Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

This will be the place for all Certified 2017 information and rumours.

Fully expecting the same release as last year with the jersey cards from the teams that missed out in 2016 also heard there will be signatures again 2 per team with some really good names potentially signing.

Cheers
Matt

I imagine the release will be a carbon copy except for Team Leaders being replaced as that cannot be repeated.

Rookies will reflect players picked up from the 2016 draft.
460 to include new batch of players.
Certified Sigs to remain 2 per team as pointed out by @Matt26
Finest and Guernsey/Guernsey Sig cards will feature teams not featured from 2016 Certified.

Pretty stock standard really, with what looks like one different insert, 2 would be nice.

Fully expecting the same release as last year with the jersey cards from the teams that missed out in 2016 also heard there will be signatures again 2 per team with some really good names potentially signing.

Any chance some of those rumoured names can be dropped :)

A little rumour doing the rounds of late is that Rampe and Tippett are the Swans Certified Signatures.

Heard the Pies have a beauty of a young player signing as well.

Cheers
Matt

A little rumour doing the rounds of late is that Rampe and Tippett are the Swans Certified Signatures.

Heard the Pies have a beauty of a young player signing as well.

Cheers
Matt
De Goey for the Pies? Oh wait, he "hit his hand on a door handle", he won't be able to hold a texta :p

How about his for a theory? So that Select didn't double up on too many players in the Certified 460 set, they made parallels of the "second-string" players in Footy Stars so they can have 460s of the star players - most of whom wouldn't have had one last year - in this year's set. So just like the Holofoils in Footy Stars, the Certified 460s won't be a true parallel set (to the commons). That's what I think might happen anyway.

I seem to recall reading somewhere (and apologies in advance if it was someone on here!) that Taylor Walker and Shane Mumford feature in the guernsey/guernsey signatures?

Can't bloody wait - will be interesting to see who the hawthorn player is!

I thought last year's release was outstanding.

I seem to recall reading somewhere (and apologies in advance if it was someone on here!) that Taylor Walker and Shane Mumford feature in the guernsey/guernsey signatures?

Can't bloody wait - will be interesting to see who the hawthorn player is!

I thought last year's release was outstanding.

I heard a little rumour that Mumford is one of the certified signatures......

Probably unlikely, but have you heard any rumours regarding the Eagles Cerified Signatures and/or Guernsey?

And if not, if I pay for your airfares can you come over here to Perth and do some snooping? :)

Have a feeling signees for SCS concept will be at least for following teams:

Yes sounds right to me however last fan day I asked him whether he'd be the donor for the guernsey concept and said he was not sure and hinded Select have not yet asked him about it. Nonetheless should he instead me a singee for the SCS concept, I then have a feeling the second GWS SCS will be Heath Shaw.

IMO should Greene and Scully be signees, they are the ones who could/should get the guernsey concept - sorry but these players would not sign SCS cards very well as their sigs are very small and background-like however their signing style would be hell more ideal on the guernsey card appearance.

2017 Certified suspected breakdown:

Commons - 220 as usual and the usual lower profile players of the team (different to common base in Footy Stars) plus high profile transfers of big name players that have occurred for this season.

Certified 700 (162); 9 per team; 1:3 packs
Generally players who were not on the low end HF concept in Series I and will also replace Team Leaders concept from last year

All Australian (22); 1:9 packs
This concepts looks to not go away any time soon and to prevent excessive production of cards, this assumes no 1:6 nor 1:12 pack concept for coming release

Rookies (74); 1:18 packs
Nothing much different only to feature players from 2016 draft and in their league football uniforms unlike Future Force

SC Signatures (36); 1:36 packs
Below are my suspections whom at least some of them could be:
Adelaide: Eddie Betts perhaps one of them??
Carlton: Murphy /Gibbs
Gold Coast: Gary Ablett/ Steven May
GWS: Greene /Scully
Hawthorn: Hodge/Rioli (hopefully or we all wish!!!)
Richmond: Dusty /Ivan
Sydney: Tipper one of them perhaps

