Official Patty Mills Thread

Re: Paddy Mills Season Progress Thread

solid stats, but he is turning the ball over too much. Only had 1 game under 4 turnovers......going to have to clean that up if he wants to take the next step

I dont think it means too much at that level of play !

I remember an import playing state league in W.A. about 15 yrs ago , He must have had 5 or 6 turnovers a night easily !.... but the other things he did for the team plus his winning attitude gave them a winning season :thumbsup:

As long as you can win :thumbsup:

I dont think it means too much at that level of play !

I remember an import playing state league in W.A. about 15 yrs ago , He must have had 5 or 6 turnovers a night easily !.... but the other things he did for the team plus his winning attitude gave them a winning season :thumbsup:

As long as you can win :thumbsup:

look at D-Wade's turnovers. when your the #1 option on your team, you score around half their points and do everything for them.. 3- 4 to's in my mind is acceptable.

that's 1 per quarter when your handling the ball for most part at least half the time of each quarter

:v:
I can't believe I'm the first to point this out, but it's "PATTY" Mills, not Paddy.

Hence Patty his a nicname for PATRICK.

Someone should change the title of the thread, sounds like we're supporting an Irish basketball player.

But he's been great so far averaging 19.8 ppg, the kid can play. Hope he goes lottery this year :)

They also won their 6th game of the season today or yesterday against Kent State.

Mills had something like 26 including 8/17 shooting and 4 or 5 triple's.

I think you guys maybe too young (I'm only saying maybe) that is normal for a australian who's name is Patrick to be called Paddy not Patty. I know a lot of guys who's name is Patrick and is always reduced to Paddy, it is a hangover from the Irish & catholic influence in OZ. Had to set you guys straight as it would be embrassing for a guy to be called Patty (a girls name) instead of the nickname of Paddy (a guys name). thanks

lol, i'm well aware that his name is Patrick...i left it as Paddy because i found the way they pronounced it against USA amusing. Clearly it was "Paddy Mills playing for the Horsies". (In Australian, Patty Mills playing for the Aussies)

Sorry if that went over anyones head, i probably should have commented on that in the opening thread.
I think you guys maybe too young (I'm only saying maybe) that is normal for a australian who's name is Patrick to be called Paddy not Patty. I know a lot of guys who's name is Patrick and is always reduced to Paddy, it is a hangover from the Irish & catholic influence in OZ. Had to set you guys straight as it would be embrassing for a guy to be called Patty (a girls name) instead of the nickname of Paddy (a guys name). thanks

Re: Patrick Mills Season Progress Thread

His next 2 games on Foxtel

Friday 1pm VS Loyola Marymont on ESPN

Sunday Midday VS Pepperdine on ESPN

Damn.

Should be back in time for March Madness when the scouts are really out in force. But only just back from a broken hand obviously wont be at 100%.

Updated first post in the thread.

I just watched the Gonzaga game which i had taped on Saturday. Gonzaga is St. Mary's huge rival and a game that St Marys had been looking forward to all season.

Mills was on absolute fire to start the game, hitting 6-8 3pters and giving St Marys a 6 point lead in front of the rowdy Gonzaga home crowd. Then he hit the ground and broke his hand. From that point on the St Marys team was just plain ugly without him. Too much 1 on 1, couldn't even feed the post, turnover after turnover, crap shot after crap shot. They ended up losing by 7 and it was clear that without Mills they are going to struggle.

They have played one more game since then which they lost as well. They went from the longest winning streak in the country to two losses in a row with Mills out.

Updated first post in the thread.

I just watched the Gonzaga game which i had taped on Saturday. Gonzaga is St. Mary's huge rival and a game that St Marys had been looking forward to all season.

Mills was on absolute fire to start the game, hitting 6-8 3pters and giving St Marys a 6 point lead in front of the rowdy Gonzaga home crowd. Then he hit the ground and broke his hand. From that point on the St Marys team was just plain ugly without him. Too much 1 on 1, couldn't even feed the post, turnover after turnover, crap shot after crap shot. They ended up losing by 7 and it was clear that without Mills they are going to struggle.

They have played one more game since then which they lost as well. They went from the longest winning streak in the country to two losses in a row with Mills out.

Atleast that highlights how good Paddy is, and how important he is to the team.

Back
Top Bottom