Season cut short by greed...

Umm, no. BEFORE you start managing the team one team has access to 45 million and the other has access to 110 million (as they can afford to pay waaay over). That's an advantage before we start looking at management and players etc.

They have access to this because of their success in the past. You look at all the teams that dominate diff sports world wide. Have been successful onfield hence why successful off-field, hence comes down to management, recruitment and large fan bases etc.

People need to get over the small team syndrome. There will always be small teams that always struggle because sporting competitions world wide are saturated with too many teams.

Success in the past??? So a billionaire throwing money around compared to another owner who can't spend more than the cap is related to success in the past?

We are talking about the advantage a team has due to the owner being in position to spend more...not because they've been there building the team up increasing their teams net worth, because they bought a franchise and already have deep pockets.

"you sell" "we get"
"you sell" "we get"
"you sell" "we get"
"you sell" "we get"
I own two businesses, one is a child care, this is a business, I sell, I get. Get over it, it's my business. Employees get a wage, not a %.
The other is a fishing competition run from Home - Queensland's Best Angler all profits are returned to my competitors, this is at the hobby stage not a true business yet. I could understand if the NBA was seeing it's top players moving to Australia or Europe to play, but that's not happening.
The NBA is a business, players are not worth 50% of takings.
If I was to invest billions into a business, there's no way I would be committing to paying my players 50% of the income.
There are 20 at most, a franchise like a NBA club would employ thousands, are the first 20 worth more than the last 1980 ?
If you think it's not fair tell us where you work and what % of takings you get.

I really wish people would stop comparing "normal" jobs to the NBA. Tell me Craig, do people come to your child care center because of who works there!? Are you employees the MAJOR reason for your business making money? If they left could they easily be replaced with someone just as good? Sports are different and that is why they get a PERCENTAGE. Seriously, it's not that hard to understand and I shake my head at people who think they should be treated the same as someone that works as K-Mart or a Child Card Center for that matter; I'm not putting down their profession, just saying it's there is an obvious difference between the two at why they make money.

Does the NFL have a hard cap? I think it's working for them. Keeps the league fair for the most part...will certainly make the decisions of the club more accountable.

I personally would like to see it even up a bit and allow the lesser teams that you follow have a shot at competing. I recon it's a bit like a Pannini Case break at the moment, if you don't get the lakers, Celtics or Heat (3 of the 30 teams avail as an example)....you know your gunna miss out for the most part.

Hope they work out the rest of the deal and then come back to the BRI % at the end, at least they will know how it will affect them as a whole.

David Stern sounds like a moron, thinking he got all the power, let's cut Xmas games cause we're billionaires, Owe no let's make the babies cry. Hey Why Not Cut our F*cking Ballsacks off cause you think you already own them too. Tosser Bosses. :rolleyes:

Does the NFL have a hard cap? I think it's working for them. Keeps the league fair for the most part...will certainly make the decisions of the club more accountable.

I personally would like to see it even up a bit and allow the lesser teams that you follow have a shot at competing. I recon it's a bit like a Pannini Case break at the moment, if you don't get the lakers, Celtics or Heat (3 of the 30 teams avail as an example)....you know your gunna miss out for the most part.

Hope they work out the rest of the deal and then come back to the BRI % at the end, at least they will know how it will affect them as a whole.

I see what you're saying but stuff like the larry bird exception are VERY important to teams and I don't see why they would want to get rid of it TBH.

Do parents bring their children here because of my staff ? Yes, 100% correct.
My employees are the only reason I'm making money and there's no way I could replace them.
Treat your staff well, your staff will treat your customers well and your customers will look after the owner.
When your talking % the other numbers are not important.

Do parents bring their children here because of my staff ? Yes, 100% correct.
My employees are the only reason I'm making money and there's no way I could replace them.
Treat your staff well, your staff will treat your customers well and your customers will look after the owner.
When your talking % the other numbers are not important.

I thought you may say something like that and I was kind of aware of it when I posted it.... that staff at a child care center may be a reason people keep coming back as they like the people looking after their children, however I think you know the point I was trying to make in that if all your staff left and you had to replace them with other people....... would your business fall apart!? No...... simple as that!

Back
Top Bottom