Rumour: Re Select NRL & AFL

AyiosYiorgos

Card Addict
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
st.george4life / TradingCardFactory
This morning i was talking to a friend who is in the collectable industry, he told me for next year that Select will only be releasing 1 series of NRL & 3 Series of AFL, he was told by a friend as well, just wondering if this is chinese whispers at its best or if there is some truth, anyone hear anything!!!...

if the 1 nrl set is champions, ill probably sell my centenaries and give up on select all together. there a joke.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

This year they scraped A-League, Cricket and the 2nd NRL Series. They released a quick money grab scanlens box set for NRL, AFL and Cricket.

If they do only release one NRL series again next year it will be the cheaper "Champions" type series again.

well lets hope its a half decent nrl set not champions ****e yet again seems select cater to the aerial ping pong fans only they might sell bit more but to the person collecting/selling afl floods market and doesn,t hold there value compared to nrl . not all collectors are these big time sellers on e bay etc selling cards for next to nothing . seen a lot of complaints re select this week and when they said no second series nrl earlier in year .select do need to lift there game big time but what choice is there if you collect nrl cards

Regardless of which set sold more out of AFL or NRL, they both sold out.

Select are the crappest company I have ever known in any industry whatsoever. And I have thought about it. There's nowhere worse.

Well if its true, can only hope they give us a decent series, but i doubt it, they will do enough to cover themselves contractually, if so then at least i can concentrate on finishing some of my other sets... As i told my friend 3 series of AFL is way too much would basically mean 2 crap cheap series and maybe a Master type series, who knows what crap they have in store for us..

yes and i bet we get the usual lame ass crap series ,hey i,m just as bad i collect both series but seems nrl gets shafted and select goes more hardcore on aerial ping pong and as for series selling out that maybe true but how much actually gets bought by the average collector and how much is bought by these big card dealers etc to onsell at inflated prices down the track . i,m the same as most on this sight and others if you can pick up a card cheap you are very happy but knowing what boxes etc cost do have small bit of pity for seller.anyway select will probably once again put more effort into a afl set than nrl so the afl collector has better sets than nrl.quite often looked at what select have offered for both codes in last 4 years and afl is vastly better sets except for the centenary series which maybe in years to come will be like the early hall of fame afl series . the centenary set bought back some good memories of some great players some vastly superior to current nrl players

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha and hahaha

Has anyone thought that maybe it's because NRL is an inferior sport to AFL?

---------- Post added 09-12-2010 at 11:10 PM ----------

Umm Lets see out of the 100 highest shows on Pay TV approx 60-70 are to do with the NRL, the only reason AFL got a better deal for Pay TV is that the part owners of the NRL were not going to pay more for a product that they 1/2 own, read some of Roy Masters articles especially trhe ones in the last month or so, you might just be surprised...

I wouldnt have used inferior, cos I knew sh!t would hit the fan... BUT.... AFL is simply the bigger money maker in every single way possible.... That is all.

Champions, tags or stickers and a boring second series.

Dont worry NRL collectors, your not missing much.

[/COLOR]Umm Lets see out of the 100 highest shows on Pay TV approx 60-70 are to do with the NRL, the only reason AFL got a better deal for Pay TV is that the part owners of the NRL were not going to pay more for a product that they 1/2 own, read some of Roy Masters articles especially trhe ones in the last month or so, you might just be surprised...

Not all AFL is on Pay TV most of it is on free to air.

Back
Top Bottom