Official 2016/17 Tap N Play Cricket Trading Card Thread

Has anyone heard anything more about the app that is to accompany this release & allows entry of the codes on the back of the silver cards??

Or even what the app is called?

I did see a reference a 'Cricket Heroes App' in the TnP new article about the planned ICC World Cup trading cards.

But a search on the App Store with that title didn't bring anything up....although it did find Clicker Heroes.

IMG_0611.PNG

So if we can't find any cricket heroes at the moment maybe the test selectors could look there.

Is the app's release linked to the start of the BBL season??

Has anyone heard anything more about the app that is to accompany this release & allows entry of the codes on the back of the silver cards??

Or even what the app is called?

I did see a reference a 'Cricket Heroes App' in the TnP new article about the planned ICC World Cup trading cards.

But a search on the App Store with that title didn't bring anything up....although it did find Clicker Heroes.

IMG_0611.PNG

So if we can't find any cricket heroes at the moment maybe the test selectors could look there.

Is the app's release linked to the start of the BBL season??

Mate, I asked about the app on Tap n Play's Facebook page - Neil said that the app is currently with Cricket Australia for approval. I've got silvers coming out the wazoo in anticipation :)

A great initiative by Tap n Play to get interest and new collectors into the market.

Dear Customers,

We are pleased to announce Channel 10 will take over 128 of the WBBL Cards from the Current CA/BBL Trading Card series (4 each x 4 players per team x 8 teams) and have the WBBL players sign them on-air after each televised game and mention the Tap’N’Play series on the WBBL broadcast. The signed cards will then be used in promotions.

This is a great deal brokered through Cricket Australia to start with a low cost but effective marketing of the cards on national (FTA) Television.

This promotion also brings young girls into the collectors market.

This CA/Tap’N’Play promotion will expand the market reach of the cards significantly given last year’s WBBL ratings were greater than men’s A-league audiences – we checked CA’s claim before passing this information on with with the ABC’s Fact checker and... it is correct:

2015-16 WBBL Broadcast Ratings

• Ten WBBL games were televised live, three on Network Ten's primary free-to-air channel TEN and seven on its subsidiary channel ONE.
  • Over the same period 27 A-League games were shown live on pay television channel Fox Sports 4, five of which were also broadcast live on free-to-air channel SBS 2.
Results:
  • The average for the women's cricket was 142,000.
  • The average for the men's football was 43,000 on Fox Sports and 47,000 on SBS 2– 90k total

We are sure this promotion will assist you in marketing our WBBL/BBL & CA range to new markets.

Cheers,

Neil Armstrong
mail

Delivery: 425 Galston Rd Dural NSW 2158 Australia
www.tapnplay.net
https://www.facebook.com/tapnplay/

Anyone seen any albums yet or know when they will be in newsagents?
Cheers

I believe they're expected in the next fortnight

Recieved an email from Cards r Us yesterday advising of the delay in both TnP cricket & a-league folders, stating "we should have stock in on the 12th December to ship 13th."

Assuming dealers in Sydney/NSW will get their folder stock first, then stocks may not hit newsagents until just before Xmas (if we are very lucky) or early New Year.

The newsagent distributors' eg Gordon & Gotch, are likely to have revised delivery patterns over the Xmas/NY period so that will also impact on deliveries.

Just a quick question and sorry if it's already been answered, but are the patch cards done correctly like NBA and Select AFL or are they still folding them over like the previous few they've done?

Anyone had trouble finding this release in Newsagents?
Have been into 10 Newsagents within 200km of us and only one has had them, spoken to a few and they were in the same situation as ourselves and didn't receive any.
Flicked Neil Armstrong an email last night, and he rang me this morning to thank us for the feed back. He doesn't get any directly from convenience stores, news agents etc only the distributors. If anyone has had trouble locating them Im sure he would appreciate hearing about it.

Anyone had trouble finding this release in Newsagents?
Have been into 10 Newsagents within 200km of us and only one has had them, spoken to a few and they were in the same situation as ourselves and didn't receive any.
Flicked Neil Armstrong an email last night, and he rang me this morning to thank us for the feed back. He doesn't get any directly from convenience stores, news agents etc only the distributors. If anyone has had trouble locating them Im sure he would appreciate hearing about it.
Same here in vic no problems at 7/eleven and a couple of Woolworths servos but the newsagents haven't any so they are not getting out there

My newsagent had two boxes - sold them in a week and no more stock. They still have plenty of a league....

Similar scenario around Perth. Some of the newsagents that stocked it last year didn't have any this year,. Some are only stocking cricket but not a-league. In those that are stocking both releases the cricket is outselling a-league.

Although there is the local factor of course - Perth Scorchers being BBL winners, and Perth Glory's season has been fairly so so.

So what is the go with Chris Lynn sigs, seems like everyone has one for sale or trade, I have busted less than 50packs and just pulled my second one.

Yeah hard to be disappointed with pulling a sig, must have the sig mojo going as we have managed 3 from less than 50 packs in fact Ive pulled more sigs than any other insert apart from the parallels.

Back
Top Bottom