Question for those Auto collectors out there

Definitely two very distinct versions of the Wilkins auto I have noticed over the years and it seems to have nothing to do with date.

and

Have seen the latter version on some of the newer Panini stuff. First being the most common auto version.

Damn Mike $700 over what you were prepared to pay is crazy, there must be a few people out there after a full kyrie auto huh?

Yeah, and I was already willing to pay a fair chunk over what i was thinking it was worth.

But for that price, i could literally buy 6 auto patches of him! Yeah, they aren't full auto's, but gee whiz.

But on that topic, I guess there won't be many more of his auto's in a cavs Uniform anymore

Ohhh wow!

I definitely see more of the first auto, even in my collection, its the first auto I have in style.

Out of teh 2, I'd definitely be paying more for the first card auto style

Ohhh wow!

I definitely see more of the first auto, even in my collection, its the first auto I have in style.

Out of teh 2, I'd definitely be paying more for the first card auto style

I have been wondering about that second auto for as long as I have been collecting Niques.
Certainly, as you say, I much rather and would pay more for the first.

Like, in line with this discussion.

When you come across a "wow"card that just catches your eye, and then you notice.......

The Auto is messed up or "Cut off" from the sticker!!!!!!!!!

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???!!!

Kobe Bryant actually started out signing full autographs pre-NBA and also his rookie year (see non-NBA licensed products Press Pass and Score Board), then switched to "Kobe 8" and "Kobe" throughout many years (Topps, early and mid-UD products). After that, he switched back to signing full autographs for most late-UD products, along with occasional "Kobe". After joining Panini in 2009, Kobe mostly signs full autographs for private, closed-door signing sessions (i.e. signing for trading card products/memorabilia brand/paid send-in's).

For in-person ones, Kobe also started out signing full autographs early in his career (at times even adding jersey number), then switched to "Kobe 8" / "Kobe" / "Kobe 24" . In situations where a lot of fans are in the public trying to acquire his autograph, he even simply signs "KB" .

Personally, I like the "Kobe 8" and full autograph the most, but as many of you can see, even for full autographs, Kobe seems to start signing sloppily now - not quite surprised given how many cards/items he has signed for Panini.

Wow, that detail.

As mentioned in this thread, fatigue does play a factor.

I find it the most irritating on rare/super cards that an auto just ruins it.
Especially if its a sticker auto.
I just go "Whyyyyyy would you put that auto on this card #5, whyyyyyy???"!