Official 2011-2012 Playoff thread

I still don't see what LeBron did wrong. Didn't all the TV money from "the decision" go to charity?

Yeh I think the hate is pretty blown out, I personally don't care lol, but the main thing people complain about is the attitude, and the promise of 8 rings

Yeh I think the hate is pretty blown out, I personally don't care lol, but the main thing people complain about is the attitude, and the promise of 8 rings
That's probably what triggered the hate on Lebron to get overblown.

I took his attitude 2-4 years ago as him being young so I didn't care what he said before. I just love watching him play.

Him leaving Cleveland is his "Decision" & not mine. I also couldn't see Cleveland landing better players than what they were able to field next to Lebron when he was there. So moving to another team is a welcome sight for me.

Ask yourself, what is the worst thing that this man's ever done? And in retrospective, it really ain't that that bad

Especially when you compare him to a guy like Michael Vick who is a hero again:confused:

Back on topic - in my novice opinion i see the Heat winning. The Thunder dont seem to play defence well which i think will result in Wade get more open. Also from watching the Thunder this season i think they turn it over to much which will go in Miami's favour. Heat in 6 or maybe 7.

Dont really care who wins but I hope its good to watch.

Especially when you compare him to a guy like Michael Vick who is a hero again:confused:

Back on topic - in my novice opinion i see the Heat winning. The Thunder dont seem to play defence well which i think will result in Wade get more open. Also from watching the Thunder this season i think they turn it over to much which will go in Miami's favour. Heat in 6 or maybe 7.

Dont really care who wins but I hope its good to watch.

I agree, I think that the Heat will get the stops they need that the Spurs just could'nt get down the stretch of games against OKC.

OKC does not have great D. I've said many times, I want OKC to win. But I'm getting some money on Miami. Possibly 4-2.

It isn't about the 'decision', it is about his general attitude! He doesn't show respect to his fans, and I mean kids that idolise him, so why should he get respect!

He emits a blatant arrogance that I don't think is necessary, even from professional sportsmen!

I am not asking you Lebron fans to stop liking him, I simply have a different opinion, one that is formed around the things that I have seen.I also have never liked Kevin Garnett because of his attitude.

BTW - Owen, I assume you didn't watch OKC completely SHUT DOWN the Spurs' offense? They D is impeccable at the moment!

Sorry Adam, have to disagree with you there. Spurs averaged 101 ppg in their series against OKC. That's plenty of points.

I know what you're saying in regards to certain guys not doing as well, but 101 ppg should get it done.

Drob i may not know much but the Thunders D is nowhere near what the Celtics is and the Cs shutdown Wade - cant see the okc doing it.

Just my opinion - its allowed to be different from yours.

Matchups point of view:

Lebron vs Durant. Superstar vs superstar, this is going to be the matchup everyone's going to watch for. I'm looking at Durant to shoot a lot from the outside and if his touch is going, the Heat are in trouble.
Wade vs Harden. Wade has had slow starts to a few of these playoff games, is it the Celtics defense? What can OKC coach Brooks learn from the game film and can he apply it in their defensive schemes? Harden has been on a roll and I expect it to continue throughout this series.
Bosh vs Ibaka. Bosh needs to have the shooting touch to draw Ibaka out of the paint, giving Wade and James more room to operate and attack. He will be a vital key for Miami victory.
Udonis vs Perkins. Both have to patrol the paint and REBOUND. Udonis will do well to make 2 or 3 jumpshots a game to lure Kendrick away from the basket.
Chalmers vs Westbrook. Biggest exploitation for OKC would be Westbrook. The Heat do not have anyone that is going to be able to guard him without switching around and when they do, no shot blockers. Look for Battier to be playing Westbrook a lot in this series.

Sorry Adam, have to disagree with you there. Spurs averaged 101 ppg in their series against OKC. That's plenty of points.

I know what you're saying in regards to certain guys not doing as well, but 101 ppg should get it done.

Yes they did, but that is lower than their season average!

Miami have been scoring under 100pts in almost every game I saw of late, so I think the pressure is on them to keep OKC under 100 to have a chance!

Yes they did, but that is lower than their season average!

Miami have been scoring under 100pts in almost every game I saw of late, so I think the pressure is on them to keep OKC under 100 to have a chance!

Yep you are right, but Miami do have the best defense in the League. I think they'll be ok.

Drob i may not know much but the Thunders D is nowhere near what the Celtics is and the Cs shutdown Wade - cant see the okc doing it.

Just my opinion - its allowed to be different from yours.
Please don't take my comments as "I'm right, you're wrong".... if that is how it comes across then I am sorry, because that is not it.
I see this and every thread as a discussion and I for one know that 2 people can see the same thing in 2 different lights! Usually towards their preference! lol

I just think the OKC defence took a HUUUUGE leap in that series!

As much hate as there is, there is twice as much crotch smothering going on..... Im the first to admit I ram home my opinions, but there are so many of you on here doing it right now....

Basically from what Ive read in the last few pages is, people that love Lebron can say what they want and have any opinion they want yet people that don't like him and the way he handles himself should just shut up and get over it?!? GTFO!!

Your always going to get differing opinions, especially on the net it's what makes these topical debates interesting and keeps EVERYONE coming back to the threads...

Im happy to almost stay silent these Finals, as I am just going to watch some good Basketball being played, and as a TRUE Chicago supporter, the result either way for me is going to be disheartening! Just be a little bit easier to take if it goes to the West.....

Durant will go through Lebron's muscles to get to the rim often. So I would think that he'll be shooting a lot of jumpers against Lebron and hopefully they don't go in often. :) I also don't think that the Thunder will score 100pts easily against the Heat but we'll see. I hope neither of them gets injured as I can see both playing at least 44 mins/game. I can't wait for this match up!!!:D

nba_u_durant1x_288v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom