Official NBL 2013/14 Season Thread

I tell ya, it gets really tiring getting your season ended by Perth every year. Brutal. That was a great display by Perth, taking the home team totally out of their game plan and making them look amateurish. God I hate them. Especially Redhage :lol:

Yeah hate Perth the most too, especially Redhage.

There isn't much in the knee, Goulding def milked it and having only one angle makes it look even worse. Ervin shouldn't have been baited but if it get's suspended would be bullcrap. Basketball needs to toughen up abit hence why flopping and clowns jumping around is coming more and more into the great game.

Depends if they can prove it, I don't think he went out of his way to knee him in the nuts, Goulding made it look worse than it actually is.
Mate, I know you are a 36ers fan, but seriously, Goulding definitely milked it, but Ervin deliberately kneed him in the balls and it is clear as day on video for everyone to see.

Mate, I know you are a 36ers fan, but seriously, Goulding definitely milked it, but Ervin deliberately kneed him in the balls and it is clear as day on video for everyone to see.

Guess you have your opinion and I have mine. Think it got what was deserved being unsportsmanlike foul and thats it. NBL to suspend would be a joke. Its basketball not netball.

There's no room in the game for something like that. It crosses the line. It would be at least a 1 game suspension in the NRL or AFL so I don't see why it shouldn't be in the NBL.

There's no room in the game for something like that. It crosses the line. It would be at least a 1 game suspension in the NRL or AFL so I don't see why it shouldn't be in the NBL.

Guess that's where you and I are different. I don't mind abit of physicalilty to the game and the NBL can't prove he was intending to knee him to the nuts, looks like close checking D to me. :) Goulding shouldn't have dived like a girl.

Otherwise Ennis and Joey Wright should/would have been suspended earlier on the season.

There's physicality and then there's just being a thug.

Close checking D doesn't require you to raise your leg into your opponent. You also don't play D after the opposition has scored.

Funny you mention the Ennis/Wright incident. Guess who started that whole thing. Gary Ervin.

There's physicality and then there's just being a thug.

Close checking D doesn't require you to raise your leg into your opponent. You also don't play D after the opposition has scored.

Funny you mention the Ennis/Wright incident. Guess who started that whole thing. Gary Ervin.

You need these characters of the game though. Though I dont agree with the kneeing, you dont and I dont know what was said and going on the court.

Both Ennis and Ervin have huge ego's and both like to trash talk. In that jnstance Ervin mouthed and Ennis responded does that mean Ennis is a thug???

You and I are not going to agree on this.

I agree we need characters mate and guys like Ervin and Ennis are players that opposition fans love to hate. I just think Ervin crossed the line, much like I thought Ennis crossed the line and Joey Wright jumped right over the line and acted like a complete fool in that incident.

Anyway, happy to agree to disagree. Glad there is other people as passionate as me about the NBL :thumbsup:

I agree we need characters mate and guys like Ervin and Ennis are players that opposition fans love to hate. I just think Ervin crossed the line, much like I thought Ennis crossed the line and Joey Wright jumped right over the line and acted like a complete fool in that incident.

Anyway, happy to agree to disagree. Glad there is other people as passionate as me about the NBL :thumbsup:

Agreed 100% mate. Good to see another passionate supporter.

Think that's pretty fair. You can't just knee someone in the groin and get off but this way he pays the price and we still get a final series if the 36ers get there. Probably worth a couple in regular season but.

Yeah believe that is the biggest single player fine given out by the NBL, That would be about 4% of Ervin's salary and way too much.

Took the NBL long enough to decide. Heard they were getting opinions from the Victorian Premier lol

Back
Top Bottom