Brendan_B

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
Brendan3767
image.jpeg
Helps to ease the pain of another dismal capitulation

To quote an excitable commentator from another sport...

image.jpeg

Another exciting release coming up then! Tap n Play are really filling the void aren't they!! :)

Who do we want to see on the sig cards this year?

Australia - Josh Hazlewood / Joe Burns
Southern Stars - Mag Lanning / Alysa Healy
Strikers - Travis Head / Adil Rashid
Heat - Alex Ross / Brendan McCullum
Scorchers - Ashton Agar / Jason Behrendorff
Hurricanes - Cameron Boyce / Kumar Sangakkara
Stars - Glen Maxwell / KP
Renegades - Dwayne Bravo / Brad Hogg
Sixers - Nic Maddinson / Johan Botha
Thunder - Gurinder Sandhu / Clint McKay

My thoughts:

Australia - Usman Khawaja / Peter Nevill
Southern Stars - Jess Jonassen/ Lauren Cheatle
Strikers - Travis Head / Ben Laughlin
Heat - Chris Lynn / Brendon McCullum
Scorchers - Shaun Marsh / Jason Behrendorff
Hurricanes - Shaun Tait / Darren Sammy
Stars - Peter Handscomb / KP
Renegades - Aaron Finch/ Brad Hogg
Sixers - Ben Dwarshius / Johan Botha
Thunder - Andre Russell / Chris Hartley

My thoughts:

Australia - Usman Khawaja / Peter Nevill
Southern Stars - Jess Jonassen/ Lauren Cheatle
Strikers - Travis Head / Ben Laughlin
Heat - Chris Lynn / Brendon McCullum
Scorchers - Shaun Marsh / Jason Behrendorff
Hurricanes - Shaun Tait / Darren Sammy
Stars - Peter Handscomb / KP
Renegades - Aaron Finch/ Brad Hogg
Sixers - Ben Dwarshius / Johan Botha
Thunder - Andre Russell / Chris Hartley

I was looking for players that have not had a sig card before, so rules out Khawaja, Nevill, Tait and Finch.

Hartley and Russell are not contracted by the Thunder as yet. Would love Russell back with the team this year and a sig card would be great if he does make it back!

I was looking for players that have not had a sig card before, so rules out Khawaja, Nevill, Tait and Finch.

Hartley and Russell are not contracted by the Thunder as yet. Would love Russell back with the team this year and a sig card would be great if he does make it back!
Good point, I guess we'll find out who will be signing when they reveal!! :)

My guess:

Australia - Josh Hazlewood / Shaun Marsh
Southern Stars - Mag Lanning / Holly Ferling
Strikers - Travis Head / Jake Lehmann
Heat - Chris Lynn / Samuel Badree
Scorchers - Ashton Agar / Mitchell Johnson (even though he has had signature cards in the past.)
Hurricanes - Cameron Boyce / Tim Paine
Stars - Glenn Maxwell / Scott Boland
Renegades - Tom Beaton / Brad Hogg
Sixers - Nic Maddinson / Sean Abbott/ Stephen O'Keefe
Thunder - Ben Rohrer / Clint McKay

Here is another update from Tap N Play's Facebook Page:

In the lead up to our much anticipated 2016/17 CA & BBL Cricket Trading Card release, we wanted to share with you some images a very special item we recently took delivery of at our Tap N Play offices.

This very special item is none other than a match worn playing shirt of Australian Cricket Superstar Fast Bowler - Mitchell Starc.

Mitchell confirmed to Tap N Play that this playing shirt was worn in the recent ODI Tri Series games against South Africa and the West Indies in the Caribbean, where the Australian side emerged victorious beating the home side in the Final.

Swatches of this match worn playing shirt will be featured on one of our Limited Edition Cricket Memorabilia Cards available in our upcoming 2016/17 Cricket Trading Card release.

We will have a few more exciting announcements in store to share with you soon, but for now we hope you enjoy this preview

Starc 2.jpg

Starc 1.jpg

Starc 3.jpg

Nice to see another jersey card for this release.
Although the sizing of shirts must have been very 'generous' for that ODI series, given his shirt in the photo is M size, and Mitch Starc is 6ft 6in (197 cm) :whistle:

Reminds me of the tag line in that vintage Mitsubishi ad - 'not so squeezy!'

Early November.

Designs are going through final proofs now i believe and I am aware that 2 signature cards have already been signed.

Have heard the main issue is that the remaining signature players are all overseas at the moment so it gives you an indication of the strength of the signature lineup for this year.

I understand the intent is to have all signature cards in packs this year but dependant on when they can be signed, some may be redemption cards.

Cheers
Matt

@Mike_K Starcs jersey must be a USA sized 'Medium" lol or it could be official CA party gear where Starc wears this with his midriff showing loll

Some of the signers are overseas, fingers crossed it's from the other test series going around the world and not the lads playing in Sri Lanka :rofl::whistle:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom