Official 2016/17 Tap N Play Cricket Trading Card Thread

Omg Yes
Hope Newsagents get them tomorrow

Not likely....just received the following email from Neil at TnP

"Hi Collectors,

Apologies to all, as the 2nd shipment of Cricket Cards was held up in port so the retail release has been pushed from Nov 14 to Nov 21 in retail stores.

A list of retail stores stocking the product is attached.

A number of resellers have stock on hand from the smaller initial shipment if you want to buy them earlier:

• Diggaz Trading
  • Jaja Collectables
  • IKON Collectables"

Attachments

• CA Retail Stockists.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,439
Any thought on the value of the Mitchell Starc jersey card? One went unsold on auction for $225 so would a price range of $100-150 be about right?

Any thought on the value of the Mitchell Starc jersey card? One went unsold on auction for $225 so would a price range of $100-150 be about right?

Hard to tell. The prices on last years bottomed out pretty quickly so will have to wait and see. I think when the stock hits the newsagents we will see more of them surface & then get a better idea on true value for them.

The Lee jersey card started at $200 plus last year and then was selling around $100. Same goes for the signature cards from the last release.

Received this beauty back today!

img015.jpg

Thanks to @Peter70 who alerted the soccer forum that the new TnP web site is now live.

A news item is also posted that TnP has signed a license to produce ICC World Cup trading cards, as follows

"In a major International coup we are pleased to announce that commencing in 2017 Tap’N’Play will be creating sets for all major ICC events that will be distributed throughout the world. This includes the Champions Trophy in England in June 2017 – 2018 T20 World Cup – 2019 World Cup (ODI) and some other Hall of Fame sets that will be accompanied by a new Cricket Heroes App."

http://www.tapnplay.net/tapnplay-sign-icc-license-world-cup-trading-cards/

Apologies for posting this if this is 'old news' and the details have already been posted elsewhere on this forum.

Thanks to @Peter70 who alerted the soccer forum that the new TnP web site is now live.

A news item is also posted that TnP has signed a license to produce ICC World Cup trading cards, as follows

"In a major International coup we are pleased to announce that commencing in 2017 Tap’N’Play will be creating sets for all major ICC events that will be distributed throughout the world. This includes the Champions Trophy in England in June 2017 – 2018 T20 World Cup – 2019 World Cup (ODI) and some other Hall of Fame sets that will be accompanied by a new Cricket Heroes App."

http://www.tapnplay.net/tapnplay-sign-icc-license-world-cup-trading-cards/

Apologies for posting this if this is 'old news' and the details have already been posted elsewhere on this forum.

From what I was told in the past, these would be a mix of physical releases and digital releases. I think it would be very hard to have a physical set for sale for the 2017 champions trophy when the tournament only goes for 3 weeks.

There could be some really insane sets/cards produced but let's hope they get it right for these sets.....

Fingers crossed.......

I think they may be delayed, cards should have been in Newsagents yesterday, I wasn't allocated any so had to wait until G&G had them listed and then order. They only appeared a week before the release date, they still don't have albums listed.

Has anyone seen any albums in newsagents yet or know when they will be in newsagents? Cheers

Haven't heard specifically about the cricket albums, but in relation to TnP's a-league release I believe the albums were originally held up in Hong Kong. @pickapresent then posted the following last week:

"Albums are now toward the 2nd week of December. The ship was caught in a typhoon and had to return to dock and cartage transferred to a new ship.
They will be in Australia on the 31st November, then will take a week or so for TnP to then ship out to dealers"

So assume the cricket albums were on the same ship.

Just continuing the trend of the most bizarre things happening with TnP releases.

Haven't heard specifically about the cricket albums, but in relation to TnP's a-league release I believe the albums were originally held up in Hong Kong. @pickapresent then posted the following last week:

"Albums are now toward the 2nd week of December. The ship was caught in a typhoon and had to return to dock and cartage transferred to a new ship.
They will be in Australia on the 31st November, then will take a week or so for TnP to then ship out to dealers"

So assume the cricket albums were on the same ship.

Just continuing the trend of the most bizarre things happening with TnP releases.
Including the fact that there are only THIRTY days in November :)

What is it with typhoons and Australian cricket? First it was Frank "Typhoon" Tyson in 1954/55, and now this!! :)

Back
Top Bottom