Season cut short by greed...

I guess this is what you do while your on strike.

Or you can be a clown...

Javale Mcgee

javale.jpg

Dwight Howard

dwight-howard-planking-3.jpg

No I am 99% sure he owns shares in the private equity firm that own Liverpool and not directly in the club.

Yeah he singed A deal with Fenway and as a part of the deal got shares in Liverpool. So HE does own shares of the club itself.

BBC Sport - LeBron James becomes minority stakeholder in Liverpool

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) has struck a deal to partner the Miami Heat player's marketing firm to become his exclusive worldwide representative.

The Wall Street Journal reported that James received an undisclosed stake in Liverpool as part of the deal.

"This is a great opportunity for me," said the NBA superstar.

"The first time I stepped on an NBA court I became a businessman."

Referring to Liverpool's title honours James added: "Eighteen championships. I see myself trying to do the same things they have."

The Wall Street Journal said Maverick Carter, chief executive of LRMR Branding & Marketing, had expressed his desire to build James' portfolio internationally.

"We're not interested in talent or athlete representation but we think he is one of the most remarkable athletes of his time," FSG and Liverpool chairman Tom Werner told the newspaper.

"We believe we can open doors for LeBron and LeBron can open doors for us. Without purchasing Liverpool, we never would have been able to have this conversation

Also here he is wearing a Reds shirt from awhile back

Must be good to always be right. I was just having bit of a joke - my bad.

Nah I'm not even close to always right, just love Liverpool and a fan of James so just happened to know about this subject. Sorry if I came across sounding like a douche.

Good Wilbon article - heres the first couple paragraphs.

Public ridicule and disdain might be force that ends NBA lockout - ESPN

The bond market indicator that has predicted every recession since 1970 is forecasting a 60 percent chance of the economy having another contraction within the next 12 months. Moody's Analytics says there's a 40 percent chance the U.S. will tumble back into the depths of a recession within the next six months. The unemployment rate, some analysts say, is likely to remain above 6 percent until 2015. The hourly pay of people who are employed can't keep pace with inflation. The most recent drop in household income is the largest in several decades and, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, has caused a "significant reduction in the American standard of living."

So with that as the economic backdrop, the NBA has decided to sit it out for a while because the owners and players can't agree on how to split up $4.3 billion. It's difficult to imagine that folks who live in constant fear of losing their jobs, of not being able to make their mortgage payments or pay their kids' tuition or do anything with their money beyond what is absolutely necessary have the stomach for this self-indulgent behavior. The country is in no mood for the NBA's stupid dispute; and if the lockout lasts past Christmas and into the time when people expect to see professional basketball, which is quite possible, the bet here is the owners and players are going to face a level of disdain that could embarrass the two sides into a settlement and haunt the league for years.

That was a great vid, thanks for the link.
A lot of people put crap on Stern but I really like hearing him speak, and in combination there with DA it was awesome and learnt a few things hadn't heard before.

Its hard to stand by and miss a game that you love watching while a bunch of millionares (the players) have an arguement with a bunch of billionares (the owners)... any business owner that wants a guarantee to make a profit in any business is kidding themselves... the owners pay the players without a gun held to their heads... they are all a bunch of greedy 'beep' 'beep' 'beep'.... argh...:mad::mad::mad:

To be honest, as much as I hate the lockout, this sort of had to happen.

If this lockout stops big 3's forming all around the league, superstars leaving teams and crappy players getting monster contracts, it will be better for the NBA in the long run.

To be honest, as much as I hate the lockout, this sort of had to happen.

If this lockout stops big 3's forming all around the league, superstars leaving teams and crappy players getting monster contracts, it will be better for the NBA in the long run.

I think the increase in revenues and renewed fan interest in the NBA, would disagree that the forming of the Big 3 in Miami was bad for the league.

"you sell" "we get"
"you sell" "we get"
"you sell" "we get"
"you sell" "we get"
I own two businesses, one is a child care, this is a business, I sell, I get. Get over it, it's my business. Employees get a wage, not a %.
The other is a fishing competition run from Home - Queensland's Best Angler all profits are returned to my competitors, this is at the hobby stage not a true business yet. I could understand if the NBA was seeing it's top players moving to Australia or Europe to play, but that's not happening.
The NBA is a business, players are not worth 50% of takings.
If I was to invest billions into a business, there's no way I would be committing to paying my players 50% of the income.
There are 20 at most, a franchise like a NBA club would employ thousands, are the first 20 worth more than the last 1980 ?
If you think it's not fair tell us where you work and what % of takings you get.

Not at all, what is bad for the league is having a handful of teams that have an 'advantage' before a single player is signed.

EVERY league in every sport has this. Whether its basketball, soccer or even cricket there are a top tier of teams that always dominate and win more than the minnows. It comes down to management and how a club is run.

EVERY league in every sport has this. Whether its basketball, soccer or even cricket there are a top tier of teams that always dominate and win more than the minnows. It comes down to management and how a club is run.

Umm, no. BEFORE you start managing the team one team has access to 45 million and the other has access to 110 million (as they can afford to pay waaay over). That's an advantage before we start looking at management and players etc.

I do agree the EPL is similar where the superclubs dominate every year as they have so much more money to spend.... this is what the NBA wants to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom