Select Certified 2017 Official Thread

I'm trying to sell a Premiership redemption card for $80 which i thought was very fair but cant seem to sell it, might hold onto it until Richmond win and it could triple in value lol. Selling G2G's for $7 and rookies for $9. And 2 weeks from release i had 3 sigs i couldn't sell for $25 each. Just all seems very low to me. I cant remember last years team leaders and rookies selling that low a month from release.
Yeah hold the premiership redemption mate, at worse case scenario after someone wins it make sure its on ebay and a fan will buy it for $100-$150 id imagine.

The series hasn't sold the way i think most would have been hoping for but it's not due to the quality of the product in my opinion.

Fact is the hobby is in decline currently. TeamCoach and Footy Stars sales were down again on last year from all the sellers/dealers i've spoken with.

Truth is that the hobby is like any other hobby, it has ups and downs, right now we are in a down but it will pick up again, it always does.

What i do know is that this set will be very desirable in years to come with signatures limited to 240, rookies to 220, influentials to 40, Guernsey sigs to 80....etc

Compare that with a cracker set like 2006 Supreme and it blows it out of the water.

I've decided to play the long game with most of my stock, it will sell eventually.

The series hasn't sold the way i think most would have been hoping for but it's not due to the quality of the product in my opinion.

Fact is the hobby is in decline currently. TeamCoach and Footy Stars sales were down again on last year from all the sellers/dealers i've spoken with.

Truth is that the hobby is like any other hobby, it has ups and downs, right now we are in a down but it will pick up again, it always does.

What i do know is that this set will be very desirable in years to come with signatures limited to 240, rookies to 220, influentials to 40, Guernsey sigs to 80....etc

Compare that with a cracker set like 2006 Supreme and it blows it out of the water.

I've decided to play the long game with most of my stock, it will sell eventually.

Agree the product is great, I suspect disposable income is down from collectors.

Influentials have played a massive part as well. The extra $400 - $600 value per case has to be taken off somewhere!! Appears the footy fonest, certifieds and goal to goals are hit hardest
Yeah aside from tough financial times I suspect the influentials have hurt after sales, but I suspect the product isn't moving as much this year either.

I would like to get an average breakdown of a case value wise as i thibk it still wiuld be on par with previous yeayrs. Just spread out with more numbered hits so more a quantity over quality debate

I reckon the breakdown is approximately what's listed below. The Influential inclusion had an impact on the pricing of other inserts which were lower than their equivalents at the same time last year.

Influential $400
signature redemption $250
2 x redemption $200
finest $150
prem redemption $80
case card $50
12 sigs x $25 $300
24 rookies x $15 $360
36 goal x $10 $360
6 medal cards $60
144 x 460 $400
3x aa sets $60
12 x common sets $60

check out this sick ass patch, wicked.
siuc.jpg

I reckon the breakdown is approximately what's listed below. The Influential inclusion had an impact on the pricing of other inserts which were lower than their equivalents at the same time last year.

Influential $400
signature redemption $250
2 x redemption $200
finest $150
prem redemption $80
case card $50
12 sigs x $25 $300
24 rookies x $15 $360
36 goal x $10 $360
6 medal cards $60
144 x 460 $400
3x aa sets $60
12 x common sets $60

Reckon your spot on. Now to compare to certified 1 last year i reckon the value was about:

Signature guernsey - $300
Footy finest - $220
Guernseys - $110 x 2 - $220
Premiership - $100
Case card $50
12 signatures x $30 - $360
24 rookies x $15 - $360
36 team leaders x $12 $432
6 medal cards - $60
144 460 - $400
3 x aa sets - $60
12 x common sets - $60

=$2522

Compared to this years

= $2730

So in retrospect this years is still very good value!!

agree on your breakdown baggies. Some cases have bigger hits and a few guernsey numbers in them but overall agree. Im a sports gambler myself so im always up for the challenge when it comes to redeeming a guernsey redemption. Its a rush when opening the package from select to see if you redeemed a nice patch.

@Marz102 Id be happy with Tex's patch over just a plan blue one ive seen of his.

Interesting you say that negrofc. I'd prefer a proper patch that represents the club rather than a patch I can get from a Guernsey I could buy from rebel sport or K-mart.

Interesting you say that negrofc. I'd prefer a proper patch that represents the club rather than a patch I can get from a Guernsey I could buy from rebel sport or K-mart.
yeah the more i stare at the tag the more it looks average. bad call by select.

Maybe when the Guernsey signatures are released again, perhaps they should take the form of a booklet card like with the Panini NBA cards? Even if it means they are limited to maybe 40 cards so that a decent-sized patch can be used on one side of the booklet and the player could sign under their image on the other half of the booklet? The Patrick Dangerfield Brownlow Medal Signature card would be a good example to use I think...the entire right side of the booklet could contain the patch.

PS Not my card in the example!

s-l1600.jpg

Thoughts?

Maybe when the Guernsey signatures are released again, perhaps they should take the form of a booklet card like with the Panini NBA cards? Even if it means they are limited to maybe 40 cards so that a decent-sized patch can be used on one side of the booklet and the player could sign under their image on the other half of the booklet? The Patrick Dangerfield Brownlow Medal Signature card would be a good example to use I think...the entire right side of the booklet could contain the patch.

PS Not my card in the example!

s-l1600.jpg

Thoughts?
I know it's not your card but wow that's a gorgeous card! Would be even better with a nice patch rather than a manufactured Brownlow Medal, no matter how cool it looks!

Here is the josh bruce card from last year, its been on ebay for a year and i am surprised no one has bought it, its definitely matches his signature.
i called select and the players do sign the back of the guernsey, generally on the number but if thats dark they use the neutral colour between the numbers or the sponsors logo.
has anyone pulled part of the gunston signature yet?

bruce
s-l1600.jpg

cotchin
s-l500.jpg

stringer
s-l1600.jpg

beams
s-l1600.jpg

i think they are better than a multi coloured patch?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom