Official Patty Mills Thread

Great game from Mills to get his first double double. Looks like he needs to improve his range though!

Curry is a great college player, can't wait to see him in the NBA.

Yeah apparently Mills completely showed up Curry though with his blinding speed - something more suited to the NBA than anything in Curry's physical skill-set.

Yeah 1/10 is pretty bad he's normally not bad though mate, just an off night.

10 assists from Millsy! Curry looks fantastic though, can't wait to see if he nominates for the draft!

Mills hasn't been the same from three point rage since his hand injury.
Good game from him though.

Did they play that game on espn?

Why keep shooting if your still not hitting after 7 shots?
C'mon patty do what you do best, get in there, draw some fouls.

Cause you might hit the game winner.

Not that it was needed - nah read the recap, towards the end of the game he went to the ring and did what he did best.

Best thing about it IMO is that he went for 10 assists with only 1 turnover, Curry had 6.

You take away Mills shooting from the arc and he goes 8/12 from the field.

Yew! good win by St. Marys:)
i would of loved to have seen this game on TV...
Carlin Hughes (one of the other aussie's on St. Mary's roster) is a good mate of mine and we grew up playing ball for the Rockingham Flames SBL team over here in WA so i've been watching their games very closely;) i thought Curry would of had a bigger game than he did but glad the Gaels pulled through!
hopefully we can get the qtr final game on ESPN;)

Re: Paddy Mills Season Progress Thread

SAN DIEGO, CA - In front of the sixth sellout crowd at the Cox Arena at Aztec Bowl, Saint Mary's could not overcome an early 13-0 deficit and fell to San Diego State 70-66 in the quarterfinal round of the National Invitational Tournament. San Diego State's Tim Shelton posted up for the go-ahead basket with 48.6 seconds left and Richie Williams made three free throws in the final 26 seconds as the Aztecs held off the Gaels.

Saint Mary's (28-7) battled back the entire game, and tied the score at 64-64 when Patrick Mills scored a lay-up with 2:03 remaining in the game. After SDSU pulled aheld with the Shelton bucket, Mills went to the line with a chance to tie the score with 34.9 seconds remaining, but missed the front end of a one and one.

After Williams made a pair of free throws following the Mills miss, Carlin Hughes connected on a lay-up with 14.9 seconds reamaining. Mills would foul Williams again, sending him to the line for a pair of free throws. Williams made one of two, giving the Aztecs (26-9) a 3-point (69-66). On the ensuing SMC possession, Mills fumbled a pass out of bounds in front of the SDSU bench, ending SMC's chances to pull out the victory and earn a trip to New York's Madison Square Garden for the NIT final four.

Mills would lead the Gaels with a game-high 18 points, but it came in a 7-for-24 shooting night. He was 4-for-13 from 3-point land, and had five assists to go along with five turnovers.

For the seventh time this season, Diamon Simpson and Omar Samhan had a double-double in the same game for the Gaels. Simpson finished with 11 points and 14 boards, while Samhan had 10 points, 12 rebounds and a game-high five blocked shots. Saint Mary's was 6-1 this season when Simpson and Samhan had a double-double in the same game.

Hughes finished the game with 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting off the bench.

Billy White scored 17 to lead the Aztecs (26-9), who will play Baylor (23-14) in the semifinals on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.

SDSU had lost to Saint Mary's in consecutive appearances in the John Wooden Classic, including 67-64 on Dec. 13.

San Diego State jumped out to a 13-0 lead over the first four minutes of the game. SMC’s first basket came at the 15:59 mark when Mills hit a 3-pointer to end the drought. Saint Mary’s cut the SDSU lead to 20-10 following a basket by Simpson, but the Aztecs used an 8-2 run to open its biggest lead of the first half at 28-12 following a pair of free throws by Ryan Amoroso at the 9:38 mark.

With SDSU leading 30-14, Saint Mary’s used an 8-0 burst to cut the Aztecs’ lead to single digits at 30-22. SMC continued to cut into the San Diego State lead, getting as close at 32-27 after an O’Leary three and a Samhan jumper. SDUS following the Samhan basket with a 5-0 run to extend the advantage to double digits (37-27), and after a Simpson free throw, Lorrenzo Wade made a lay-up to give the Aztecs a 39-28 lead at the break.

After the Gaels got down by 13 to start the game, SMC outscored the Aztecs 28-27 over the final 16 minutes of the half.

