a rainbow. Probably why I much preferred Teamcoach last year, it had a parallel set that appealed to me.

I notice there's no Rising Star set this year - that was the only thing I bothered completing last year.

As it stands this set looks like garbage, which is probably a blessing in disguise, more money left for other pursuits. :D

Black isnt a colour of the rainbow More money for series 2 and teamcoach hopefully another draft release too as i liked that they just needed more inserts

I notice that Sunshine Collectables has a picture of the actual flyer on his ebay pre-sells.

Anyone know where he got it or have a copy???

Back
Top Bottom