Question for those Auto collectors out there

Definitely two very distinct versions of the Wilkins auto I have noticed over the years and it seems to have nothing to do with date.

s-l225.jpg
and
s-l225.jpg

Have seen the latter version on some of the newer Panini stuff. First being the most common auto version.

Damn Mike $700 over what you were prepared to pay is crazy, there must be a few people out there after a full kyrie auto huh?

Yeah, and I was already willing to pay a fair chunk over what i was thinking it was worth.

But for that price, i could literally buy 6 auto patches of him! Yeah, they aren't full auto's, but gee whiz.

But on that topic, I guess there won't be many more of his auto's in a cavs Uniform anymore

Definitely two very distinct versions of the Wilkins auto I have noticed over the years and it seems to have nothing to do with date.

s-l225.jpg
and
s-l225.jpg

Have seen the latter version on some of the newer Panini stuff. First being the most common auto version.

Ohhh wow!

I definitely see more of the first auto, even in my collection, its the first auto I have in style.

Out of teh 2, I'd definitely be paying more for the first card auto style

Ohhh wow!

I definitely see more of the first auto, even in my collection, its the first auto I have in style.

Out of teh 2, I'd definitely be paying more for the first card auto style

I have been wondering about that second auto for as long as I have been collecting Niques.
Certainly, as you say, I much rather and would pay more for the first.

Like, in line with this discussion.

When you come across a "wow"card that just catches your eye, and then you notice.......

The Auto is messed up or "Cut off" from the sticker!!!!!!!!!

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Kobe Bryant actually started out signing full autographs pre-NBA and also his rookie year (see non-NBA licensed products Press Pass and Score Board), then switched to "Kobe 8" and "Kobe" throughout many years (Topps, early and mid-UD products). After that, he switched back to signing full autographs for most late-UD products, along with occasional "Kobe". After joining Panini in 2009, Kobe mostly signs full autographs for private, closed-door signing sessions (i.e. signing for trading card products/memorabilia brand/paid send-in's).

For in-person ones, Kobe also started out signing full autographs early in his career (at times even adding jersey number), then switched to "Kobe 8" / "Kobe" / "Kobe 24" . In situations where a lot of fans are in the public trying to acquire his autograph, he even simply signs "KB" .

Personally, I like the "Kobe 8" and full autograph the most, but as many of you can see, even for full autographs, Kobe seems to start signing sloppily now - not quite surprised given how many cards/items he has signed for Panini.

Kobe Bryant actually started out signing full autographs pre-NBA and also his rookie year (see non-NBA licensed products Press Pass and Score Board), then switched to "Kobe 8" and "Kobe" throughout many years (Topps, early and mid-UD products). After that, he switched back to signing full autographs for most late-UD products, along with occasional "Kobe". After joining Panini in 2009, Kobe mostly signs full autographs for private, closed-door signing sessions (i.e. signing for trading card products/memorabilia brand/paid send-in's).

For in-person ones, Kobe also started out signing full autographs early in his career (at times even adding jersey number), then switched to "Kobe 8" / "Kobe" / "Kobe 24" . In situations where a lot of fans are in the public trying to acquire his autograph, he even simply signs "KB" .

Personally, I like the "Kobe 8" and full autograph the most, but as many of you can see, even for full autographs, Kobe seems to start signing sloppily now - not quite surprised given how many cards/items he has signed for Panini.

Wow, that detail.

As mentioned in this thread, fatigue does play a factor.

I find it the most irritating on rare/super cards that an auto just ruins it.
Especially if its a sticker auto.
I just go "Whyyyyyy would you put that auto on this card #5, whyyyyyy???"!

Back
Top Bottom