Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

If the rumoured signatures are true, i can understand why they are trying to keep the content on the down low. Very underwhelming.

If the first preview is a week before release how many customers will pay for cases before knowing what's in them?

Orders for cases & boxes started Monday. My order was put in then.

I'm not in it to make a profit, I'm in it for Western Bulldogs cards everything else is up for trade 1st sale 2nd.

I'm in to collect a master set mate not a team set and flip the rest. Select get payment before seeing the release which is poor.

I'm in to collect a master set mate not a team set and flip the rest. Select get payment before seeing the release which is poor.

It amazes me how many people collect master sets, seriously. I have enough trouble trying to collect just the Western Bulldogs set. I'm still trying to get cards from 3 & 4 years ago.

As for paying & not seeing, There should only be 1 change this year to last year (team leaders). As for what the actual cards themselves look like well.........Next year will be a whole new ball game.

I forgot to say my preference is always to trade 1st. I want to complete my sets.

Last edited:
I just find it strange that Select have not communicated this once with the general public collectors, we haven't heard a single thing and release date is apparently just over 2 weeks? And they want people to pay for cases and boxes without even knowing what's in the actual release. I can't be the only one that thinks this stinks, the monopoly on the hobby makes this all possible but it's not great if you ask me. I'm not saying they have to reveal everything, but how about a bit of correspondence with collectors that are going to be asked to part with hundreds and even thousands of dollars.

Yeah sort of have to go off last years flyer but we don't know if the amount of players are the same in each subset for instance or if they're numbered to say 200 or 300 etc and if different squad players instead in some subsets. Just need to have a blind punt for quite a few $$$

I'm in or I won't be able to continue collecting it that simple. People are just going crazy with pricing cards. Honestly $15 for a certified 460, please. $20+ for a team leader WTF. These prices are still being asked now, the release was over a year ago. Those cards weren't special, yes they were numbered but they were in no way special. The bigger problem is it all starts again in 2 weeks.

Last years release for me was murder, I still haven't completed it. The price for a Bulldogs Certified set had to be around the $1000 - $1400 mark.

I need to buy more now so that I can trade for the 1's I need & there will be several that I need.

Not releasing checklists and in many cases final artwork product info sheets is becoming the norm for card manufacturers worldwide. Panini being a notable exception. I know a lot of sets are produced, cut, added based on pre-sales and product is printed to order. Not suggesting this IS the case, but it is becoming a more feasible option for manufacturers in smaller markets.

Not releasing checklists and in many cases final artwork product info sheets is becoming the norm for card manufacturers worldwide. Panini being a notable exception. I know a lot of sets are produced, cut, added based on pre-sales and product is printed to order. Not suggesting this IS the case, but it is becoming a more feasible option for manufacturers in smaller markets.

That would make individual card numbers very interesting if that were the case.

Footy's Finest look to be as followed:

Brisbane - Tom Rockcliff
Fremantle - Nat Fyfe
Geelong - Dangerfield
North - Goldstien
Port - Robbie Gray
Richmond - Dusty
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Buddy
W-Bulldogs - Bomtempelli

Brisbane - Tom Rockcliff
Fremantle - Nat Fyfe
Geelong - Dangerfield
North - Goldstien
Port - Robbie Gray
Richmond - Dusty
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Buddy
W-Bulldogs - Bomtempelli
I haven't heard anything but I reckon you'll be pretty close with most of those. My guesses would be:

Brisbane: Zorko
Fremantle: Fyfe
Geelong: Dangerfield
North Melb: Ziebell
Port Adelaide: R Gray
Richmond: Martin
St Kilda: Riewoldt
Sydney: Franklin
Western Bulldogs: Bontempelli

Heard a rumour Gary Ablett was going to be one of them - another reason for delay in release to make sure he did hit his tri-centurion by time of release

I hope there's two case sigs again.

Petrie and Nick Riewoldt last year
Williams 2015
Foulds and Breen 2014

Brisbane - Tom Rockcliff
Fremantle - Nat Fyfe
Geelong - Dangerfield
North - Goldstien
Port - Robbie Gray
Richmond - Dusty
St Kilda - Jack Steele
Sydney - Buddy
W-Bulldogs - Bomtempelli

Hmmmm steele and goldstein are funny choices. Surprising saints isnt riewoldt!! Rest seem pretty solid

Back
Top Bottom