After SDSU extended its lead to 46-33 following an Amoroso three at the 17:05 mark, before Saint Mary's started closing the gap. The Gaels went on a 10-2 run to cut the deficit to 48-43 with 13:55 following a Hunter put-back. During the run, SMC got four points from both Hunter and Carlin Hughes. Saint Mary's tied it at 64 on Mills' fast-break layup with 2:02 left but could never take the lead.
and finally falls in the NIT

SAN DIEGO, CA - In front of the sixth sellout crowd at the Cox Arena at Aztec Bowl, Saint Mary's could not overcome an early 13-0 deficit and fell to San Diego State 70-66 in the quarterfinal round of the National Invitational Tournament. San Diego State's Tim Shelton posted up for the go-ahead basket with 48.6 seconds left and Richie Williams made three free throws in the final 26 seconds as the Aztecs held off the Gaels.

Saint Mary's (28-7) battled back the entire game, and tied the score at 64-64 when Patrick Mills scored a lay-up with 2:03 remaining in the game. After SDSU pulled aheld with the Shelton bucket, Mills went to the line with a chance to tie the score with 34.9 seconds remaining, but missed the front end of a one and one.

After Williams made a pair of free throws following the Mills miss, Carlin Hughes connected on a lay-up with 14.9 seconds reamaining. Mills would foul Williams again, sending him to the line for a pair of free throws. Williams made one of two, giving the Aztecs (26-9) a 3-point (69-66). On the ensuing SMC possession, Mills fumbled a pass out of bounds in front of the SDSU bench, ending SMC's chances to pull out the victory and earn a trip to New York's Madison Square Garden for the NIT final four.

Mills would lead the Gaels with a game-high 18 points, but it came in a 7-for-24 shooting night. He was 4-for-13 from 3-point land, and had five assists to go along with five turnovers.

For the seventh time this season, Diamon Simpson and Omar Samhan had a double-double in the same game for the Gaels. Simpson finished with 11 points and 14 boards, while Samhan had 10 points, 12 rebounds and a game-high five blocked shots. Saint Mary's was 6-1 this season when Simpson and Samhan had a double-double in the same game.

Hughes finished the game with 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting off the bench.

Billy White scored 17 to lead the Aztecs (26-9), who will play Baylor (23-14) in the semifinals on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.

SDSU had lost to Saint Mary's in consecutive appearances in the John Wooden Classic, including 67-64 on Dec. 13.

San Diego State jumped out to a 13-0 lead over the first four minutes of the game. SMC’s first basket came at the 15:59 mark when Mills hit a 3-pointer to end the drought. Saint Mary’s cut the SDSU lead to 20-10 following a basket by Simpson, but the Aztecs used an 8-2 run to open its biggest lead of the first half at 28-12 following a pair of free throws by Ryan Amoroso at the 9:38 mark.

With SDSU leading 30-14, Saint Mary’s used an 8-0 burst to cut the Aztecs’ lead to single digits at 30-22. SMC continued to cut into the San Diego State lead, getting as close at 32-27 after an O’Leary three and a Samhan jumper. SDUS following the Samhan basket with a 5-0 run to extend the advantage to double digits (37-27), and after a Simpson free throw, Lorrenzo Wade made a lay-up to give the Aztecs a 39-28 lead at the break.

After the Gaels got down by 13 to start the game, SMC outscored the Aztecs 28-27 over the final 16 minutes of the half.

After SDSU extended its lead to 46-33 following an Amoroso three at the 17:05 mark, before Saint Mary's started closing the gap. The Gaels went on a 10-2 run to cut the deficit to 48-43 with 13:55 following a Hunter put-back. During the run, SMC got four points from both Hunter and Carlin Hughes. Saint Mary's tied it at 64 on Mills' fast-break layup with 2:02 left but could never take the lead.
and finally falls in the NIT

I didnt see that this had been posted and was suprised....lol

I was watching the foxsports new channel last night and heard that he's heading into the draft for next year. How do u think he'll fair in the draft and how do u think he stacks up against the other PG's on the college seen?

Sweet i can get my new PC started soon :D

I think his hand injury along with St Mary's missing March madness will have alot to do with him not getting picked to high on the list. I think he's deservant of low to mid teens but not holding my breath.

Sweet i can get my new PC started soon :D

I think his hand injury along with St Mary's missing March madness will have alot to do with him not getting picked to high on the list. I think he's deservant of low to mid teens but not holding my breath.

