Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

Sneak peek is up! Sadly no pictures of any actual cards.

image.jpeg

So the set was as expected. the same as last year just opposite teams of the redemptions and finest. A bit cheaper set for me this year.

Thought there may have been a surprise in there after Select said " this years set may well be our finest work ever".

The rumour about goal to goal replacing team leaders was correct. Apart from design changes for some subsets the rest looks the same.

Has anyone heard anything about numbering and amount of cards in each subset? Last year there were 70 rookies and 116 team leaders.

I understand that they want to stop pre-sellers getting info.....but the way they have "marketed" this release is pretty poor to be honest.

I'm not the biggest AFL collector, but there is no way I would be committing to buying any of this, especially if they wont even release images until the actual week of sale.

It totally defeats the purpose of creating a bit of buzz about this product. I would even say they way they have done this has negatively impacted them.

They have 40+ signers ....they couldn't even release an image here or there of some players signing to create some interest?

Any interest I had in this product has gone and I wont be buying any of it.

Thought there may have been a surprise in there after Select said " this years set may well be our finest work ever".

The rumour about goal to goal replacing team leaders was correct. Apart from design changes for some subsets the rest looks the same.

Has anyone heard anything about numbering and amount of cards in each subset? Last year there were 70 rookies and 116 team leaders.
Will be similar numbers I would have thought.
18 x 5 = 90 Goal To Goal maybe numbered to 200 this time instead of 220.
Or they may do the entire draft list as opposed to capping it at pick 70.

Will be interesting to see come next Thursday :)

Was thinking the same, maybe an increase in the rookies and a decrease in the goal to goal (compared to team leaders). Maybe goal to goal is fixed amount per club whereas some clubs had 3 or 4 more players than others in the team leader set.

Wow what an informative, high tech preview that is! Ive taken the liberty to provide an exclusive sneak peak of next years exciting release a little bit ahead of schedule, this is the best release we've ever made!

This is sensational!!!!!

Looking at the snake peak, nothing new from last year other than Team Leaders replaced by Goal to Goal. Think this will feature, two forwards (background spanning over two cards); one ruckman (background spanning one card) and two defenders (background spanning over two cards) in contrast to Team Leaders and mid-fielders, whereas there is arguably a lot of emphasis on mid fielders speaking of the inset range lol

ps. My team may have following if correct: Steve Johnson and Rory Lobb as forwards; Shane Mumford as ruck and Nathan Wilson and Zaz Williams as defender duo.

In terms of rookies, have a feeling there will be 74 meaning each club to have 8 cards spanning from last year's release thus potentially filling up 16 even 9-pocket pages of 144 cards

Goal-to-goal would probably be each #IN /275 @1:12 packs

2018 Footy star charactertures would have to be gold/yellow-orange background in the packets and black background in the starter packs

Last year there were 70 draftees and every one got a rookie card. So I can't see any reason why they wouldn't give all 77 players from last draft a rookie card this series.

Lol. Should rename the series select certifiable. Its a set of trading cards not top secret papers from the pentagon. Whoever's bright idea it was to deny consumers product information prior to purchase, maybe their energy would have been better spent coming up with an original concept for the series itself. Starting to think that select is just grant copley and his secretary. How else could you explain so little creative output.

Back
Top Bottom