Award Winners 1:72 packs

Same old same old :sick:

Certified Women's Cards (9); 1:216 packs /160
Similar appearence to Rookie cards but with this 'CWC' badge
All players different to hand-outs at Women's games this year
Generally skippers of each 8 sides but not necessarily
9th card to act as header and may depict Adelaide Crows premiership celebration
Indivually numbers to 160

MWG Unsigned 1:216 packs
MWG Singature 1:432 packs
Footy's finest 1:432 packs
Premiership Redemption 1:432 packs

So bottom line is pretty much same as last year only to have the Women's concept to be added to the front-end and para-style and TLs blended into once concept lol
ps. would love to know any thoughts or further rumours.

2017 Certified suspected breakdown:

SC Signatures (36); 1:36 packs
Below are my suspections whom at least some of them could be:
Adelaide: Eddie Betts perhaps one of them??
Carlton: Murphy /Gibbs
Gold Coast: Gary Ablett/ Steven May
GWS: Greene /Scully
Hawthorn: Hodge/Rioli (hopefully or we all wish!!!)
Richmond: Dusty /Ivan
Sydney: Tipper one of them perhaps

Only one I think you have right is Tippett.......

pps if I'm any wrong here second thoughts are:

All Australian still at 1:6 packs
Team Leaders still abundant at 1:12 packs with meaning Certified parallel to have mainly different players to this along with common base
- Clubs who have a women's side would have key players added in to avoid repetition from last year
- Even if repetition of players in not avoidable, at least it will be of different design and revised profile from last year

Footy's Finest; 27 cards at 1:144 packs:

FF10 Rory Sloan
FF11 Tom Rockcliff
FF12 Daniel Rich
FF13 Patrick Cripps
FF14 Scott Pentlebury
FF15 Cale Hooker
FF16 Aaron Sandilands
FF17 Nat Fyfe
FF18 Joel Selwood
FF19 Pat Dangerfield
FF20 Tom Lynch
FF21 Dylan Shiell
FF22 Luke Hodge
FF23 Nathan Jones
FF24 Todd Goldstien
FF25 Jack Ziebell
FF26 Chad Wingard
FF27 Robbie Gray
FF28 Dustin Martin
FF29 Jack Riewolt
FF30 Nick Riewold
FF31 Jack Steven
FF32 Josh P Kennedy
FF33 Lance Franklin
FF34 Nic Naneuto
FF35 Marcus Bomtempelli
FF36 Jason Johensan

So bottom line is, even if I'm off track of players depicted, those who will not be getting the guernsey concept this hear to have two FF cards and those who will to have one more from last year thus a 36 corresponding subset rather than 18.

In terms of Guernsey concept, would only be really throwing names into a post however do have a feeling I may not be completely off track:
Dons: Joe Deniher
Hawks: Luke Bruest
Suns: David Swallow; Tom Lynch; Aaron Hall; Matt Rossa; or Jarrod Harbrow
Giants: (if not Mummy); Greene; Scully; Devon Smith; Rory Lobb or maybe Zac Williams
Dees: Max Gawn
Eagles: Luke Shuey
Blues: Kade Simpson or Bryce Gibbs
Pies: Sidebottom; Ellitott or Levy Greenwood

I think it will have Hall of fame as well as its been 5 years since the last updated set.
Plus there are 3 Legends who should have a signature each Hart, Cable & Lockett.

I think it will have Hall of fame as well as its been 5 years since the last updated set.
Plus there are 3 Legends who should have a signature each Hart, Cable & Lockett.
That's a very good point. Could be a huge series if it includes what we expect from last year plus HoF sets.

No way I see Select fitting a new edition of the HoF into Certified. I reckon they will be saving it for next year otherwise it leaves them without much ideas if they pack everything in for this release.

Back
Top Bottom