Still i think that would be OK, it means he has a better chance on landing on a team with a good dtrong core that he can learn and build on. Should also mean some cheaper cards for us, I may think about collecting him but i think there may be fist fights with poeple on here for his cards...lol

Still i think that would be OK, it means he has a better chance on landing on a team with a good dtrong core that he can learn and build on. Should also mean some cheaper cards for us, I may think about collecting him but i think there may be fist fights with poeple on here for his cards...lol

There is no doubt about that... Maybe think of getting all his jersey #d cards! :thumbsup:

I wonder if we'll see his cards go sky high in australia haha!

Realistically Verse1 is right though.

He was being considered heavily for the lottery mid-way through the season, the Gaels had one of the best records in the nation and were challenging Gonzaga for #1 in the WCC.

Patty was also averaging near 20 ppg and 5-6 assists per game.

He never bounced back from his injury well, and he never could regain his shooting form.

A few main pointers.

The WCC Championship game against Gonzaga

His last game playing in the NIT.

If he had come off strong against Gonzaga the Gaels would have had an automatic bid into the tourney for winning the WCC Crown. A few more good performances in the opening rounds of the NCAA Tourney would have sealed Mills in the lottery.

I think prior to now he would've been picked somewhere from 12-16.

Right now I'd say his stock has been hurt but people still know he's great.

After Rubio, Brandon Jennings and maybe Tywon Lawson and Stephen Curry I think it's a toss-up between guys like Patty Mills, Jeff Teague and Johnny Flynn.

Read it this morning, no surprises to be honest, expected him to declare. Can't wait to see where he ends up! How crazy would he be if he ended up with the Bucks!

I think he will not hire an agent though and this nomination will be just to test the waters to see where the teams think he is worth and if he is not where he wants to be eg. below #20, he will go back to college

I think he will not hire an agent though and this nomination will be just to test the waters to see where the teams think he is worth and if he is not where he wants to be eg. below #20, he will go back to college

He confirmed that he wasn't gonna sign, good move, at least he can go back for his 3rd yeard if it doesnt work out.

He confirmed that he wasn't gonna sign, good move, at least he can go back for his 3rd yeard if it doesnt work out.

Exactly.

If he's able to go top 20 he should go this year.

No doubt prior to his injury he would've been 4-5 slots higher than where he will probably end up, but this is a weak draft class and if he can go top 20 this year it's better than returning to college where he would have to have a BIG year in order to remain in the top 20.

In other words it would be far EASIER for his draft stock to fall if he doesn't improve between this season and the next as opposed to his draft stock rising.

But with heaps of preparation leading up to draft camps and workouts it's my opinion that he will probably rise in the mock drafts, once NBA teams witness his quickness, leadership and toughness on defense first-hand I don't believe there is a way they will be able to fault him.

The comparisons to Tony Parker aren't far off, I'm not sure there is a quicker point guard in the draft.

Although the lottery hasn't occurred yet, these are teams he could end up with:

14 - Phoenix
15 - Detroit
16 - Chicago
17 - Philadelphia
18 - Minnesota
19 - Atlanta
20 - Utah
21 - New Orleans
22 - Dallas
23 - Sacramento
24 - Portland
25 - Oklahoma City
26 - Chicago Bulls
27 - Memphis
28 - Minnesota
29 - LA Lakers
30 - Cleveland

NBADraft.net (the source I use) has him going #23 to the Kings.
Another really good source that is highly respected and popular for mock drafts is DraftExpress.com which covers all high school, college and international prospects (pretty much anything about prospects!)
They have Patty going #31 to the Kings (they have this pick too) although in my opinion he will definately move up.

Of course that's just speculation but Udrih isn't the best PG and could be cool to see him come in and play with Martin, Thompson & Hawes.

Other teams I think within the range, that it would be good for him to get onto would be the Lakers (with an aging Derek Fisher), the T'Wolves (who really have every position except PG sorted), Dallas (learning from Kidd and JJ) or Atlanta (learning off Bibby for a couple of seasons).

Cant see him getting much time in chi town, utah or NO, but would be interesting to see him play alongside kobe or another aussie, the boggie man!

Cant see him getting much time in chi town, utah or NO, but would be interesting to see him play alongside kobe or another aussie, the boggie man!

Yeah well I can't see a team, picking on "needs" picking Mills if they are already loaded at the point.

Bulls have Rose and Hinrich.

NO has Paul and Utah has Deron..

Back
Top Bottom