Official NBL 2013/14 Season Thread

Reffing was poor all round!
Adelaide had too many weapons for Perth. They are a very deep team, I don't know how they managed to add as many players as they did in the off season?

Officiating has easily gone Perths way
tumblr_magwzdJfE11rb9mago1_500.gif

We should have buried Perth by 12-15 points tonight, disappointing finish looking forward to Game 3.

Reffing has been bad Game 1 went way to Perth, Game 2 went in favour to us.

Im pretty happy we only lost by 5 considering how we played. Ennis and Redhage were quiet and we were forced to foul a couple of times in the last minute.

I agree on the reffing. The home team is getting it, so it will be interesting to see how it is called on Sunday. Im not a fan of the same 3 refs calling all 3 games either.

It's no surprise I didn't like the reffing, but I'm starting to think I just don't like the rules in the NBL! lol
How they can allow so much body contact when driving but so little under the ring is ridiculous. The whole moving the feet in front of a player is a joke. A block should be a block!

Yeah, surely there is 4 or 5 refs that could be rotated through the series. The level of reffing so far has been a let down.

To all those complaining about the reffing, please take a moment to source the memo online from the league asking the game to be called this way. All three of the officials referee internationally, with 1 getting the gold medal game at the last Olympics and still remains in career best form. Basketball Australia, along with the NBL complying, has said that the closer to the hoop you are the more contact is going to be called - with an emphasis on putting them at the line. I'm disappointed that people can go out there and say how much they are favoring one side, or carrying bias as I know these guys personally through my own officiating career. Yes I watched the game also and the inconsistencies to the general public are stemming from the memo from the league on how they want the points of emphasis applied.

Back
Top Bottom