Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

Lol. Should rename the series select certifiable. Its a set of trading cards not top secret papers from the pentagon. Whoever's bright idea it was to deny consumers product information prior to purchase, maybe their energy would have been better spent coming up with an original concept for the series itself. Starting to think that select is just grant copley and his secretary. How else could you explain so little creative output.

To be fair it is no different to Honours series 1 & 2 where the same inserts (Brownlow Distinction, Masters, Signature etc) created a full set over two years.

It's only reasonable that collectors of all clubs get a Footy's Finest and Guernsey Sig for their team hence why the major inserts remain the same.

It will be interesting to see the list of players chosen for Certified 460s this year because presumably they won't be any players who a) got a 460 last year and b) got a common card in Footy Stars this year. They might be scraping the barrel with some clubs.

Honours 1 and 2 had quite a few differences.

Honours 1 had draft pick sigs, Honours 2 had certified
Honours 2 also had Honour Rolls and distinctions that were not in Honours 1 which added a lot of additional value per case

I'm starting to think it's just 3 people at Select, Grant Copley, the lady in the office and the production guy. It seems bizarre how they've handled this release. I heard the distributor still didn't have the cards as of yesterday morning. How do they expect to get them to WA in time for release date. Do we even know the release date? The distributor sent out a note it was the 3rd then the next day Select say to be confirmed.
They claim it's their best work ever when it's virtually the same as the previous year and they expect customers to fork out thousands on cases before seeing the contents. Like it or not, some of their biggest purchasers are the same guys who they're trying to prevent pre selling. It just seems a bad business decision by them and bad for collectors who appear to be losing interest.

Honours 1 and 2 had quite a few differences.

Honours 1 had draft pick sigs, Honours 2 had certified
Honours 2 also had Honour Rolls and distinctions that were not in Honours 1 which added a lot of additional value per case

I'm starting to think it's just 3 people at Select, Grant Copley, the lady in the office and the production guy.
It seems bizarre how they've handled this release. I heard the distributor still didn't have the cards as of yesterday morning. How do they expect to get them to WA in time for release date. Do we even know the release date? The distributor sent out a note it was the 3rd then the next day Select say to be confirmed.
They claim it's their best work ever when it's virtually the same as the previous year and they expect customers to fork out thousands on cases before seeing the contents. Like it or not, some of their biggest purchasers are the same guys who they're trying to prevent pre selling. It just seems a bad business decision by them and bad for collectors who appear to be losing interest.

You are pretty close to the mark actually!

It has certainly been a break from tradition, although there does surely have to be a reason for it. I'm starting to wonder whether "some of our best work" is a reference to the guernsey card players? Taylor Walker, Bryce Gibbs, Scott Pendlebury, Jack Gunston and Nick Naitanui are of course extremely popular names amongst supporters of their teams (I can't remember or don't know who the other players are).

What I do know is that upon release, the "box break", "sale/trade", "wanted" and "mailday" sections will go nuts....as always :)

Wow what an informative, high tech preview that is! Ive taken the liberty to provide an exclusive sneak peak of next years exciting release a little bit ahead of schedule, this is the best release we've ever made!

Just one problem...

From what I have heard, Predictors will be gone next year. Don't expect Standups to be back either :cool:

Just one problem...

From what I have heard, Predictors will be gone next year. Don't expect Standups to be back either :cool:
I can understand the Standups going, but the Predictors? That would be so disappointing - unless of course they move to Series 2.

Heard this from a larger seller. Not confirmed, but sounded quite probable.

Instead of a Brownlow Predictor, would love to see the Premiership Predictor return.
Interesting. Yeah, if the BPs do go Premiership Predictors would be a good replacement. Just hope they don't get rid of the BPs without replacing them with something similar (i.e. something limited and numbered).

Does pick 58, Matt De Boer get one? :eek:

Serious question lol
I hope so and you are nothing at all wrongdoing in asking - makes a heck of a lot of sense and other GWS rookies this year such as Tenzani and Spoull have not even got a 1st grade game yet and probably will not for the rest of the season!

Interesting. Yeah, if the BPs do go Premiership Predictors would be a good replacement. Just hope they don't get rid of the BPs without replacing them with something similar (i.e. something limited and numbered).

Matbe coleman predictors? Or ladder predictors hahahah something a bit different lol

Last edited:
Looking at this sell sheet there could have added a little mojo as I've mentioned in previous posts and as a matter of fact, I'm considering saving for 2018 Series II already lol

If it means the BP to go and no other #IN front-end insets, who's gunna tackle the release?? Plenty of boxes would be auctioning off ebay for $0.99c lol

Hopefully I can get a hold of the Collingwood certified signature cards, since there are absolutely no Alex Fasolo signatures anywhere in the country. I'm not paying $100 plus for one either.

Hopefully I can get a hold of the Collingwood certified signature cards, since there are absolutely no Alex Fasolo signatures anywhere in the country. I'm not paying $100 plus for one either.
Ahha there are several aroubd but i think you will fibd they are all at the same place!

Next Year Series 2 you would think will be Hall of Fame.
With Royce Hart, Barry Cable, Tony Lockett and Malcolm Blight all legends. I would expect tradition to follow and legend signature cards from these 4 players.

Dozens of cases stacked up at Card Zone this morning! They'll be selling from Thursday according to Steve Wang.

.......and as yet the general public has yet to see a sell sheet with images of the cards and we are 3 days out from release date!

........and yes I know we are getting a majority of the same looking cards from last year.

Way to market your product Select!!!!!

FB_IMG_1501467823548.jpg

Back
Top Bottom