Official 2013 NRL Discussion *SPOILERS*

With RR...I think you've got a gun in Milford anyway........you guys can certainly produce a quality back or two.

Let's hope Milford stays! Contracted until the end of 2014 but apparently a bit homesick although he was recently quoted as wanting to stay in Canberra and move his family down so fingers crossed

quote="Digeze, post: 1323746, member: 940"]Where is he from originally?

Or when he says homesick....does he mean from all his other mates that are now at the Dragons[/quote]

Haha, hopefully the Dragons stay away!

He is a Brisbane boy, another Souths Logan product

What exactly did Carney do at the Roosters?
All I remember was a "report" of him tackling a garbage bin drunk!!...
I don't really remember him doing much wrong.... Happy to be clued in!!

What exactly did Carney do at the Roosters?
All I remember was a "report" of him tackling a garbage bin drunk!!...
I don't really remember him doing much wrong.... Happy to be clued in!!

Got caught drink driving as well didn't he?

Fair point Girds but I think that Dugan had no respect for anyone and regardless who was in the leadership group he was going to do what he wanted which was to get out of Canberra. The strength of the leadership group was shown with the first Dugan / Ferguson incident I believe as they made the call to sack Dugan and to lose a player of that quality is a huge call. Likewise FERGO obviously respected them enough to pull his head in, play good footy and get an origin debut. I don't think that a lack of leadership had anything to do with Fergos latest incident, more so stupidity on his part. With Carney I really cannot say what was going on in relation to respect for the leadership group because he turned around and did the same thing to the Roosters, good to see he is repaying faith shown in him by the Sharks.

Overall I don't think it is Willie's place to comment, sure he has been in similar situations but he doesn't play down there and to come out and bag on another clubs leadership skills is poor form. What if Shillo came out and blamed Newcastles previous drug issues on poor leadership when it was obviously a rogue individual.

As for the Rumour concerning RR I hadn't heard it and I hope it is just a rumour

yeah nah i can see where your coming from aswell.

as for willie, i guess yeah he probably shouldnt of came out and said what he said to that extent. but he was paid to go on the show and provide his perspective on things, and paul kent posed the question, and he did mention his club in regards to what would happen if gagai or a younger bloke did something like that in newcastle, he wasnt solely focused on how bad he thought canberra as a leadership group handled everything.

Was drinking at a pub with Nate Myles when the team had an alcohol ban.

i think the carney thing was more that he lost all respect for smith over the alleged rumours going around at the time.. and myles was one that took his side in things.

Really... And they only sacked him? It's a wonder he wasn't drawn and quartered.
I'm pretty sure at the time of the "Alcohol Ban" He'd been dropped to play for the Jets...

So in his 2 years at the Roosters he:
- Went LOW RANGE DUI (0.52)
- Broke a team booze ban while playing ressies
- Tackled a bin
AND
- Won a Dally M
- Single handedly almost took them from Spooners to Premiers

Geez.... Tough crowd in Bondi!!!

You're right Girds... Anasta wanted his Jumper back, And Smith didn't give him the credit he deserved.... None of them did!!

yeah nah i can see where your coming from aswell.

as for willie, i guess yeah he probably shouldnt of came out and said what he said to that extent. but he was paid to go on the show and provide his perspective on things, and paul kent posed the question, and he did mention his club in regards to what would happen if gagai or a younger bloke did something like that in newcastle, he wasnt solely focused on how bad he thought canberra as a leadership group handled everything.

I can't stand Paul Kent

Good to see Carney has finally settled somewhere though and is starting to repay the Sharks for the lifeline. Same for Dugan, hurts to see him play well for another club but these players need to be in the game!!

Really... And they only sacked him? It's a wonder he wasn't drawn and quartered.
I'm pretty sure at the time of the "Alcohol Ban" He'd been dropped to play for the Jets...

So in his 2 years at the Roosters he:
- Went LOW RANGE DUI (0.52)
- Broke a team booze ban while playing ressies
- Tackled a bin
AND
- Won a Dally M
- Single handedly almost took them from Spooners to Premiers

Geez.... Tough crowd in Bondi!!!

You're right Girds... Anasta wanted his Jumper back, And Smith didn't give him the credit he deserved.... None of them did!!

Yeah but he has a list of priors - urinating on a guy in a nightclub, all the DUI's in Canberra, being banned from Goldburn by a judge.......add that in and you could see where it was going to end (on a roof with Dugan drinking crusiers.....)

- He did have a list of Priors...
And sat out for 12 months for them!!

In reality... He didn't do too much wrong at the Roosters.
Not enough to be ostracised and sacked anyway... Not in my opinion!!

Further to yesterday's discussion I just found this article

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...oft-treatment-of-ferguson-20130711-2ptah.html

Not sure how much truth there is in it but it would seem the Raiders leadership group wants to be strong but doesn't get support from the hierarchy. Tough situation though, how many quality players do you sack?

Yeah ya gotta feel for the Raiders; they struggle to attract or retain quality players and whenever they do, they end up having to sack them. I admire their commitment to maintaining the integrity of the club but at what point do they just say "you know what, the only people we hurt when we sack these players are our own players, staff and fans so what's the point?"

Tough call indeed.

Not missing Dugan much???
I am sure the club is loving the extra 650k they've had this year...
At the end of the day. If the guy is no good... He's no good!!
It's happened before, It will happen again...
All the talent in the world, Don't mean much if you continually let the team down.

Back
Top Bottom